Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Hathaway's Flash Movie Trilogy plans leaked

As many of you will have heard, the "Gundam Franchise's New Work Unveiling" event on Friday briefly showed a visual for the works in the Universal Century timeline and "Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway's Flash: Film trilogy — Fall 2019 or later" was listed but the Sunrise studio's emcee and one of the event's guests, Gundam Unicorn novelist Harutoshi Fukui, quickly told the audience to "pretend you didn't see that" visual. So while it hasn't been "officially" confirmed, it seems plans are in the works to adapt the novel trilogy into a series of films - presumably one film per book.

For those who haven't heard of "Hathaway's Flash" here's a brief summary:
    Set in UC 105, twelve years after the (Beltorchika's Children version) Second Neo-Zeon War, it details the later life of Hathaway Noa who is haunted by his actions and the loss of Quess. One day on a journey to Earth, the plane Hathaway is on is hijacked by terrorists claiming to be part of the mysterious group "Mufti Nabiyu Erin". He meets Earth Federation colonel Kenneth Slegg and Gigi Andalusia - daughter of a business tycoon. The fates of these three people will be irreversibly changed by the actions of "Mufti" who seek to destroy the Earth Federation who they deem as corrupt.

So, for those who have read the novels (like me), I would like to keep spoilers to a minimum as for many these (potential) movies will be their first exposure.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts and opinions.

Re: Hathaway's Flash Movie Trilogy plans leaked

I really don't mind having Hathaway's Flash animated. 'Matter of fact, I am really looking forward to it. My concern is whether or not we're getting 1/144 HGs or RGs for both the Penelope and the Xi sometime next year. Both suits are larger than standard UC Gundams, so I'm quite hyped to see how this translates to 1/144 scale. Yes, Model Comprehend has already done this, but I want to see Bandai step up and bring out both kits for retail.

Also, that one-film-per-book strategy would really work out. There are multiple characters in this UC story that we probably would never hear from or see again, and I hope they take the opportunity to maximize character development. I'd hate to see this story cut short again, similar to F91 and CCA.

HGs would certainly be nice. I've never taken the plunge on those MC kits; dunno if they're even any good. (Still need to build my SD Deep Striker!)
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

Aye, I too would be super interested in seeing how they handle the Xi and Penelope as Gunpla. Though I must admit, the Gunpla I would be most desiring would be the Messer used by Mufti's group, it just looks so cool. <3

And yes, I definitely think it would be a good idea to expand on the books and maybe add things like cameos of past characters since this is probably the last time we'll see them.