• Gundam UC Episode 3

5 11.63%
  • Gundam UC Episode 4

8 18.60%
  • Gundam UC Episode 5

3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 6

4 9.30%
  • None. I hate Unicorn (and I'm a troll).

3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 7

6 13.95%
Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast
    Zeta-G

Official Gundam UC (Unicorn) Thread. WARNING SPOILERS!

Since it is the current ongoing Gundam OVA series, I thought it would be a good idea to have a discussion section for it. Please keep the discussion limited to the anime, and if you must discuss the novel use a spoiler tag, so you don't ruin the anime for people who haven't (or can't) read the book.

I thought the first episode was one of the finest episodes in all of Gundam. It handled introducing the characters and the story very well. The mobile suit battles were nothing short of spectacular; grunts actually survived for more than 2 seconds. Banagher's line towards the episode's end was simply epic. Cardeas Vist became one of my favorite characters in all of Gundam within the span of an episode.

The animation quality and music were superb, as were the character and mecha designs. The voice acting was excellent for both languages (the English dub was easily the best Gundam dub). There were numerous references to characters, mobile suits, ships, and events from other Universal Century series. All in all it is an extremely good entry into the Gundam metaseries and the Universal Century timeline in particular.

Please share your thoughts on the first and second episodes below, and we can discuss future episodes as they are released.

Edit: I've added a poll asking which is the best episode of the show. Please vote only for released episodes (1 & 2); it's set so that you can change your vote, if you decide to change your mind with later releases.

Mod Edit: Renamed and stickied thread.

Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn)

I wish there wasn't such a huge gap between episodes... I don't even remember what happened in the first one anymore...

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    I wish there wasn't such a huge gap between episodes... I don't even remember what happened in the first one anymore...
    It's an OVA. We're getting it as it's released in Japan. 08th MS Team took like 2 or 3 years to finish.
    I've seen Unicorn #1 at least 20 times already. I absolutely love it. Best first episode for any Gundam series that i've seen (which would be every Gundam released in the US, except for Igloo).

I watched Unicorn for the first time a few days ago. I had known about it for some time, but never really got around to watching it till then. I was blown away. Never in the Gundam series had I ever seen such flawless animation and story telling. I immediately loved all of the characters and mobile suit designs, especially Kshatriya.

Before I saw Kshatriya I was never really into the whole "huge mobile suit/armor" look, but Kshatriya is amazing. SD Kshatriya FTW!! [attachment=0:2njxexll]kshatriya.jpg[/attachment:2njxexll]
    The ReZel was totally epic, and I loved the color scheme. The Stark Jegen was awesome, and Unicorn just kicks ass. The only one I didn't like was the Zulu, but its more than made up for with the other mobile suits designs.

As for the story I love how fast paced it is. I never felt like there was a slow moment and it felt really involved. All of the characters were introduced well, and not a single one was your standard cookie cutter character. Banagher Links made it onto my top 5 favorite pilot list withing 5 mins. He's a very likable character and isn't all whiny and annoying. Not to mention he doesn't have an unsuitable name like Kamille.

Over all I really am enjoying Unicorn and I've watched it at least 6 or 7 times, and I really want to get the 1/144 hguc kits from it.
    Attached Images
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G

[quote="GNzaku0023". . . Over all I really am enjoying Unicorn and I've watched it at least 6 or 7 times, and I really want to get the 1/144 hguc kits from it.[/quote]
    I have the HGUC Kshatriya and ReZEL (standard type). Both are awesome kits. Kshatriya dwarfs pretty much all other HGs; the box is the size of MG Nu Gundam's.

Zeta-G

Holy mother of God, Unicorn episode 2 managed to be better than episode 1. Full Frontal's face was shown, the Delta Plus got a cameo, the Feddies were revealed for the oppressive, manipulative pricks they really are, ECOAS was badass, Marida took down the Unicorn, and Audrey was officially outed as Mineva Zabi. The fight choreography was spectacular of course. Full Frontal, Marida, Angelo, Riddhe, and Daguza all got some really good moments/lines (especially Marida & FF). There were naturally a bazillion and one references to previous UC shows (including Gihren and the Black Tri-Stars).

Episode 2 is available for rent, subbed, on the PSN now (Sorry 360 only users; no, wait, I'm not sorry ). It'll be released on Blu-Ray Nov. 12.

Damnit I can't wait for episode 3 now... It's gonna be a long few months...

Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

Oh man, oh man, OH MAN!!!! I HAVE TO SEE THIS NOW!!!!!!!
    check me out on tumblr!!

