Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

View Poll Results: Best Unicorn episode

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gundam UC Episode 1

    9 20.93%
  • Gundam UC Episode 2

    5 11.63%
  • Gundam UC Episode 3

    5 11.63%
  • Gundam UC Episode 4

    8 18.60%
  • Gundam UC Episode 5

    3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 6

    4 9.30%
  • None. I hate Unicorn (and I'm a troll).

    3 6.98%
  • Gundam UC Episode 7

    6 13.95%
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 535
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    206

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Is anyone else planning a six hour Unicorn marathon when episode 6 is released?
    6 hour marathon with themed sugar cookies, milk and strawberry milk (unicorn and sinanju, respectively), and a brand new surround sound system to be returned the next day.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

  2. #17
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Is anyone else planning a six hour Unicorn marathon when episode 6 is released?
    6 hour marathon with themed sugar cookies, milk and strawberry milk (unicorn and sinanju, respectively), and a brand new surround sound system to be returned the next day.
    You don't have surround sound? (Wo?)Man, Unicorn is even more epic with the 5.1...

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    206

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    You don't have surround sound? (Wo?)Man, Unicorn is even more epic with the 5.1...
    I did... till I moved. I'll buy myself another one eventually. I might just get a sound bar to get by... tv speakers are terrible.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

  4. #19
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    You don't have surround sound? (Wo?)Man, Unicorn is even more epic with the 5.1...
    I did... till I moved. I'll buy myself another one eventually. I might just get a sound bar to get by... tv speakers are terrible.
    No kidding. I haven't been able to watch Gundam without booming audio, since I saw the Zeta trilogy at the Chicago International Film Festival. They are ~60ft tall robots fighting; it makes sense for the walls to shake during combat...

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    206

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    No kidding. I haven't been able to watch Gundam without booming audio, since I saw the Zeta trilogy at the Chicago International Film Festival. They are ~60ft tall robots fighting; it makes sense for the walls to shake during combat...
    If your neighbors DONT call the cops on you during the final fight scene because it feels like the house is going to collapse, then you aren't hardcore enough.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

  6. #21
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    I think Unicorn's hour long format should be adopted for Gundam series going forward. That's the standard length of a Drama (in the US at least), and I think Unicorn shows that it really helps with the quality (and especially the pacing). I don't care if they knocked the episode count for a series down to 25, if thegerman were hour long episodes.

  7. #22
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    UC reference, you say?

    [attachment=0:gi88bej7]1263316260174.jpg[/attachment:gi88bej7]
    Attached Images

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    206

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk
    UC reference, you say?

    [attachment=0:3mb4fizo]1263316260174.jpg[/attachment:3mb4fizo]

    D:
    That is beautiful.



    Back to the episode, as I'm rewatching it, Banagher's obsession with "Audrey" is a little much. I get what he's going for but at times it seems a little over the top.
    No joke is appropriate. Thatís why itís a joke.

  9. #24
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by NanoSpore
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk
    UC reference, you say?

    [attachment=0:2yczqav0]1263316260174.jpg[/attachment:2yczqav0]

    D:
    That is beautiful.



    Back to the episode, as I'm rewatching it, Banagher's obsession with "Audrey" is a little much. I get what he's going for but at times it seems a little over the top.
    He's a Newtype; it's one of those things that they do.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Side 5, or the remains of it.
    Posts
    240

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    My good lord that is a gorgeous color scheme. Very well done.
    (My brother and I watching 00)
    ZeonPeon: Why are the canisters on his knees? Why not on his back?
    SilverFrameAstray: Because, you can get shot in the back.
    ZeonPeon: YOU CAN GET SHOT IN THE KNEES!
    Then, laughter was had.

  11. #26
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by ZeonPeon
    My good lord that is a gorgeous color scheme. Very well done.
    It looks nice, but a little to Strike/astray-like for my tastes. Please remember that this thread is about Gundam UC (as in the anime).

  12. #27
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,235

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Hence the Unicorn painted like the Nu Gundam.

