Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

Trenton raised an eyebrow. A pilot that doesn't know what suit they use? This should be fun.

"Just a custom job really. Nothing more than an updated Gunpla really" stated Grayson meaning his AXL. He chuckled a bit, hoping this thing would start soon. The quicker he assumed what he was working with the better.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

"We will have a chance to look at everyone's mobile suits when we take the grand tour of the ship. But before that, I want to both congratulate and thank you for joining the team. We are aiming for the Championship this season, and we saw within each of you World-Class potential, and I know if we all come together and play as a team, we have a chance to make that championship dream come true."

"Now then, before we take y'all on the tour of the ship and begin our first practice session, I wanted to discuss our overall battle strategy for the first few matches we will have. We wanted a formation that was simple and easy for us to learn and perfect in the month we have before the season starts, but also adaptable for any situation we might come across."

"To put it in the simplest terms, we will be splitting our Force into two 3-man teams called "Hands," and one 4-man team called the "Deck," during standard Capture the Main MS battles. It will be the Hands' jobs to scout out and seek-and-destroy the enemies, and the Deck's job to protect the main MS and support the Hands."

"Now then, any questions or concerns so far? I know the main one most of you will be having is the effectiveness of this formation in the long run. I know that the enemy teams will quickly figure out that our Main MS is always going to be in the Deck, and will therefore target them. However, I plan on switching formations after the first pair of season matches, so I don't think that will be too much of a concern. Getting wins early in the season is important to build up our point total, and I think this formation will help us do that, before it runs out of effectiveness."

(OOC while Santi was explaining the Formation, the holoprojector on the table was providing a visual representation of it.)

Carmine listened closely as the formation as explained Quick and adaptable just like he said, Carmine thought he looked as if he was concentrating on it seeming more serious than he did a few moments ago Could also easily be used as a way to judge what rolls we'll best fill in as well. he thought, his only concern was already allayed by the assurance that as it stood now that it'd be used as an early season strategy. I think I see why Michael spook so highly of him now. Carmine thought "I like it, seems like a solid base for mixed unit tactics, and a good way to form a quick cushion of points like you said before competition gets too stiff." he rubbed his chin he assumed that wide unit variety from what he'd seen so far would be the main strength of the team, he deployed a similar strategy with his sim racing team before to score points early on a crossed some wildly different tracks.

"Not alot of questions on my end" stated Grayson, his voice cheery as ever as he eyed and studied the layout, very well laid out, has a good turn around to keep the enemy guessing and he understands the concept of theatricality as a weapon...impressive.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    "We will have a chance to look at everyone's mobile suits when we take the grand tour of the ship. But before that, I want to both congratulate and thank you for joining the team. We are aiming for the Championship this season, and we saw within each of you World-Class potential, and I know if we all come together and play as a team, we have a chance to make that championship dream come true."

"Now then, before we take y'all on the tour of the ship and begin our first practice session, I wanted to discuss our overall battle strategy for the first few matches we will have. We wanted a formation that was simple and easy for us to learn and perfect in the month we have before the season starts, but also adaptable for any situation we might come across."

"To put it in the simplest terms, we will be splitting our Force into two 3-man teams called "Hands," and one 4-man team called the "Deck," during standard Capture the Main MS battles. It will be the Hands' jobs to scout out and seek-and-destroy the enemies, and the Deck's job to protect the main MS and support the Hands."

"Now then, any questions or concerns so far? I know the main one most of you will be having is the effectiveness of this formation in the long run. I know that the enemy teams will quickly figure out that our Main MS is always going to be in the Deck, and will therefore target them. However, I plan on switching formations after the first pair of season matches, so I don't think that will be too much of a concern. Getting wins early in the season is important to build up our point total, and I think this formation will help us do that, before it runs out of effectiveness."

(OOC while Santi was explaining the Formation, the holoprojector on the table was providing a visual representation of it.)
    "As long as I get to be at the heart of the action, I have no further questions." Sven, seemingly appearing out of nowhere, was leaning against the wall, his arms crossed and looking somewhat somberly towards the floor. His avatar was wearing a rather casual get up, a tan tank top with brown pants and black boots.

"Ah, Mr. Sven, you made it after all. Glad to have you aboard. To answer your question, although the Hands will be sent to the areas most likely to encounter stronger enemy strength, the Deck team will not be just hiding away in the corner on babysitting duty. They will also proceed to search for the enemy and support the Deck teams, just at a more cautious manner."

"Now then, the Deck and Hand rosters are as follows. Kaho, Sonny, Gearhead, Nova, Trenton, Chi-Re, and Myself will make up the Deck team and CJ, Stella, R1D3R, Sven, Grayson, Nightstalker, and Mr. Overflag will make up the Hand Teams. Any objections? Keep in mind, there is also the "Shuffle" and "Redraw" commands, which will trade units from the Deck into the Hands, and vice versa, so you won't necessarily get pigeonholed into a role."

*Paul managed to send a message to Santi, he wouldn't be showing up, major IRL deal was about to be finalized and he was required to be there. R1D3R stood there and listened*

".....It's not a bad formation by any means, however, my Gunpla isn't called Joker Exia solely because of the Kamen Rider. I'm a wildcard honestly. I may follow your plan for a battle but the next one I could very well just take off on my own to fight. It's the main reason other Force's only paid me for a temp spot. I do have a preference for solo play." said Kalin, "Just put me where the action's most likely to be and I'll have better reason to stick to any plans made. I've got a few tricks no one's seen before and I got my home console back so I'll be online more often than I have been in a while. And if I'm completely honest, there's a good chance I'll bring out other Exia variants. Exia Skull, Fang Exia, and Exia Nasca."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

"I have no objections with this plan. Organizing any sort of large armed force into smaller squads is a good idea. In fact, I believe it was Moltke the Elder who first pioneered this strategy during the Franco-Prussian War. Also, this formation allows us to be flexible in our tactics. We could have the Hands operate as Search-and-Destroy units, or act as defensive units to hold choke points," Stella said as she listened in on all the information being presented to the team.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Grayson listened intentionally, hearing the idea and nonverbally approving the concept. He couldn't help but grin at how Kat was making historical reference, finding another history buff in the group as he looked towards Santi, "I've got no objections. My Gunpla is a multi purpose Machine so this will work out perfectly. In my case just tell me what kind of situation well be in and I'll prep AXL accordingly."

Sword Freak

Both CJ and he nodded were both completely humble about the whole deal. Kaho had nodded along and let it slide. She realized it maybe had felt like nothing to the two of them on the outside, but she could still distinctly remember the scores of rejects she and Santi had to sift through just to get to some genuine talent. She considered bringing that up, but figured it might make her look desperate. Maybe she was.

“This again? “Nova asked, cocking her head to one side. Santi had gotten through explaining the formation. Naturally, she was rather familiar with it. “Well, I suppose it’s worked before. But I'm sure the newbies can handle the whole playbook."

“Best to start simple things simple since so much of the team is new.” Kaho shrugged as she responded to her robotic team mate. “Like he said, we’ll move to the other formations soon enough.” She then heard R1D3R's comment and her easy going mood soured a bit. Fortune's Wild could not have Leeroy Jenkins in a super hero costume flush their chances at victory down the toilet just because he wasn't used to playing well with others; it was unacceptable. She let out a noticeable sigh, and then tapped her saber on the floor to try to get his attention.

“R1D3R, lone wolves starve to death.” She called out to the new recruit. “Don’t get cocky just because your solo record is good. You’ll have to get rid of your solo play habits and learn to co-operate if you’re actually serious about being part of a team. Otherwise, you're going to get us all killed. If you need time to get used to team play, that’s what practice is for. Just, please, don’t make me regret putting in my recommendation for you. ” Kaho had kept her tone calm while speaking to R1D3R, but she still stared at him with a stern expression on her face. The military uniform seemed to fit her a little bit more in this moment.
    Last edited by Riah; June 20, 2018 at 3:30 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

"That's not been my experience. Lone wolf tendencies pay off well. I can still perform my style within a team setting." said Kalin, "I'm a Joker in more ways than one.....But having someone capable of taking a 3 on 1 challenge is talent your Force needs. To throw another reference out there, my username was almost NobleSix."

*Kalin just stood and spoke calmly, not too phased by the words, after all he could easily bail and rack up a solo record or just as well let himself get scouted by a top tier Force who would know how to use him for once, he shrugged*

"You shouldn't count out my style before you see it. If whoever's teamed with me is aware of my style, they can take advantage of it." he finished

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

"Being in the hands suits me just fine." Carmine said about Santi's plan "Heh suits. Wish that was intentional. Though I guess that'd be a bit too on the nose for that." he said with a chuckle. Didn't noble six...die?Not the case I'd use. he thought not wanting to get in the middle of the situation himself being new here, though he did hope that this wouldn't become a thing. Guild drama is why I've avoided a force with anyone but people I know personally. not that he was adverse to meeting with and playing with other people but Force life could complicate it.

Trenton just rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair, hands behind his head. "Throw me in wherever," he then took one hand and aimed it in front of him like a gun, "and I'll eliminate the opposition."

“You really think blatant disregard for you comrades is a style?” Kaho asked flabbergasted. She knew American players could have a bit of an ego, but this was ridiculous. This was too rich; it stopped being shocked and started being a riot. She tried to stop herself from laughing but it didn’t work for more than a second. She began to lean on her saber as she bent over laughing. “ Oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho ho! How selfish and conceited do have to be to demand that everybody work around you?” R1D3R was good but Kaho could tell he had no idea about the realities of how Force play worked.

“No Force is going to agree to what you’re asking unless they’re scrubs who want you to carry them.” Nova intervened as she walked closer to R1D3R. “Trust me, I’ve tried what you’re doing before. It’s not going to work out.”

“Boss, are you listening to this guy?” Kaho regained her composure as pointed to R1D3R as she addressed Santi.

Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun