Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Question Will the application of Super Glue help Stickers stick better to models?

So, I want to apply stickers to an HGUC Gundam, and I want to apply super glue where I want to apply the sticker due to concerns of it peeling off over time. Is this a good idea, especially when applying stickers to a curved surface? The reason I ask this is because stickers are notorious for easily peeling off curved surfaces, and I am trying to find an alternative solution to just painting it.

Re: Will the application of Super Glue help Stickers stick better to models?

Try using Future floor polish instead. I've fixed old peeling stickers that way.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    Try using Future floor polish instead. I've fixed old peeling stickers that way.
    Or any top coat. As long as you seal the stickers after you put them on you should be OK. Use a nice Gloss coat to seal them in, then you can do a Dull or Satin coat. But use a Gloss first.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

A bit of heat from a hairdryer or hot air gun (no more than 100 degrees C or you may deform the plastic or cause nubs to be highlighted) and rub the stickers while warm will help the acrylic adhesive bond to the paint or plastic. Then as the others have said, clear coat to seal and then dull coat.

I just learnt a new/old trick that I'm sure many here already know. The Bandai stickers are nice and crisp, but they are a matt sheen and when you clearcoat them they kinda stick out. You take your nail buff using the fine polish part and shine up the whole sticker sheet being careful to not go through the colour as it is just under the surface. I buff the hell out of them and they stick better because the acrylic adhesive seems to distribute better and the are much closer to looking like waterslides. Do not be tempted to sand them even with 1500 or 2000, it will cut through the markings. just the fine polish part.