Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

Santi let the conversation play its self out. He had foreseen a bit of trouble when it came to R1D3R, who seemed very much a solo lone-wolf type, but the advantages of having him on the team far outweighed the potential hassles. He was even planning a few strategies that would send players to do solo runs at the enemy, and he had hoped to use R1D3R in the center of that. Santi could see where Kaho was coming from, but he thought she might be being a bit pushy about this. People can't change over night after all. If R1D3R was to come around to being more of a team player, it would have to come gradually and naturally.

"Queenie, let the man be for now. As he said, having a Noble Six in the hole could definitely come in handy. I think it will be far easier to develop him into a team player than take anyone else here and train them into solo tactics at his level. Though I hope you will eventually come around to playing as a team R1D3R. Trust me, it can be a lot of fun, and there is nothing quite like the grand stage of the top-tier Force battles."

"Now then, if there isn't any more objections, shall we begin the tour?"

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    “You really think blatant disregard for you comrades is a style?” Kaho asked flabbergasted. She knew American players could have a bit of an ego, but this was ridiculous. This was too rich; it stopped being shocked and started being a riot. She tried to stop herself from laughing but it didn’t work for more than a second. She began to lean on her saber as she bent over laughing. “ Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho! How selfish and conceited do have to be to demand that everybody work around you?” R1D3R was good but Kaho could tell he had no idea about the realities of how Force play worked.

“No Force is going to agree to what you’re asking unless they’re scrubs who want you to carry them.” Nova intervened as she walked closer to R1D3R. “Trust me, I’ve tried what you’re doing before. It’s not going to work out.”

“Boss, are you listening to this guy?” Kaho regained her composure as pointed to R1D3R as she addressed Santi.

"Comrades is stretching it, I've just met most of you. If I were gung ho about team play I'd have brought in a Sentai Exia, I'm not so I didn't." said Kalin, "You'd be surprised at what other Force's do in order to win. I'm not here to make friends like this is some Shonen Jump series. I'm here to win, like everyone should be."

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Santi let the conversation play its self out. He had foreseen a bit of trouble when it came to R1D3R, who seemed very much a solo lone-wolf type, but the advantages of having him on the team far outweighed the potential hassles. He was even planning a few strategies that would send players to do solo runs at the enemy, and he had hoped to use R1D3R in the center of that. Santi could see where Kaho was coming from, but he thought she might be being a bit pushy about this. People can't change over night after all. If R1D3R was to come around to being more of a team player, it would have to come gradually and naturally.

"Queenie, let the man be for now. As he said, having a Noble Six in the hole could definitely come in handy. I think it will be far easier to develop him into a team player than take anyone else here and train them into solo tactics at his level. Though I hope you will eventually come around to playing as a team R1D3R. Trust me, it can be a lot of fun, and there is nothing quite like the grand stage of the top-tier Force battles."

"Now then, if there isn't any more objections, shall we begin the tour?"
    "No promises, it's not impossible just improbable. Fun is relative anyway. It's "fun" for me to go hunting for high tier's and challenge them in the open world but that doesn't seem like it'd be something you'd find "fun" just based off this." he said, "Or should I just have stayed silent and only spoke when I agree with what's said?"

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

"No, I definitely want to hear any comments or concerns from each of you, so always feel free to speak up and speak openly. I will admit that part of the reason why we lost last season is that the team was too much about following one vision, mine, to how we approach battles, and perhaps I grew a bit too stagnant towards the end. I want to hear from everyone this time around, and maybe focus on our individual strengths more than we did last year."

"I feel like there's some misunderstandings going on. I'm aware this is a team setting, I'm aware of how tactics for teams work, and I'm aware that my tactics aren't meant for teams. But at the same time, think about the long term. If the first few battles this team has show my lack of teamwork while still contributing to the team then other Force's will take the time to plan out tactics to take advantage of my own tactics. Should the enemy take it's time and analyze a proper strategy for one player among the Force then it could also be used against them." noted Kalin, "It's the benefit of being a wildcard. Makes things difficult for those who don't know how to deal with one. And I get the feeling that Captain Santi knows where to point me."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"None of that made any sense at all." Kaho tilted her head to one side. She was profoundly confused and tried to parse through what he was saying. "Other teams aren't going to spend all their time and effort specifically trying to analyze you. In fact, they already have you analyzed because you're a notable solo player. Hell, I can bring up the videos right now; I've seen them. Your current play style is a known factor, not a wild card. Anybody can find info on you. I want you in the force, but it sounds like you're just trying to make excuses so you have change or learn anything." She let out a sigh and buried her head into one of her hands. This was not how she wanted to spend her break.

