Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Blast from the past, and present: RXF-91 Kai!

When they said “Everything old is new again”, they weren’t kidding! I just recently went to my local Hobby Toy Central and was shocked to find old Silhouette Formula F-91 kits on the shelves! The last time I saw that was literally 18 year ago! In fact, I figured that these kits had all disappeared and would never be seen or heard from again.

To that end, 15 years ago, I took the opportunity to grab one that a student of mine found in Asia when he was home for the summer. I would have placed bets that it was the last of its kind that would be found on this continent when he brought it to me. Well, I guess that was wrong…

Still, the timing couldn’t be better, since I can show off my old-new-oldly new new kit (you followed that, right?) and be right on the bandwagon! So, check out my RXF-91 Kai Silhouette Gundam at the link below, and let the retro robot assault begin!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/ban...00-rxf-91-kai/

Super Moderator

Re: Blast from the past, and present: RXF-91 Kai!

Loving that shields energy parts! Always nice to see an older kit given proper love!

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Re: Blast from the past, and present: RXF-91 Kai!

Thanks, Squee!

I'm like you; I like to see an older kit get built up with modern methods and stand beside it's more well-known, and sometimes more glamourous younger brothers. I like it when people can't tell it's an old kit; that always makes me feel good!

I am very much looking forward to redoing my Cluster, which I originally built about 20 years ago, and which needs work. I just picked up a new Cluster on the weekend, so hopefully sometime sooner than later I'll be able to have one that looks like it's of the same era as the RXF-Kai above!