Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Marks WIPs

Re: Marks WIPs

That is looking stunning Mark

Thanks RPC. Has been nice to get back into it. LOL, I ended out getting a second Schwalz version to paint up as the gold version because it comes with waterslides.... Will I stop at 4.... lets hope so. Did you see the 1/100 weapon set from Motorking on New Gundam Central?

Yes I have, they look like something I have seen in resin but not sure where, they do look good though.

Yes, next order I may have to grab a set. one can never have too many 1/100 sniper rifles

- - - Updated - - -

I have this crazy Idea to do a saber with the metal frame like the red and soon to be schwalz, but to do the armour chrome and stainless steel now that I'm getting good results with the Alclad Aqua Gloss. I can do custom black decals mixed with left over decals from the 2 schwalz kits. The Aqua Gloss clearly holds the metal luster better than standard gloss clear acrylic.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost there, just the 16 back leg joints to go

Attached Images

Mega Man is certainly going to be happy with Rush's upgrades.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

LOL... that took me a moment.....

Seriously, though...how big is that thing?! The light weathering you've done looks really good, too.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Thanks. In that stance she is about 10.5 inches long and 5 inches to the top of the sensor on the back weapons.

I'll eventually photograph her properly in some decent light so the shading and panel lining is darker in real life than in those pics. I made a start on number 3 which will be the schwalz version but the black panels are polished metal, kinda like stainless steel with burnishing using Alclad jet exhaust and various other metal colours blended.. so polished metal and red on a metal frame. with the Big Gatling gun setup. At this rate I'm looking like having 4 in the standard colours, black on red frame, red on metal frame, black and red on metal frame, gold on metal frame and my fantasy polished metal on metal frame. I need a bigger shelf. lol

Decal design and print is going to be interesting on the polished metal. I'll probably just do a set all black markings. A few hours of Corel draw are in my future.

I cant speak highly enough of the Alclad Aqua gloss. So far it has gone over perfectly on lacquer, Enamel, acrylic and works perfectly on any stickers and decals. It levels really nicely as it dries and is very durable. Really protects the Alclad metal finishes and far less reaction on the underlying coat, so what you get buffed in the way of metals is pretty much preserved. I am going to see how well it works as a decal production clear over the print as it is really thin. I normally use a lacquer gloss clear acrylic (Tamiya) to manufacture my decals, but do get some ink bleed if I cut too close to the edges. This may solve that.

I will get back to my Gunpla eventually. lol

Awesome, I used to play with Zoids when I was a kid some 30 odd years ago, I remember having to assemble them and they had wind up motors. I had no idea you could get such detailed kits of them, I thought they were just a toy fad when I was young.

And Mark, you're making it look so incredible that I'm going to have to try and source one of the ones I had as a kid to build, despite my current lack of funds
    Currently working on an MG GAT-X105E Strike Noir, to add to the collection below. See my progress here.

I still have box full of old zoids from when I was a kid, it's large box with about a million small parts from about 10 or so kits. It would make one hell of a puzzle putting them back together after all this time. A few years back I found most of Zoidziller.

Just finished the last of the leg joiners. It's been cold and raining here the last few days which has made trips to the workshop (shed) no fun. lol

I have metal finished a few of the outer armour pieces for the metal on metal saber i'm doing. they are in the family room in an open box in front of the heater..... as you do lol

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I'm sort of fond of Zoids at the moment. a lot of potential

teasers......

Some more clear to be laid on some of the custom decals. sooo hard to fade decals on a metal finish....

- - - Updated - - -

oh and PS Red is pretty much finished.

I'll try take some decent pics, these are from my Samsung Tab and they always look washed out. the finish in real life is a lot deeper.

Ended out deciding to go with the red chest armour all other armour chromish/stainless steelish with light jet exhaust burnishing and black panel accent.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark; June 11, 2019 at 11:11 PM.

Oh very nice, loving the all silver look. Definitely need to see some decent pictures.

Red is finished and my metal finish schwalz version is getting close.

Attached Images

Mark they are both looking fantastic.