"Boss, I get it." She turned back to Santi and let out another sigh. "You think you suffocated Shoji and the others. You don't want that happen again. You want,to be more flexible and give everybody on the team more input." She shook her head before continuing. "But you do that by being open to criticism, letting others team members come up with battle plans and formations. But not by letting somebody refuse to coordinate with the rest of the team and just do whatever he wants. Be stern with him. Don't let him walk all over you."

Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

"The only time my battles have been recorded has been for official team events. I have privacy settings so that my account is notified and requires my agreement to be recorded. If there are videos out there that aren't released officially thru GBN admins then I've been illegally recorded and can file a complaint to said admins to have them taken down. If people want to find out how I battle they have to be there live and have a good memory. I gave Santi permission to record my tryout. So please, bring up an old video showing an outdated and imperfect style. My current Joker Exia is my third one. The previous two weren't built well enough to handle all the modifications done so some abilities weren't available. Trans-Am took quite some time to perfect." said Kalin, "So if you find any videos out there that aren't official flag 'em for me."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

As this "confrontation" was happening between R1D3R and Queen of Hearts, Stella and Nathan were sitting off to the side listening to the argument. Though no words were spoken, the two friends were having a conversation about what was transpiring before them. Stella had a face of disgust that simply said, "The arrogance on that guy." Nathan then turned towards Stella and made a nodding face that said, "No kidding." The duo turned towards each other and laughed a little. Being that they both came military families, Nathan, and Stella in particular, had encounters with arrogant hot shot officers fresh out of the Academy. Stella then shrugged her shoulders and made a face towards Nathan that said, "Eh, he'll learn." Nathan then turned towards Stella and made a face that said, "Yeah, the hard way."
    Last edited by Zeta; June 21, 2018 at 1:33 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Carmine had finished his Coffee as he just listened Well if he wants to hear from everyone. he thought "I say we give it a try and if it ends up being detrimental we can split amicably." he said with a shrug "There are pre season and special even fights that don't count to any tournament rankings and such like that we can trial run there if need be." he suggested he admitted it did seem a bit odd reasoning to have someone be such a wild card, he could see the use in having someone able to go deep in enemy lines, but usually in the capacity of them working around and with the team not the other way around from the sounds of it, but he'd seen and even been solo and worked with random teams in various games well so he was hoping it was a miscommunication. "I get the concern though, it really does sound like you just want to go on your own and expect other people to then take advantage of that, that can work sure in quickplay stuff but here it'd help if we were on the same page even if you want to mostly be a sole operative, you don't see those sorts in reality going in with no grander plan after all." he said trying to be diplomatic.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; June 21, 2018 at 7:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    "Boss, I get it." She turned back to Santi and let out another sigh. "You think you suffocated Shoji and the others. You don't want that happen again. You want,to be more flexible and give everybody on the team more input." She shook her head before continuing. "But you do that by being open to criticism, letting others team members come up with battle plans and formations. But not by letting somebody refuse to coordinate with the rest of the team and just do whatever he wants. Be stern with him. Don't let him walk all over you."

Santi tensed in anger at Shoji's name being brought up, and after everyone said their peace, he took a deep breath and started to talk in a firm manner.

"Listen, this isn't exactly how I wanted the first practice to go. So for the moment, I want all of this dropped and for us to move on. Kaho, you can't expect a person to change all of their habits overnight. Give R1D3R a chance, and try to be more open-minded."

"Though R1D3R, don't expect this to mean that my approval of you means you have leeway to do whatever you wish. I trust that you are willing to work with the team enough to insure that we win, and you wouldn't do anything so bold or foolish to jeopardize that. Unlike some of the others here, I don't expect you are just a "Leeroy Jenkins" waiting to happen. You seem wiser than that."

"Now then, unless there are any more objections, let's move on."

Santi shot everyone a look, especially Kaho, that said he wouldn't be happy with anyone speaking up again, despite his earlier comment of being open to it. He clearly wanted to at least drop the conversation for today, and move on to the practice.

