• Gundam UC Episode 3

5 11.63%
  • Gundam UC Episode 4

8 18.60%
  • Gundam UC Episode 5

3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 6

4 9.30%
  • None. I hate Unicorn (and I'm a troll).

3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 7

6 13.95%
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

Just checking, but understandable. I haven't even seen the manga actually. Maybe they just don't have it at the Borders in my city. Granted all I keep seeing is books, and I'd assume it be a Manga and not a Novel.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    Just checking, but understandable. I haven't even seen the manga actually. Maybe they just don't have it at the Borders in my city. Granted all I keep seeing is books, and I'd assume it be a Manga and not a Novel.
    Unicorn was originally written as a light novel. An anime and a manga series or two have been created based upon the light novel series. So far, only the anime has had an official English/American release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Some of us actually buy the blu-rays, so the time lag is negligible.

As for the side comment, I have been in other forums before (since I was a youngling and "fast" Internet was 33k dialup), which is why I said that I don't mind minor deviations. I just made the comment to remind people that this is the thread about the anime, not the books; others can create topics for the books. A little bit of Gunpla discussion (as it relates to the anime) in this thread is fine. Again, I just decided to remind people of the main topic, before the conversation veered too far off course, since a lot of topics have been diverted lately; what has been written in this particular thread so far has been fine.

I don't think that's what he meant. Yes, the people that buy the blu-rays and even the people that download it can watch it as often as they want. But it still doesn't change the fact that there are months between episodes. If they keep this schedule, we won't see the conclusion for at least a year and a half. So voting on your favorite episode based on the two that have been released isn't something everyone will do.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    The first episode was phenomenal. I loved that one Grunt that goes all out against Kshatriya and puts up quite an epic fight. Another thing is just how well Banagher actually fights. I can't recall how many other pilots openly start whooping ass before actually getting in to their gundam.
    I think Banagher's fighting skill is partially due to the Unicorn's NT-D. But I loooooved his launch sequence in the first episode. As well as the "We'll flank him! Climb!" in the second. Scenes like that make me giddy. :3
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    I don't think that's what he meant. Yes, the people that buy the blu-rays and even the people that download it can watch it as often as they want. But it still doesn't change the fact that there are months between episodes. If they keep this schedule, we won't see the conclusion for at least a year and a half. So voting on your favorite episode based on the two that have been released isn't something everyone will do.
    Which is why I noted that the poll permits you to change your vote. I considered having one for only 1 vs 2, but I decided to keep it open for future episodes, since changing it later would reset the votes.

Super Moderator

So, just watched the second episode. Sometimes I hate streaming sites. My graphics card is terrible.

Anyway, so Sinanju AND Kshatriya vs Unicorn...that didn't look good. Then it was nothing but a capture mission. Still, Full Frontal and Banagher having tea together was interesting. I think Banagher needs to stop being such a punching bag though.

Good episode, however I still want to see what the next one is going to look like.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro

Watched the second episode with a friend on his PS3.......Mind=Blown.

Unicorn has yet to fail in it's awesomeness. So far, it has got to be the best mobile suit side story ever to be released. I love how each character is being developed, and the animation has remained as crisp and fluid as ever. The space battle was intense, and after seeing the Sinanju in action, I have got to get one of the kits. (Also, still waiting to get kshatriya)

I am now patiently awaiting the DVD/Blu Ray Release and even more patiently for the 3rd installment.
    check me out on tumblr!!
    http://dogblu.tumblr.com/

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    Watched the second episode with a friend on his PS3.......Mind=Blown.

Unicorn has yet to fail in it's awesomeness. So far, it has got to be the best mobile suit side story ever to be released. I love how each character is being developed, and the animation has remained as crisp and fluid as ever. The space battle was intense, and after seeing the Sinanju in action, I have got to get one of the kits. (Also, still waiting to get kshatriya)

I am now patiently awaiting the DVD/Blu Ray Release and even more patiently for the 3rd installment.
    There's an interview with the English director (and VA for Angelo) on Right Stuf's Anime Today Podcast #118. It's mostly about his pre-Unicorn work but he does throw in some tidbits about Unicorn towards the end (I think it must have been recorded before Unicorn episode 1's release, given the way the conversation went). Towards the end, they allowed him to talk about his upcoming/ongoing projects, and he went into full on excited mode and started talking about Unicorn; among other things, he said that both he (and an unnamed Japanese producer) were commenting to each each other about how special they realized Unicorn was going to be.

Super Moderator

I like how, after all that's happened since, Zeon grunt army officers (guards at Frontal's door) still all look exactly as they did when Amuro was just a doe-eyed slacker.
    ON TWITTER @TimberNewtype

"Through destruction, new destruction begins"

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by squeam
    I like how, after all that's happened since, Zeon grunt army officers (guards at Frontal's door) still all look exactly as they did when Amuro was just a doe-eyed slacker.
    One of the innumerable little references to previous shows.

Even though I have not watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam (I started but just could not stand the animation any longer PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUNDAM G.O.D!!!!!!!!) I have done more than my fair share of Gundam story research and know the entire story line. I love how much they reference all of the old tidbits of nostalgia, but I've noticed more than anything else they play off of Zeta and ZZ. I wouldn't be surprised if Kamille Bidan makes some kind of Cameo, or any of the other characters from Zeta and ZZ.
    check me out on tumblr!!

You cannot stop Batman. Entire planets have tried. When Batman crosses railroad tracks, the warning lights are for the train's safety. The four fundamental interactions in physics are gravity, electromagnetism, weak nuclear force and Batman getting what he wants.

Zeta-G

Quote Originally Posted by GNzaku0023
    Even though I have not watched the original Mobile Suit Gundam (I started but just could not stand the animation any longer PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUNDAM G.O.D!!!!!!!!) I have done more than my fair share of Gundam story research and know the entire story line. I love how much they reference all of the old tidbits of nostalgia, but I've noticed more than anything else they play off of Zeta and ZZ. I wouldn't be surprised if Kamille Bidan makes some kind of Cameo, or any of the other characters from Zeta and ZZ.
    There's quite a few references to First, Zeta, and ZZ throughout the two episodes that are out. (CCA ought to be getting a few more soon enough).

Indeed. I just wish instead of a mask they gave him quattro's sunglasses. lol Full Frontal in sun glasses.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Zeta-G

My Blu-Ray just arrived a few hours ago. The dub is just as good as the previous episode's. There's also a preview of episode 3 on BD-Live.

Nice man. I can't wait to pick up my copy.
    My Zeta DVDs came in a few days ago. Have watched the entire series. Loved it.

Anyways back on topic. I loved the use of Bar/Restaurant/Movie signs to portray foreshadows and prods at Gundam history.

"Black Three Stars" - I see what you did there Unicorn. Well done.
    check me out on tumblr!!

Zeta-G

Not that I would ever (dierectly) tell Bandai this, but as good as Unicorn is, I would actually be willing to pay traditional Japanese Blu-Ray prices (~$80) for it.