Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thought I'd pop back in...

Hello all. So I've been a member since March 2015, but thought I'd post back in here as I haven't been around since June 2015! I had finished the MS part of my GAT-X102 Duel Assaultshroud (as linked in my sig), but then due to various life commitments etc, I never continued building the shield or all the Assaultshroud components. I didn't actually realise it had been that long since I stopped building until I came back to the forum. But I guess that's how family life gets sometimes.

Anywho, I am back and intending to stay for a while. I'm motivated by the fact that I turned 40 earlier in the week, and the main gift from the better half was an Amazon gift voucher specifically to be spent on me. After a few days of deliberation on what to spend this on I decided Gundam building should be back on.

Ever since I built my first Deathscythe Hell some 18 odd years ago, and got into researching this amazing world of Gundam that I had never heard of before, I have dreamed of building a Perfect Grade. But unfortunately, even turning 40 doesn't allow for that kind of budget on a model .

But probably just as good build wise, I have 2 MG's on their way from Japan instead . I ordered the GAT-X105E Strike Noir kit, and the MBF-P02Kai Astray Red Frame Kai. The Astray I'm particularly excited about as it looks amazing, though I would have loved to build that one in PG form. Still, there's always turning 50 I suppose, to hope for an even bigger gift voucher!

These should keep me occupied for some time, but my first job last night was sorting paints out so I can finish the Assaultshroud while I wait for them to arrive. I'll get my build thread updated.

Anyway, enough waffling from me. Its good to be back, both building and on the forum, I remember a lot of good people always willing to help with advice where needed. Fingers crossed I'm able to get all 3 kits finished before my next unscheduled hiatus.
    Currently working on an MG GAT-X105E Strike Noir, to add to the collection below. See my progress here.

Administrator

Re: Thought I'd pop back in...

Welcome back man. The Red Frame Kai is a good kit. You'll like it.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Re: Thought I'd pop back in...

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    Welcome back man. The Red Frame Kai is a good kit. You'll like it.
    Thanks man. Yeah I'm excited about the Red Frame, I've wanted it for a while.
    Currently working on an MG GAT-X105E Strike Noir, to add to the collection below. See my progress here.