Note to self: Avoid asking about the old force members. Carmine thought to himself "Nope all good here." he already said his piece. Goes both ways though, if I feel it's not a good fit on my end either I'll peace out. I don't want too they seem like good folks, but R1D3R was right. Here to win and hone my skills, friends would be a nice bonus sure but still. he had practical reasons as well as more abstract in-game reasons for being here, but for the first time since starting three years ago he was doing more than trying to be a skilled amateur sticking to smaller things and being content with just playing for the sake of it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    "Ah, Mr. Sven, you made it after all. Glad to have you aboard. To answer your question, although the Hands will be sent to the areas most likely to encounter stronger enemy strength, the Deck team will not be just hiding away in the corner on babysitting duty. They will also proceed to search for the enemy and support the Deck teams, just at a more cautious manner."

"Now then, the Deck and Hand rosters are as follows. Kaho, Sonny, Gearhead, Nova, Trenton, Chi-Re, and Myself will make up the Deck team and CJ, Stella, R1D3R, Sven, Grayson, Nightstalker, and Mr. Overflag will make up the Hand Teams. Any objections? Keep in mind, there is also the "Shuffle" and "Redraw" commands, which will trade units from the Deck into the Hands, and vice versa, so you won't necessarily get pigeonholed into a role."
    Sven listened in carefully. He still had a very nonchalant posture, but he was recording everything via capture soft.

"The gal seems to know at least something about history. Rare thing to seem online. The Burning kid and the Mr.Fancyflag are here too, at least they are reliable."

Soon R1D3R and Kaho went at it. "And there we go, the first rift. Gotta keep an eye on them." He then scanned everyone else around him. "I need to seem them in action to be able to tell........" He then spotted Sonny, who was in his typical fashion browsing his pad, looking at some upgrade plans for his Unicorn. "This nerd, he seems somewhat familiar....."

When Santi gave Kaho the cold stare, Kaho simply shrugged and waved a hand off to the side. The gesture was her basically saying to move along. She got the picture; time for practice. She was tired and annoyed with this anyway and wanted to get through practice before her break was up and she'd have to go back to work. Namedropping Shoji definitely struck a nerve, but Santi brought up the subject in the first place and just skirted around it. She figured she was being honest about it. It seemed to be worth it though, as Santi was actually being more reasonable with the recruit instead of sucking up to him like earlier.

Meanwhile Nova had already said all she had to say to R1D3R and had drifted off into her own world while just half paying attention to what else was going on. She had her menu up and was checking and replying to her messages. When she heard the last bit of what Santi was saying she quickly closed the menu and started looked around the room quickly.

Last edited by Riah; June 21, 2018 at 6:16 PM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Grayson watched as the masked man and Kaho began to bicker, rolling his eyes as he put his hands behind his head as he leaned back in the sofa, "Frankly, I've worked Solo for a long time and in the past year I've found Team battles much more refreshing. Takes alot of pressure off you knowing alot of people got your back so you can concentrate on the victory at hand. Its bitter work to break your habit of working alone...but believe me the results are worth it, especially when you find a good competent team. And from what I saw with this crew last night I think well have one...It will take some work no mistake about that, but the results will be worth the bitter work" He said to no particular person, smiling a bit as he grabbed his drink from its resting place, downing a bit of the liquid inside before giving a rather contented sigh, "So boss, what will be the training mission tonight?" he asked, hoping his little sermon at least eased the tension.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

*Kalin shrugged and stood there quiet*

It's whatever. thought Kalin, ready to start this practice

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

"Right, so let's get going. Follow me, 2 rows please."

The conference room changed its appearance back to the normal Minerva-style ship's bridge, complete with a random NPC crew manning the stations. In truth, they were there just for show, Tyche handed all of the ship's functions by herself. Named after the Greek goddess of luck, the old members of the Force won this handy AI system during a special game event a couple years ago, and she had been integrated with the ship when they made it their Force Nest.

"These will be your rooms while you are with the Force." Santi said, pointing out the row of doors as the group walked down a corridor, each with a different member's Gamertag on them.

"They are larger than they look, you can make them up to 20 feet by 20 feet, thanks to the wonders of hammerspace. You can customize them however you like, and keep whatever swag you have won from collect missions in them."

"There is also a cafe/eating area, a sauna/hot springs room like the Archangel had in SEED Destiny, a gym, a garden, and a couple other interesting rooms. You can explore them at your leisure. We also have a fast travel feature, in case you don't want to bother walking anywhere. Observe."

Suddenly the team was at the hanger area. Each of the team members' Gunpla was in there, with even an extra MS station for each player in case they wanted to store a spare suit. Once again, the laws of video game "magic satchels" let the space in the hanger be larger than it normally should be.