  13. #28
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk
    Hence the Unicorn painted like the Nu Gundam.
    Gundam UC is the official title for the Unicorn anime; the title refers to that, not UC as in shorthand for Universal Century. I'm aware that the paintjob is intended to look like Nu Gundam. I don't mind minor (as in a few posts long) side discussions related to the main topic, but I don't want the thread being hijacked (like what happened to another thread on this forum with 4chan nonsense).
    Back to the main topic.
    I just found the release date information for episode 3 over at Cosmic-Era (http://news.cosmic-era.com/?lang=en).
    Japanese theater/advanced blu ray/PSN release is March 5th, 2011. General Blu Ray release date is March 18th, 2011.

  14. #29
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Shattered remains of Solomon
    Posts
    1,957

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk
    Hence the Unicorn painted like the Nu Gundam.
    Gundam UC is the official title for the Unicorn anime; the title refers to that, not UC as in shorthand for Universal Century. I'm aware that the paintjob is intended to look like Nu Gundam. I don't mind minor (as in a few posts long) side discussions related to the main topic, but I don't want the thread being hijacked (like what happened to another thread on this forum with 4chan nonsense).
    Zeta, mate, regardless of the color scheme, it's Unicorn. The topic remains. No threads have been derailed on the forums. 4chan has been referenced, not the thread has turned into a 4chan thread. All discussions remain the same. You cannot expect a thread to be strictly of the topic without any other discussion being lightly in it. I do hope you have been on a forum prior to this one.

    Anyways. I have been watching UC in my audio setup, which I believe is quite nice (One Sub, two speakers, two monitors on the walls). It gets pretty loud, and that Haro bit in the first episode still pisses off everyone in the house.

    I almost feel as if a poll is a bit unnecessary. The time between the first and second episode was quite lengthy, and may be universal towards later episodes, so this poll will be open for an extremely long time (possibly).

    The first episode was phenomenal. I loved that one Grunt that goes all out against Kshatriya and puts up quite an epic fight. Another thing is just how well Banagher actually fights. I can't recall how many other pilots openly start whooping ass before actually getting in to their gundam.
    YOU JUST MAD CUZ ANGELO BE STYLIN ON YOU, Also OlNems is a bro


  15. #30
    Zeta-G
    Guest

    Re: Thoughts on Gundam UC (Unicorn). WARNING MASSIVE SPOILER

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFrameAstray
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G
    Quote Originally Posted by Asterisk
    Hence the Unicorn painted like the Nu Gundam.
    Gundam UC is the official title for the Unicorn anime; the title refers to that, not UC as in shorthand for Universal Century. I'm aware that the paintjob is intended to look like Nu Gundam. I don't mind minor (as in a few posts long) side discussions related to the main topic, but I don't want the thread being hijacked (like what happened to another thread on this forum with 4chan nonsense).
    Zeta, mate, regardless of the color scheme, it's Unicorn. The topic remains. No threads have been derailed on the forums. 4chan has been referenced, not the thread has turned into a 4chan thread. All discussions remain the same. You cannot expect a thread to be strictly of the topic without any other discussion being lightly in it. I do hope you have been on a forum prior to this one.

    Anyways. I have been watching UC in my audio setup, which I believe is quite nice (One Sub, two speakers, two monitors on the walls). It gets pretty loud, and that Haro bit in the first episode still pisses off everyone in the house.

    I almost feel as if a poll is a bit unnecessary. The time between the first and second episode was quite lengthy, and may be universal towards later episodes, so this poll will be open for an extremely long time (possibly).

    The first episode was phenomenal. I loved that one Grunt that goes all out against Kshatriya and puts up quite an epic fight. Another thing is just how well Banagher actually fights. I can't recall how many other pilots openly start whooping ass before actually getting in to their gundam.
    Some of us actually buy the blu-rays, so the time lag is negligible.

    As for the side comment, I have been in other forums before (since I was a youngling and "fast" Internet was 33k dialup), which is why I said that I don't mind minor deviations. I just made the comment to remind people that this is the thread about the anime, not the books; others can create topics for the books. A little bit of Gunpla discussion (as it relates to the anime) in this thread is fine. Again, I just decided to remind people of the main topic, before the conversation veered too far off course, since a lot of topics have been diverted lately; what has been written in this particular thread so far has been fine.


 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •