Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marks WIPs

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: Marks WIPs

there is a cure for the torture of the need to prep parts for paint and fit. It is called Mechnanicor....LOL

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

LOL GM... yup

- - - Updated - - -

Made a bit of progress on the beam blaster, will do some trimming and re-painting/gluing tonight after work. Good part is it will interchange in and out.

Attached Images

Wow, some really awesome work Mark! Very clean and the colors really pop!
    Building my gunpla...one at a time...quite a few left..

Thanks Quik Brik.

My Lightning Saix has arrived at my friends house so I'll pick that up tomorrow so I can start the Zoids Torture all over again. lol Kinda sucks as I have the day off work today but I can't drive. Pulled a muscle in my lower back so just nursing that back to health. Might just sort through my WIPs and tidy them up a bit. A lot of empty sprue to be shed and spare parts to cut out and bag up for another day. I use to ditch all the leftovers but lately those spare/unused parts have been coming in handy.

- - - Updated - - -

The Saix is a nice kit, all the parts are smaller than the saber and it has a lot of fine detail. All the various silver plastics are formed quite average as far as color goes. Very blotchy. It reminds me of the Bandai attempt at gold on the Red Frame. This will all be fine as it's all getting re-painted with Alclad and AK xtreme metals. Tons of small one piece hydraulic actuators with formed springs. Should be fun to paint. Most are that small that a trusty #0 brush should do a good job. Some I may even remove and wind new springs. We will see as it progresses. Waterslides look good as well.

- - - Updated - - -

started work on the red saber. I see samueldecal did do a decal sheet for the Zoids sabers so I'll have to try get in touch with him on Facebook and see if I can order a couple of sheets.

- - - Updated - - -

Got in touch with Samueldecal on Facebook to see if he will do me 2 sheets of his Zoids decals. They are perfect for the Sabers but look like they havn't been done for a while. In the mean time I'll prep as many assemblies as I can. The AK xtreme stainless steel went down well and is much like the Alclad stainless steel. Will definitely be buying more of the AK. Same amount, cheaper and probably just as good. Can't complain about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Samueldecals printer is broken........... This sucks

Super Moderator

Curious if this happens to you. This step, all of the parts were reversed.

T2 had the notch that T1 has for the piping underneath to fit in (step 1 of 2) so i had to use the reverse set of part to make it all fit.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Squee, from memory with the great saber, yes there was an issue with that middle section as you discovered. I'll see if it's the same with the red saber as well. I just finished the neck and chest so I am about to do the same section. How are you finding the parts fit in general? The Red Saber is a lot better than the Great Saber was but I'm starting to think it's the colour plastic being moulded. The deep red seems to be the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked the Red Saber. It has the positioning of T1 and T2, opposite to how yours is shown and The Great Saber was the same. I still recall it not working properly though but after some re-fitting it all worked eventually.

I am definitely having a much more enjoyable build on the red saber.

Super Moderator

Yea this is going together better than the mirage blade liger. I have 3 legs to go, but sanding parts etc, my fingers are sore. haha

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

A bit of progress on the red saber. Pic isn't brilliant but I've chosen to make the red less like tomato soup red and more like red red with clear blue shading to darken the red in places. Just about to go out to the booth to do the armour pieces for the chest unit.

Still playing around with the final sheen level on parts. The ever lingering question of flat or semi gloss or somewhere in between.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay I am getting better at this flat base effect on colour bit. The flat has toned the red back so it's not as dark as it came off the air brush.

- - - Updated - - -

A bit of buffing required, although the dust look on the flat isn't as bad as it appears in the pic. The red is also more red... Had my first small part break, my fault, over zealous on the press. lol
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; September 20, 2018 at 8:11 AM.

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

OK I'm definitely getting a tiger ZORD. These things NEED to be made into a bike. Kit bash with a racing bike and it would make for one hell of a cool bike build. Your paint looks great in the pictures ans the flat shading you are doing is coming out really nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction a Saber Zord.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    OK I'm definitely getting a tiger ZORD. These things NEED to be made into a bike. Kit bash with a racing bike and it would make for one hell of a cool bike build. Your paint looks great in the pictures ans the flat shading you are doing is coming out really nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction a Saber Zord.
    You could make the legs into the suspension and have the paws hold the tires.

Thats better. A pic in daylight. The other pics were taken under a fluro light from my desk magnifier and the colour is never as it appears and it always hides the panel lining.

The stickers don't come out too bad if you buff the sheet first and cut them really close to the edges.

- - - Updated - - -

Started snapping up the Kotobukiya Beam Gatling Set. my lord they are some big weapons. The beam gun may well end out on the red saber above the existing 2 weapons mounted on the back.

I should have all but the legs completed this weekend. Been a crap week, The MPS wouldn't select gears and I've been driving it that way all week till Thursday. It's in getting the heretic dual mass clutch swapped for a single mass and a few other things fixed. Am way over fixing cars at the moment, so someone else can do the dirty work for once.
    Attached Images

I have slowed on the building for now. I have a Mazdaspeed 6 to do a VVT actuator change and well a replacement of all the timing and oil pump chains and associated bits. Spent the last few days pulling it down and should have it all done by next week. Will then get back onto finishing the red saber and probably working on the blue frames and Qan[t]. I'm getting too old to do this car shizzle. LOL I seriously hurt.....

Car duties complete and a happy quiet car, only one injury. Back onto the Red Saber and the Gatling set.