Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Chat!

Super Moderator

Forum Chat!

So. There have been many a conversation on getting an integrated chat system to the forums.
    This would allow free conversation of any topic at all without getting the forum in trouble, cluttering or derailing threads, and keeping personal matters be that of disagreements or so on away from the public eyes of new members.

For now, I advise you all to get a skype account if you do not already. I am setting up a chat for the forums, and will invite all peoples who share their screennames.

The chat will be open even if I am online, and anyone can talk at any time, with the hopes someone in the chat is online to talk to you.

My screen name is ProfessorVid or you can search Aidan David Aaron Mullins.

I honestly hope that this works out well.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Creating Skype account now. Unfortunately, my brother is in possession of my only mic. Sooooo no calls but you register me as AgentGundam.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I have a skype, my user name is H0lyHandGranade.

My Skype ID is gdx9902 =)

Super Moderator
    So far there are 6 members in the chat, including me. Sweet!

Super Moderator
    My name be squeams.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Screen name: GNzaku
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

duke4799, please add me!
    Until Next Time: Happy Building!
    -Joe
    Joe's Gunpla Blog
    My YouTube Channel
    Current Backlog: 189 kits
    Currently in progress: MG Nu Ver Ka, RG Justice, Other stuff...
    Recently Completed: MG Guntank.

Super Moderator
    So we have quite a hefty amount of members in the chat now! At any point in time that I will specifically be hosting a get together, moreso just a planned date, I will do so in advance on this thread!

I'll probably give 1-2 days in advance on what day we should all jump in and have fun! I'll be basing all times on the Eastern Seaboard timezone (what on earth ever the technical or official name for that is jeez).

The chat is constantly open, even if I am not online, so feel free to check in and see if anyone else is on. You can add the entire chat room as a contact. I just simply named said contact as "The Gundam Forums".

So. How about on Friday night we all have a lovely cybernetic bonfire!

Ok I’m new to this Skype stuff, and I want to join the chat, now I got it all registered (ZeonsRedComet since I made it for this) and I have the downloaded thing but it’s taking it’s sweet time installing, and I don’t think it’s doing a thing. Dose it just take an age, because it's going off of the internet to install it (which will take a fortnight with my net) or what, I tried the site and looked for The Gundam Fourms but nothing came up.

Any help would be nice. (Also what's the exact time for the Bonfire?

iwasledastray

I think I'm all set and ready to go.
    I was led astray by bad directions.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Ok Iím new to this Skype stuff, and I want to join the chat, now I got it all registered (ZeonsRedComet since I made it for this) and I have the downloaded thing but itís taking itís sweet time installing, and I donít think itís doing a thing. Dose it just take an age, because it's going off of the internet to install it (which will take a fortnight with my net) or what, I tried the site and looked for The Gundam Fourms but nothing came up.

Any help would be nice. (Also what's the exact time for the Bonfire?
    Don't worry about trying to look for the chat itself, I'll invite you in. Are you able to run skype and log in?

So a bit more official bits!

The Bonfire will start at 9 p.m. eastern. The west coast of the United States is 4 hours behind us so I am trying to settle out around here for an open time across the US.
    I will go ahead and add Skittles and ZRC. I hope to see everyone in the chat!

I'd like to join in, but I can't add "The Gundam Forums" as a contact because Skype is supposed to only allow usernames without spaces in them, so it doesn't show up in a contact search.

Please add me if it's not too late. My username is CKaiCydek.
    A cynic & a dreamer.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray View Post
    Don't worry about trying to look for the chat itself, I'll invite you in. Are you able to run skype and log in?

So a bit more official bits!

The Bonfire will start at 9 p.m. eastern. The west coast of the United States is 4 hours behind us so I am trying to settle out around here for an open time across the US.
    I will go ahead and add Skittles and ZRC. I hope to see everyone in the chat!
    I think we're only 3 hours behind you, I think.

I can run the site, but that little program it makes you download isnít wanting to install, unless it wants to take hours, which I donít want to take my self. So can I just find it all on the Skype website and chat there, or will that program need to install?

Administrator
    Must be nice to not work overnight, huh guys???!!