Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Mobile Suit Gundam Remake

What are the odds we will ever see a full remake of the original series? In either OVA or traditional season form? Like the original series beat for beat (or maybe with some story cuts) but with modern day art style? Maybe clean up some of the dialogue, bring it the veteran voice actors. I would pay good money assuming they do not mess with it to much. Especially after watching Unicorn, Thunderbolt, and Origins I want to see a modern rendering of the classic.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Remake

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    What are the odds we will ever see a full remake of the original series? In either OVA or traditional season form? Like the original series beat for beat (or maybe with some story cuts) but with modern day art style? Maybe clean up some of the dialogue, bring it the veteran voice actors. I would pay good money assuming they do not mess with it to much. Especially after watching Unicorn, Thunderbolt, and Origins I want to see a modern rendering of the classic.
    Who knows. Yoshikazu Yashuhiko (author and general director of Gundam: The Origin) had about a month ago said that the Gundam: The Origin OVA project would be his last anime project.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam Remake

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Who knows. Yoshikazu Yashuhiko (author and general director of Gundam: The Origin) had about a month ago said that the Gundam: The Origin OVA project would be his last anime project.
    Yeah I read that, but I mean it would not be part of "the origin" it would be a complete remake. I know it is just a concept, but I think it would be really sweet, the original series is classic but could use some updates, mostly from a technical standpoint.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E