Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Does it bother you if your model box is shipped to you in less than good condtion?

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there gets bothered by this stuff other than myself.

When you order a new model does it bother you if the box itself is in poor condition?
    Whats normally your reaction or response?

Re: Does it bother you if your model box is shipped to you in less than good condtion

Nope. As long as none of the plastic is bent or broken, I couldn't care less lol. I end up trashing it when I'm done. I've only had one box really damaged though and that was from GSaM but it wasn't at all concerning to me. Probably rough day at the postal sorting center lol.

Re: Does it bother you if your model box is shipped to you in less than good condtion

I don't care about the condition of the box, unless the contents inside are effected.

Dgaf as long as the kit itself is fine.

Yeah, I suppose that would be the normal reaction.

I'm kinda ocd about defects.

I'm used to the boxes being a bit roughed up at this point. I might be disappointed if the box art is cool, as I often keep my boxes, but I can always find that online or sometimes replicated in the manual
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon: badwrongfun@glitch.social
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Super Moderator

I hold onto m boxes for storage until a kit goes in my display case. Then it gets recycled, so i generally don't care.

A good way to get over that need to have a pristine box; If you bought a new microwave or appliance, are you going to freak out or get annoyed if there is a scratch or bend on the box? And are you going to keep the box?

A box is used for transporting the goods, its not the goods itself lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Administrator

I actually compress and keep the box art for every kit that I build. Simply cause I like the box art, and will one day use them for decoration. So yeah, it would bother me if a box was damaged. Especially a kit that I really like.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    I actually compress and keep the box art for every kit that I build. Simply cause I like the box art, and will one day use them for decoration. So yeah, it would bother me if a box was damaged. Especially a kit that I really like.
    I do the same thing. Some times I'm bummed out depending on how bad th ed bvb damage is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    I hold onto m boxes for storage until a kit goes in my display case. Then it gets recycled, so i generally don't care.

A good way to get over that need to have a pristine box; If you bought a new microwave or appliance, are you going to freak out or get annoyed if there is a scratch or bend on the box? And are you going to keep the box?

A box is used for transporting the goods, its not the goods itself lol
    True. But I'd there is damage to the box it does create concern about the conditions of the content in the box.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post

True. But I'd there is damage to the box it does create concern about the conditions of the content in the box.
    But once you open the box and confirm nothing is wrong, the box is trash.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post

I understand and respect this. Some box art I've wanted to keep for the appreciation of the art and I thought about making it into a wall paper of sorts on the back wall of a detolf display... BUT... Lack of storage till then pushed back my collector (hoarder) ideas.

I used to keep them when I was little for decoration but I havent done that in a long time. So now I could care less so long as the kit itself is fine. I chunk the box as soon as im done snapping the kit.

Zaku on kova luu.
    YOU WANT TO BE MORE THAN JUST A GRUNT? LEARN TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE!
    In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it. -Erwin Rommel
    They're on our right, they're on our left. They're in front of us, they're behind us; they cant get away from us this time -chesty puller
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...3-Zaku-s-WIP-s

I still remember getting a box with a store label stuck right on it. IDK what was up with this label but after using GooGone on it and carefully peeling it off. All the artwork underneath was completely faded. Whatever adhesive was on that label ate away at the colors.

Not particularly, most of my boxes end up as storage or tossed in the garbage.
    Getting back into Gunpla, slowly.

Resident Efreet and resident shark person.