Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thread: Gundam Beyond

Gundam Beyond

One of the more curious things announced in the Gundam 40th anniversary livestream was a brand new project called "Gundam Beyond".

This project's concept is "BEYOND", which means "to go beyond all things."The "Gundam series" has been expanding for 40 years now, the number of works have been increasing, the fans generations and countries, their tastes have also diversified. Beyond the frame of the individual works of Gundam, beyond borders, beyond generations, to approach a wide variety of people, those are the thoughts put into this.

The project logo is imagined as an expression of "An encounter with an unknown Gundam, and that encounter will form a new link and create a moebius." Simultaneously, the "Gundam series" is represented by an impressive scene of "sunlight peeking in over the earth" as a motif.

The four different key visuals released this time as a collaboration with each other are "Mobile Suit Gundam" and "Mobile Suit Gundam UC", "Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-blooded Orphans" and "Mobile Suit Gundam 00", "Mobile Suit Gundam Wing" and "Mobile Suit Z Gundam", and "Gundam Reconguista in G" and "Mobile Suit Gundam THE ORIGIN". Based on the project's concept of "BEYOND", it goes beyond the frame of each work, and a world where they could coexist together is depicted.
    40th_KV_blue.jpg 40th_KV_yellow.jpg 40th_KV_red.jpg 40th_KV_white.jpg

As you can see, in the first poster we have Banagher Links with Amuro and the RX-78-02 reflected in his visor. The second poster has a POV shot of Setsuna F Seiei giving a flower to Mikazuki Augus and the Gundam Barbatos. The third has Kamille Bidan standing above Heero Yuy and the Wing Gundam. Lastly we have Bellri Zenam on his space hopper thing passing by Casval and Artesia with the G-Self in the water's reflection.

What do you guys think about all this?

Re: Gundam Beyond

Oh great.... Turn A 2.0.... Coming Soon.....

And wasn't there a video game series, on the PS2 depicting similar, called Another Century's Episode. (owns them)
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I am cautiously optimistic.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

So this is kind of like a Gundam soup? So much teenager angst in one location! But sounds kind of cool to me, but I'm weird like that. So I will just sit back and watch the "traditionalist Fan Boys" scream about change, and eat my popcorn.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

I have a feeling those posters are just "what if" scenarios that won't actually pan out into series or movies.

Then again, Kamen Rider's done this kind of multiverse-crossing more than once...
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Wait it's actually an animation project?

Because with the way it was always shown with the violinist and his rendition of Fly Gundam, I assumed it was just a concept album.

Then again, that's my fault for watching a stream without knowing Japanese.

Well it certainly has my attention. Might as well do it since they have all these iconic settings and characters. Guessing this would work as a series of shorts?
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Wait it's actually an animation project?
    At the moment it's just a bunch of "Key Visuals" made for the 40th Anniversary with no word on whether they'll go beyond (pun intended) that.

But given Sunrise/Bandai love money then I suspect if fan interest is high enough then they'll probably do something with it.