Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Sleeper Kits.. surprisingly good kits you wouldn't normally buy

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    Nice. It's on my list to get another to have one original, detailed, two tone astraea and the other a "supped" up version. I got the dark matter booster to slap on it and enough left over exia parts to play with to make a second set of elongated, more feral, arms for it.
    Heh heh:

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Two of the more underrated master grade kits have got to be the Acguy and Guntank, seriously if you guys haven't built both I'd highly recommend.

When I built both years ago, they exceeded my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Heh heh:

Well.... it looks like you beatb me to it lol.
    Back to the drawing boards.
    It's no offense, I just like my customs to be unique. Yours is probably too similar. Perhaps I can adapt it further lol.

Another kit, Zaku I black tri-star.
    It's ridiculously cheap, has good accessories, and a lot of potential. A bit dated on articulation though.

I agree on the astraea it was the original base for my valkary frame but I changed the design so much it got put into parts so I need another now and I would say the as sazabi is a good sleeper I was amazed with all the detail in it

see you later space cowboy

Well the HG Hazels variants are sleepers too.. they have double joint elbows for old kits and great accessories. You can also interchange parts between them!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    MG Gelgoog 2.0.
    THIS!

The 2.0 doesn't get as much love as one would think, when its got so much awesome detail in it.

For me, the most recent would be the RG Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatsu Mina ver. I built the RG red frame and it was a huge disappointment. Bought the Gold frame despite my initial disappointment, but i love this version so i bought it... and it was such a great build with a ton of gimmicks and little details in it!

Another is the MG Ball. In recent years, its finally gotten the praise it deserves, but when it was first released, alot were saying how it was a waste of a MG release. While it's a simple build, the attention to detail on the inner frame is fantastic, particularly if you paint and like to highlight all of it.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Has to be this little kit, the char's Zaku gashapon. OK I have painted it but its just so fun!

2017-07-01_07-12-17 by Brian Marshall, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    THIS!
    The 2.0 doesn't get as much love as one would think, when its got so much awesome detail in it.
    man I still need to get a Gelgoog, told myself I was gonna get one ASAP and I missed out while it was on sale

RG Amatsu Mina is a sleeper!

Super Moderator

^Not really imo. Has decent sales and pretty much everyone has praised it who builds it. Same for reviews on YT.

I'd say the HGUC Loto Twin Set. You don't see many builds on these little guys, and i remembering them not selling to well when released. They are somewhat partsformers, but they're transformable, have different weapon load outs, and you get 2 of them in a box for the price of a regular HG!

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

Oh the Lotos are great kits too! definitely sleepers, the backpack is an issue but it is easily over looked

I agree on the HGUC Hy-Gogg. That thing is a gorgeous kit. I wish they'd do a good, solid, MG release of the Hy-Gogg. Not one of those "so-over-engineered-a-NASA-think-tank-has-issues-with-it" monstrosities, but a decent, solid kit that's easy to build, not flimsy or frail, balances well, and has some interior details, like a well appointed cockpit and weapons bays. I'm trying to figure out how I can make a more multi-environmental unit out of it, say a Space/Ground/Sea type.
    I also have to say the older, ungraded, 1/144 kits deserve some recognition. I have the Sazabi, both Jagd Dogas, and 3 Gelgoog Jägers. They're amazing kits. Now, if my kids would leave me alone, I might be able to get one finished!
    Why do I prefer combat over social events? Simple: in combat, if you don't know what to do, you can always open fire. That tends to be frowned upon in social events.