Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 207 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Squee's WB

Super Moderator
    Latest progress. My blues aren't very different :/ lol

I just have to paint the head parts and some of the metal frame/weapon parts as well as some touchups like on the thruster bells on the back. I think i'm gonna change the outside of the thruster again as it's too similar to the rest of the backpack :/

Super Moderator
    Test fitting some pieces

Some parts primed but there are some places that need to be fixed some more, like a rough edge or an edge that needs puttying so that its all even

I'm focusing more on my RG MK II but after i finish painting tomorrow, im stuck waiting on decals, so hopefully i'll start on this guy again.
    Last edited by Squee; June 7, 2012 at 2:18 AM.

Super Moderator
    This is just really an update on what i plan to do. lotting: I can't paint my RG right now as its late at night and don't want to bother anyone with noise. So i started lightly working on this again.

While fixing parts, puttying, sanding, the usual, i notice alot of the little rivet details are kind of bland and need to be rescribed. So i figure why bother, so i'm gonna drill them out and replace the more noticable ones with new ball bearings.

Plans

On the part for the back of the neck, the wires are kind of bland so i might replace them with some copper snake wire and other types of wire to add some extra sharpness to them.

Neck Cables

Last edited by Squee; June 7, 2012 at 5:44 AM.

Super Moderator
    Then on the chest, there are these two cable like things that go under the wider parts. One of them is much shorter than required, so while going through my metal parts collection i figured i'd use some ammo feed belt i got from mechaskunk before he closed his store.

Torso

Original parts

Feed belt

Replaced parts

Oh yea and im debating using these magnets for most of the armor pieces so they can come off, but they are pretty weak. :/ Plus if i do my dio plans, the kit will not be able to be removed again. LOL

Magnets

Thats all for now i guess. LOL /end essay.
    Last edited by Squee; June 7, 2012 at 5:42 AM.

Super Moderator
    Oh yea also here are some miscellaneous Other metal option parts i might use

Administrator
    Looking very sharp so far. You planning to put the decals on?

Administrator
    It looks really cool. What exactly is it from?

Super Moderator
    Yea i'm waiting on a set of water slide decals to arrive from Samueldecals. They shipped out yesterday so hopefully i'll have them sometime next week.

Super Moderator
    It's from The Five Star Stories series.

Super Moderator
    Started to sharpen existing detail and replacing messed up parts.

Man, an FSS kit.

Love the details on it, and how you are making your subtle mods. Normally from what I usually see in the stores, they don't need much modding, but this is very nice.

Super Moderator
    Yea i'm just replacing things i think can be improved. I'm not doing anything drastic to change it's appearance. All of the metal bb's are replacing detail that looks just like it, except the recast lost some of the sharpness.

Super Moderator
    I finished adding most of the bb's to replace the detail and I figured I would try a test piece for what I'd paint the armor in. This is over white primer-it will get a base coat of gloss black before I spray the real paintwork-and with a bright light on it so you can see the blue/purple hint to the Alclad Gunmetal. It's a nice change over just gloss black. I'll end up sanding this part again anyway (still needs work) but you can see the difference. I hope lol

The middle picture is the side i didn't spray as much.

Super Moderator
    Was talking w/ another modeler and realized maybe i should upgrade the cmil of the rods i'm using for pinning. So i went from 3/16" to 2mm rods. Much more supportive.

Much more sturdy. And another random shot of sharper detail.

Last edited by Squee; June 11, 2012 at 7:35 AM.

Administrator
    Very cool looking. It's head reminds me of Alien. Can't wait to see it with paint.