Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Re: Gundam Narrative

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta-G View Post
    I thought Narrative was okay overall, but (like pretty much every Gundam movie ever) it definitely felt like they were trying to cram way too much into too short of a running time, and the less said about the underdeveloped antagonist, Zoltan, the better. Personally, I'd tentatively rank Narrative below every non-compilation Gundam movie not named G-Saviour (so below CCA, F91, and 00 the movie); although to be fair, I'll have to see Narrative again to be 100% sure where I'd rank it though.

Hopefully, the upcoming Hathaway's Flash being three movies instead of one will help it avoid the usual Gundam movie flaw of too much material and not enough running time, but we'll see.
    Even with its flaws, the mere fact that a Gundam movie played in theaters nationwide is extraordinary. Even during the height of Gundam's popularity in the early 2000's, that never happened.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Even with its flaws, the mere fact that a Gundam movie played in theaters nationwide is extraordinary. Even during the height of Gundam's popularity in the early 2000's, that never happened.

I know. I hope they follow NT's single day nationwide screening up with multi-day screenings for the Hathaway's Flash movies as they come out. They included the trailer for HF at the end of NT, so fingers crossed. I don't know about your guys' screenings for NT but mine was pretty packed (by Fathom event standards at least).
    Sieg Zeon!

I know. I hope they follow NT's single day nationwide screening up with multi-day screenings for the Hathaway's Flash movies as they come out. They included the trailer for HF at the end of NT, so fingers crossed. I don't know about your guys' screenings for NT but mine was pretty packed (by Fathom event standards at least).
    The screening at my local theater where I saw NT was nearly sold out. There were a few empty seats, but otherwise the auditorium was full. Did anyone pick up the free poster that they were giving away?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

The screening at my local theater where I saw NT was nearly sold out. There were a few empty seats, but otherwise the auditorium was full. Did anyone pick up the free poster that they were giving away?
    I picked up mine. In fact, I was actually the first person to get a Gundam NT poster at my particular theater (they didn't even know about the poster deal until I politely showed them the listing on their website, which I had pulled up in advance, because I'm a Newtype who can anticipate the future . I then watched the staff, first as they went into the back room to locate the theater's box of posters, and then as they brought the box out to the guest services counter, opened it, and gave me the very first poster from the box before sending the rest to the ticket counters to distribute to other people as they came in to see the movie).
    Last edited by Zeta-G; February 25, 2019 at 7:31 AM. Reason: fixed some punctuation omissions for improved clarity.
    Sieg Zeon!

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

I picked up mine. In fact, I was actually the first person to get a Gundam NT poster at my particular theater (they didn't even know about the poster deal until I politely showed them the listing on their website, which I had pulled up in advance, because I'm a Newtype who can anticipate the future . I then watched the staff, first as they went into the back room to locate the theater's box of posters, and then as they brought the box out to the guest services counter, opened it, and gave me the very first poster from the box before sending the rest to the ticket counters to distribute to other people as they came in to see the movie).
    A bunch of us asked about the poster, but our theater "Had no idea what we were talking about". I think they either didn't give a rats ass about looking for them, or did not want them to go out.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

I got one. It's in my office now. Just an ad for Gundam NT gunpla and the new Universe line, but still cool.
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build thread Plamobot's trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plamobot View Post
    I got one. It's in my office now. Just an ad for Gundam NT gunpla and the new Universe line, but still cool.
    My guess is that since its a double-sided poster for those products, it's more or less designed for windows for hobby shops.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    A bunch of us asked about the poster, but our theater "Had no idea what we were talking about". I think they either didn't give a rats ass about looking for them, or did not want them to go out.
    Here's some friendly advice for people who experienced this if they ever go to a show that has a similar promotion in the future:

I had my theater's website listing for Gundam NT and its poster promotion printed out in advance and ready to show the staff, precisely because I anticipated that the staff at my theater would be too lazy and/or incompetent to look for the posters and have them ready in advance. It's much harder for the theater staff to take the easy way out and feign ignorance about the promotion when you have some proof of the promotion to politely wave in their face and you're the first one in the door to get your ticket/poster, so they can't say they already ran out of posters in an attempt to avoid doing their jobs and looking for them. Remain calm, act polite, and nevertheless be insistent while doing this so they can't pretend that you're being a disturbance in order to weasel out of doing their jobs, and they should be compelled into actually doing their jobs. And remember as with everything in life, never attribute to malice what can best be explained by incompetence/stupidity.

If it makes you feel any better though, the poster in question, while cool, really is just a giant ad sheet like Plamobot and Zeta said.
    Sieg Zeon!