Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Just how would one convert a Gelgoog - A or S to the Gelgoog-F or Marine

I've wanted a 1/100 Scale Gelgoog Marine ever since I saw 0083 for the first time. Has anyone here ever thought of converting or actually did convert the MG Gelgoog A or S kits (old or 2.0 Versions) to the Marine??? I have an old Gelgoog-A kit in the stash that I was going to use for the Gelgoog Jager conversion parts set I have but I would put that on the back burner "forever" if I could find a way to make the Marine Version.

Gelgoog A to F.jpg

Re: Just how would one convert a Gelgoog - A or S to the Gelgoog-F or Marine

At one point bandai produced a B-club Cima Gelgoog Marine
    conversion kit for the MG Gelgoog 1.0. As far as I know. E2046 don't have a recast of that kit. How they do carry a recast om the MG Gelgoog Jager kit. The marine and jager are vaer similar in design minus some cosmetic changes. You could look for a Jager conversion and modify that, or you have to start from scratch.

Hello Rxslinger

You mean this kit from B-Club;

It does look nice but the chest of the kit is a bit out there, probably because its a commanders version. I think I like the lines of the Grunt Suit a tad better;

That being said I feel that my work would be focused on the Grunt and not the Officer and/or Cima version. As I mentioned I have one of those Jager Conversion kits but I didn't even look at how similar the Jager is to the Marine. I just took a quick glance and the Chest, Lower Waist, Feet and Backpack are the main Stand-outs in a quick look. There might be some possibilities with using the conversion kit. Thank You!!!
    Last edited by DarKev3; May 31, 2019 at 3:19 PM.

Yes that's kit i was talking about. I agree the chest is off. After comparing the various Gelgoog kits i realized i was wrong and the Gelgoog Marine commander has a chest similar to the Gelgoog Jager, while the standard Gelgoog Marine has a similar chest, waist legs and feet to the Gelgoog A. It looks like the only part the Gelgoog Marine may share with the Jager is the arms and slightly modified shoulders. I think it would be fairly easy to build your own Gelgoog Marine like this one.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/scal...ine-t3003.html

Hey Rxslinger

Thank You for the info ESPECIALLY the link to Gato's Gelgoog Marine; that's the kind of "mod" I would like to do. I built the HGUC Grunt Marine but As I indicated I want one in 1/100 scale. Speaking about the HG kit, it's a nice kit but it seems a bit off in its proportions almost as if its been on a bit of a diet when compared to the drawings and some kits I have seen over the years.

MS-14F_Gelgoog_Marine.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

s-l300.jpg
    Last edited by DarKev3; June 1, 2019 at 5:44 PM.

Your welcome. When I saw this thread I remembered seeing that Gelgoog Marine in the link I posted years ago. I'm honestly surprised I even found that link considering the site which I originally saw it on is long gone now. I understand where your coming from. I prefer 1/100 over 1/144 scale and like you I want a 1/100 gelgoog Marine. I want to build one out of the 2.0 Gelgoog because it has bulkier proportions compared to the 1.0.

It does??? I thought it was the same or slimmer. My preference for the 1.0 centers around those above skirt thrusters which I have always found rather cool but of course probably not that Anime Accurate.

Update a quick run to dalong and we have a side by side 1.0 on the left 2.0 on the right.

s_m107_56.jpg

More detail of course and a bit broader and taller (???).
    Last edited by DarKev3; June 1, 2019 at 5:57 PM.

I like the rear skirt thrusters on the 1.0 Gelgoog A also.

Yes the 2.0 does have more details and is a little bit bulkier than the 1.0. It's a nice kit.