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    Oh man, oh man, OH MAN!!!! I HAVE TO SEE THIS NOW!!!!!!!
    15 years of AUs was worth it for Unicorn. Seriously, the show just encapsulates everything that makes the tale of the Universal Century such a grand one. I think Fukui (the novelist who wrote Unicorn) and the Gundam UC team that adapted his work should just take over making Gundam shows. No offense to the Cosmic Era or 00 teams, but they really can't touch Unicorn. I watched episode 1, then 2, then I repeated 2 immediately, and I'm contemplating a third run for it. Oh and there's a teaser pic for episode 3 out on the net (mechatalk had this link http://d.imagehost.org/view/0914/1288412796420); Unicorn and Kshatriya look to be fighting; also naked newtype psychic land has a reappearance in the teaser pic. Sadly it confirms episode three won't be out until March (presumably the Japanese theater showing/advanced Blu-Ray release and PSN rental release will be at the end of February, like episode 1; hopefully PS3 owners in the US will get it at the same time as Japan again. sadly for 360 users, M$ cares more about Facebook and ESPN).

I set my PS3 to download this morning.
    I went to work, with nothing but Unicorn on my mind.
    I came home.
    I watched Unicorn.
    MOST AWESOME END TO A DAY EVER.

I wish to discuss it further, but... SPOILERS!
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

Nothing will be able to touch Unicorn, that is unless it totally bombs out on episode 3, but I highly doubt it. Unicorn is so amazing and perfect. I can't wait to see how all of the characters develop.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    I set my PS3 to download this morning.
    I went to work, with nothing but Unicorn on my mind.
    I came home.
    I watched Unicorn.
    MOST AWESOME END TO A DAY EVER.

I wish to discuss it further, but... SPOILERS!
    This thread has notice for spoilers; anyone coming here knows that, so spoil away.
    I'm hoping that the Banshee will be teased at the end of episode 3. I really need to buy some HGUC Unicorn kits now... DAMNIT! Where are you, when I need you GSAM?
    One more thing, the crew said in an interview with a Japanese magazine (mechatalk has a link somewhere in the unicorn thread) that Bright Noa will make an appearance in episode 4; I wonder if it'll be a non-speaking role... (the Japanese VA for Bright died of lung cancer shortly after the Zeta films). Can't wait to find out. Bandai Is evil making us wait this long (they just want to drag out the window for hyping Unicorn Gunpla as long as possible; their evil plan is working too)...
    The unicorn Gunpla campaign better end with Unicorn and Banshee Perfect Grades with light up psycho frames....
    I hereby dub myself, Gundam Forum's Unicorn Groupie #1. Who will join me?

I was just thinking about the Banshee. Dragging Unicorn out is like torture, but I'm sure it racks in all kinds of money for Bandai. They just have to keep the merch coming!
    As for Bright, I'd be curious to see if they didn't just find someone that sounded similar? I guess I just can't picture a silent Bright... unless he's basically just around to watch.
    Anyway, I guarantee that when ECOAS storm Palau that family with their SIEGZEON kid that Banagher ate with are gonna get messed up.

Zeta-G

I was just thinking about the Banshee. Dragging Unicorn out is like torture, but I'm sure it racks in all kinds of money for Bandai. They just have to keep the merch coming!
    As for Bright, I'd be curious to see if they didn't just find someone that sounded similar? I guess I just can't picture a silent Bright... unless he's basically just around to watch.
    Anyway, I guarantee that when ECOAS storm Palau that family with their SIEGZEON kid that Banagher ate with are gonna get messed up.
    It's the Universal Century. Nice things never happen to people (for long at least). So fitting that the UC began with bloodshed.
    As for Bright, Vist's manservant mentioned that Bright was the commander of Londenium in episode one, so I imagine it'll just be a cameo or similarly limited role.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    It's the Universal Century. Nice things never happen to people (for long at least). So fitting that the UC began with bloodshed.
    As for Bright, Vist's manservant mentioned that Bright was the commander of Londenium in episode one, so I imagine it'll just be a cameo or similarly limited role.

It's even better after their talk about war.
    I don't even remember that. ._. Someone needs to go back and watch the first episode...

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G

It's even better after their talk about war.
    I don't even remember that. ._. Someone needs to go back and watch the first episode...
    I've watched it like 30 times and can speak in time with the dub. I love UC1, so when I say UC2 Is better, I want people to understand that I mean it.

Is anyone else planning a six hour Unicorn marathon when episode 6 is released?
    I'm watching episode 2 again. I'm watching it for those of you, who can't (due to being stuck on a 360 :P )