Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IBO Project

New IBO Project

Couldn't find a suitable thread to post this so I thought I'd create a new one.

https://twitter.com/g_tekketsu/status/1048543685191716864

The IBO twitter has teased that a new project was in the works previously, but now they've made an official tweet of a mysterious Mobile Suit with the caption "Announcement coming Soon! Thank you for your patience."

So...anyone else thinking new anime? I'd be curious to hear what you guys would want from another story set within the Post-Disaster timeline.

Re: New IBO Project

I'm really hoping it's a new anime. Series or movie is fine. Just not a compilation movie, please... I'm fine with that I guess, but I want more new story from that world because it's the first new gundam timeline to really capture my imagination the way the UC does.

Looks like they're planning to unveil this new project on January 6th!

It'll be during an anniversary event in which the VAs for Orga, Mikazuki and Eugene will be present.

"Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans: Urđr-Hunt" has been revealed. Details are scarce but it appears to be some sort of spin-off mobile game created by Bandai Namco.

From what we know of the plot, it's set during P.D 323 during Season 1 of IBO, takes place on a Venus Colony. Main character's name is something like Wisteria Afam and although the Gundam's name hasn't been revealed, we got a glimpse of its Sigil and people are saying it looks identical to Marchosias's sigil.
    Last edited by Ronové; January 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

Administrator

Was really hoping for another season or a new show of some kind. But, all I'm hoping for now is that we get some new kits from this game.

But hell, they will probably be P-Bandai.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    But hell, they will probably be P-Bandai.
    Hmm...I suspect they'll make the Gundams regular releases at least, just like they did with the IBO Gekko manga.

Also, there will be some sort of animated material that ties into the game, but I wouldn't get too hyped as it'll probably be an OVA not a full TV series.

IBO twitter posted another artwork of a mobile suit for "Urđr-Hunt". This one is the Schwalbe lookalike that can be seen at around the 51st second mark of the PV that I posted previously.

Looks pretty cool.

^ Those guns look amazing!

Since the trailer for Urđr Hunt reached 2 million views, the IBO twitter graced us with yet another design.

This time it's the Hugo variant that suspiciously looks like a Tallgeese for some reason.

There hasn't been any groundbreaking new updates, but since the official website has been slowly filled out with details on the plot, characters and most importantly future gunp- er, I mean mobile suits. I figured I'd just summarise everything we know so far.

We still don't have a release date, but "Urdr-Hunt" will be a mobile game available for iOS and Android.

Quote Originally Posted by The Plot is as Follows
    It is the year P.D. 323. Gjallarhorn's political interference in Arbrau escalated into an armed conflict and came to an end thanks to Tekkadan. News of Tekkadan's exploits has also reached the ears of Wistario Afam, a young man born and raised at the Radonitsa Colony near Venus. Venus, which lost to Mars in the initial contest for colony development, is a remote planet in which the four economic blocs have little interest. It is now used as a penal colony for criminals, whose inhabitants don't even have IDs.

Wistario, who hopes to change the status quo of his homeland, encounters a girl who claims to be the guide to the "Urdr-Hunt".

Next up is the cast list:
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanisations are unofficial and subject to change
    Wisterio Afam - A boy born and raised in the Radonitsa Colony floating above Venus. His parents died early in his childhood, and he inherited the vestiges of the colony management company Afam Equipment. He is the pilot of the Gundam Hajiroboshi.
    Demunah Kitako Jr. - A man who served as a teacher and caretaker since Wistario's birth. He looks strict and severe at first glance, but ultimately has a strong tendency to pamper Wistario. For many years, he has been secretly maintaining the Gundam Hajiroboshi at the behest of his late grandfather.
    Korunaru Kousa - A mysterious girl who appeared before Wistario, claiming to be the guide to the Urdr-Hunt. In addition to her proper and polite manners, she speaks with a calm tone that belies her apparent age. As she rarely changes her expression, it is hard to get a read on her. She like brewing tea.
    Renji Dabrisko - A young Mobile Suit pilot for the Omden Colony Company. At the company's orders, he is involved with the Urdr-Hunt and visits the Venus' Radonitsa Colony. He pilots the Enzo.
    Cyclase Mayer - A former Gjallarhorn officer, he killed his superior and escaped. Utilizing the Schwalbe Graze he stole during his escape, he now works as a hitman for the Omden Colony Company. He pilots the Schwalbe Custom.

Lastly is the Mobile Suits revealed so far.

ASW-G-35 Gundam Hajiroboshi - A Gundam Frame mobile suit hidden in the power station of the Radonitsa Colony. For years, it has been secretly maintained by Demunah Kitako Jr. at the bequest of his late grandfather. When the colony is attacked by unknown mobile suits, Wistario boards the Hajiroboshi and awakens it from its long slumber. (TL/N - "Hajiroboshi" roughly means "Edge of the White Star".)
    UGY-R38 Spinner Rodi (Renji Corps) - A mobile suit commonly used by many organisations in various different regions. It is also used for other civil engineering works as well as security purposes in many industrial colonies, and thus its parts are widely circulated. (Originally appeared in Amida's flashback during IBO S1 where she piloted it.)
    AEB-06L Hloekk Graze (Venus Type) - Developed after the battle of Edmonton, this exported orientated mobile suit was created by Gjallarhorn to meet the demands of the four economic blocs that were seeking to secure their defensive capabilities. Also sold to civilians, the Hloekk Graze is a low cost version of the EB-06 Graze and is smaller than standard mobile suits due to the use of a simplified Graze Frame. However, this adversely affected its performance, causing it to be inferior to the Graze. Its weapons are also simplified version of the Graze's. (Originally seen towards the end of IBO S2.)
    Enzo - The Mobile Suit belonging to Renji. With the majority of the Hexa Frame using mobile suits being lightly armored, this is a rare machine where the focus is on armor strength. A triple lock breaker is stored on its backpack. (The Enzo appears to be a heavily modified "Hugo" from IBO S1, even possessing the same "Hexa Frame".)
    Schwalbe Custom
    - As Cyclase Mayer escaped from Gjallarhorn, he stole a EB-05s Schwalbe Graze and subsequently customized it for his own use. A booster unit is added to the rear waist, improving its mobility. The MS is designed to be simple with no excessive armament.

- - - Updated - - -

Lastly, if it is possible. Could someone change the title of this thread please to "Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Urdr-Hunt".

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

By Game, you mean this is going to be a "Fighter -v- Fighter" game. But on a mobile phone, which means pay to win so this could get very expensive.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    By Game, you mean this is going to be a "Fighter -v- Fighter" game. But on a mobile phone, which means pay to win so this could get very expensive.
    We have yet to actually see any gameplay as of right now, so I'm reserving judgement until we can see more.

Let me spoil it for you guys: it'll be a low quality, micro-transaction filled game designed to exploit/profit off of the player's innate human psychological weaknesses because that type of game would both perfectly fit in with the ruthlessly mercantile spirit/message of the source material as well as the highly lucrative business model used by most mobile games.
    Sieg Zeon!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    Let me spoil it for you guys: it'll be a low quality, micro-transaction filled game designed to exploit/profit off of the player's innate human psychological weaknesses because that type of game would both perfectly fit in with the ruthlessly mercantile spirit/message of the source material as well as the highly lucrative business model used by most mobile games.
    That is what I said, only with out all the excessively unneeded wording. Simply put, Pay to win.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/