Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marks WIPs

Re: Marks WIPs

Yep, looking good much better picture.

Mostly finished. Will leave it another 24 hours and do the last decals on the lower thruster pods and a final satin coat on some parts.

The vents on the inlet side of the thrusters are really basic. I might search through my stuff and see if I can find something a bit more interesting.

Scale wise it's pretty good and comes in at about the same size as the Vouivre Striker. It interchanges as well with an extra adaptor so it has the rectangular peg the same as the Vouivre. Still a bit bummed about the spots etched by the Mr Mark Softer because other than that it came up fairly well.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; July 10, 2018 at 10:48 AM.

Very nice!

Thanks RPC, I'm happy enough with it. Now I can get on with the blue frames, although I still have to come up with some way of displaying all the red frame bits together. I might steal the Qan[t] small stand that I painted and use that to hold the flight pack and make some sort of sword/ shield/ beam rifle rack.
    Last edited by Mark; July 10, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Have assembled the Deban Blue Frame D torso and waist unit. The only real issue with the waist unit was the ABS main joiner that allows the torso to stretch and bend a limited amount. It cracked so out with some epoxy. I should have opened up the through hole more or trimmed the peg size back more. The rest of it has snapped together quite well. I'll post some pics when I get home from work, I'm getting quite a collection of torsos on my work desk. LOL

Also made a start on the Great Saber......... surprisingly the torso again. It's the BT version and I'm actually very impressed so far with the quality of the parts. The detail panel lines etc. are all very nice. A few surface dimples, but these seem to be on hidden parts only with the parts that show all being quite good.

- - - Updated - - -

finally a couple of pics... was busy unfortunately. The great saber is starting to take shape. Along with all the other torsos.

There are some nasty nubs on the leg mounting points, but this won't be seen once the legs are fitted. I was tempted to clean them up and fill them. the hydraulic actuators on the top I did fully strip and re-paint with Alclad pale gold. The inserts will be done in Alclad chrome. These bits do get seen. I probably need to apply some decals and then finish with a sealing coat, blending between full flat and satin and finish off with some brush detailing. The red is a lot more candy than the pic shows.
    Attached Images

A bit more done on the Great Saber.It's taking a long time doing the reds. They are all different shades and finishes.

- - - Updated - - -

Some more progress. I'm playing around with the weapons to see if I can set it up a bit lighter and I've always hated the single front lower weapon offset. Looks wrong so I'm toying with a dual setup. The sensors don't have to be co-located... it's a Zoid. they can be offset on the back with the other weapons.

Attached Images

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

In the last picture it sort of looks like the beginning of a custom motorcycle.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

funny you should say that. I was thinking with the right chrome wheels and scratch built forks, thats exactly what could be created. possibly minus the beam guns......

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

No the beam guns could be the forks. I have seen custom bikes with strait forks like that. Look at the "Bat-pod" or the Dodge "Tomahawk" they don't have conventional "forks" and it looks like the back wheel is already in ther. Like the foot pegs are attached to the axle. Just lose the front "Foreleg" attachments s from the ZORD, you only need one set of foot pegs, and those are way to far forward.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Whoa! Looks great! It really resembles a motorcycle. Very dangerous one

Отправлено с моего iPad используя Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    No the beam guns could be the forks. I have seen custom bikes with strait forks like that. Look at the "Bat-pod" or the Dodge "Tomahawk" they don't have conventional "forks" and it looks like the back wheel is already in ther. Like the foot pegs are attached to the axle. Just lose the front "Foreleg" attachments s from the ZORD, you only need one set of foot pegs, and those are way to far forward.
    I want to build that now..............

Great looking build Mark, it's going to sit nicely next to the Astray.

I normally dislike zoids... That thing is a beauty to behold though! Great work so far man keep it up.

Thanks all, I'm enjoying it a lot, but have had to do some peg repairs and strengthening with metal pins, there is a lot going on joint wise.

I can feel a custom chopper on the horizon. LOL

Some more work done on the saber. I'm going to need to find some decals. The stickers work ok on flat surfaces and are quite thin and glossy, however there aren't that many flat surfaces. lol The front shoulder stickers are fairly average. The gloss levels will be dropped a bit once I get decals applied.

I'm still a bit up in the air on armament for this guy. It is the Great Saber so it has a lot of stuff, but the kit also has the standard armament, so I may just go fo that now as I kinda like the less cluttered look.

I also got around to fixing the first back joint, one of the pegs broke so I made a new one from the spru and drilled the old one out and epoxied the new one in. Much better, no more back sag.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; August 6, 2018 at 1:04 PM.

Is that colour change paint you have used on his head? He is looking good and I agree with the less is more for his armaments.