Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Which Gundam Unicorn to get?

Hi!

I want a gundam unicorn! Having said that here are my two requirements. I would like it to be fully transformable from unicorn to destroy mode (don't really care about psychoframe color) and I would like it to be 1/100 scale. The reason why I'm asking is because I've seen many people comment on how bad de Master Grade Unicorns are so I wanted to know what my best option was. Preferrably I would like something that does not come apart when transforming, if possible.

Another question would be. If I were to buy the Perfect Grade Unicorn, would this be as I want? (Transformable withouth having it come appart)

Thanks!

Re: Which Gundam Unicorn to get?

Aside from the MG, the only option for a fully transformable, 1/100 scale Unicorn is the GFF Metal Composite doll with daicast parts. However, If you don't mind having a 1/144 Unicorn, I would suggest the Real Grade. As for me, the Master Grade OVA version is the only transformable Unicorn I have. I also have a GFF Full Armor Unicorn with the arms broken off due to how stiff the ball joints were.

Get the rg, lube the shoulder joints watch a tutorial on it. Then done lol.

Super Moderator

If you are willing to buy the PG, go for it. From everyone i know who built it, its a solid build, and a great piece for the collection.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

So the metal composite is an action figure, not a model kit right? I would get the real grade, except that I don't like 1/144 Scale. I find them too small. I could down the line, get the PG.

In case I actually decide to go with a Master Grade, which one would be the least bad option?

Based on Dalong's review of the PG Unicorn, it truly is fully transformable. Even the head can fully transform, unlike the MG & RG versions.

In fact, I could see the PG Unicorn being used to develop an MG Ver.2.0, unchained mode aside. That combined with MG Freedom Ver.2.0 levels of articulation.

Thank you! That's good to know. Also, for now, PG Unicorn seems to be one of the cheaper PGs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by aarelovich View Post
    Thank you! That's good to know. Also, for now, PG Unicorn seems to be one of the cheaper PGs out there.
    Only if you don't get the LED kit. But a PG Unicorn without LED would be a waste.

Super Moderator

Buy the KO Light set. Way cheaper and more modes.

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

What extra function does it have?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
    Only if you don't get the LED kit. But a PG Unicorn without LED would be a waste.
    I'm not big on the whole LED thing... mainly because of the whole batteries nightmare... But I'll think about it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz33 View Post
    What extra function does it have?
    I'm actually thinking of the Exia set lol but i do believe there is a Unicorn version that has a plug option as well as a ir sensor built into the base so its motion activated.