Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast

[RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

Round 1 : New Beginnings

The private game room where the tryouts were being held at looked like a futuristic conference room (OOC like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/bb...63ffe0c43e.jpg ). Over 60 players were either sitting or standing around the room, invited to the tryouts either due to the recommendation of someone already on the team or simply because of their reputation on the Nexus as great fighters. Santiago and the other returning Veterans of the Fortune's Wild team were off in a separate room, waiting for the last potential recruits to show up and surveying the crowd through a one-way mirror, wondering who among them was going to end up on their team.

Santi turned towards Kaho and said, "So we are really doing this again huh? I got hope for our future, but last time didn't turn out so well...."

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

Simon stood there, his hand rubbing his gunpla pouch on his right hip. He felt uncomfortable with the thing there. It had been Five years since he wore it, and while a year had gone by where he got back into this, it felt like a phantom pain on his leg, an old wound that just refused to abate. He sighed, his deep blue eyes scanning the room and its current occupiers. He couldn't shake this feeling he was being watched, though this was a tryout for a team. He simply sighed again, putting on a rather confident yet humble smile as he waited for the tryouts to get underway. He was hoping that a year worth of training, sparring, and doing matches would pay off in what came next...

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

At the very back row, Rupert Svenn, or as his pals called him, Sven, was leaning against the wall, hands behind his neck.
    "Waiting, waiting, waiting. These damn things never start on time." Sven's avatars attire was rather unusual, dark brown pants and a red cape with brown boots and a chest armor, seemingly made of iron gave an aura of oldness to him, especially contrasted to the clinical conference room and it's more contemporary occupants.

At the other room, Ronald "Ronnie" Andrews, one of the newer members of Fortunes Wild was making some final adjustments to his personal unit, Unicorn Nightmare. He had a tablet in right hand . Within it, he was calculating how different configurations and equipment would affect the weight and balance of the unit. His avatar was a dark colored Earth Federation pilot suit, similar to the one worn by Amuro Ray during Char's Counterattack.

Hovering, like his avatar was apt to do, since it didn't have legs. Chi-Re looks around the room with his skeletal face, wondering if this team would finally be able to fill more of its vacant spots. Though he wasn't too concerned about being driven off by the teams roster being filled with new recruits, he was a little hesitant to have to move on already.

I want to be able to participate in the next big event, but I don't want to have to try to find another team on short notice. He thought to himself, sizing up the players gathered in the next room.

"Well, what will be, will be. The question is how many of the trainees will shoot each other on accident. Anyone want to place any bets?" Shrugging after his statement, and little bored while waiting for things to begin, Chi-Re spawns a few small orbs, and attempts to juggle them in the VR Lounge, as a way to spark some kind of distraction till things got going.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Kaho had some extra music playing through the speakers of her VR set in the physical world. Meanwhile, in the Nexus, she was just sprawled out on a couch in the room. Her sword,was in its sheath and off to the side of the seat like it was a walking stick. She perhaps looked a bit out of it, but was very clearly awake. The break up of the group, and thus Himari, hit her hard, even if she didn’t want to show it. The other veterans were likely aware of it too. Thus, finding the replacements felt awkward, but there wasn’t much she could do about it.

“Chi-re is right.” Kaho turned her head to Santi as she sat up. “Just relax and enjoy the matches. We’ll find some stars sooner or later. We have plenty of time, especially since we’re just filling in some gaps.”

Nova meanwhile had her face and hands up to the glass. She was watching over the crowded. She was actually rather interested about the prospect of the try outs; it meant new new team mates, new people to meet, new gunpla to see, new strategies to create and adjust. She mumbled to herself a bit, taking notes of who she recognized and which newcomers seemed to stand out. “We certainly have a bigger litter to pick from this time, though.” was the only thing she said that came out clearly.
    Last edited by Riah; March 18, 2018 at 7:32 PM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

"Easy for you to say Queenie, you and Chi-Re get to stay back here and observe. I got to go out and 'address the troops' as soon as the last ones arrive. And the others have to lead them through the selected missions."

Santiago looked back out and spotted Simon.

"I hope he manages to make the team. Being good at 1v1 combat is one thing, being part of a team is a completely different monster. Time to see how well he plays with others.

Dan/Trenton stood in the back of the room, leaned up against the wall with his arms crossed, trying not to stand out. He surveyed the room and saw that lots of the recruits were rather nervous and engaging in small talk with each other. He glanced and saw where the one-way mirror was, but made sure to act like he did not notice it. This setup reminds me of early Celestial Being, he thought to himself. All the secrets and smoke-and-mirrors. Hopefully they turn around, I have no wish to be part of that again.

In the back of the conference room, a pair of sliding doors opened with a great whoosh and in entered a pair of individuals. One was a young man with green eyes and rustic brown hair; he's wearing goggles, a denim work jacket, steel-toed boots, and leather work gloves. The other was a young woman with long blonde hair, golden cat-like eyes, cat ears, and a tail swishing left and right; she's wearing a skin-tight navy-blue flight suit with gold accents, and draped over her shoulders is a black leather bomber jacket. At first all the people in the room turned at the pair when they entered the conference room, but then everyone turned back to what they were doing.

"Looks like we're late."

"Nah, the tryouts haven't started yet. You'll have to excuse me, I have to go meet with the other leaders. Make yourself comfortable, and don't do anything rash."

"Come on, it's me. What do you have to worry about?"

"That's what I'm afraid of," the man said as he walked off. The woman went to separate corner of the large room located by a large window that looked out into the depths of space. She didn't like social situations that much.

In a separate room, the man entered to see his comrades.

"Hey guys! Santi, you're looking well. How's business?"
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

"The shop is same old, same old, which means the missus is still nagging about paying the mortgage on our house. It's OK tho, I got a feeling this is our year, and with that big cash prize, we will be able to pay it off."

Santi looked at the young woman that Nathan came in with.

"So that is Stella huh? I think you might want her on the team for other reasons." Santi said with a wink.

(OOC Santi isn't implying anything pervy, just that Nathan has a crush on her and wants her on the team so they can spend more time together)

Carmine and Michael walked in not long after. "See, we're not late Carmine my boy." he said, his six foot tall avatar in it's pink suit stood out, especially in contrast to how short Carmine's was in it's grey, even with his rabbit's ears he didn't make it much past his mentor's chest. A few looks came up to look at the newcomers from various people who were trying out, Michael stood out being rather famous from professional 1v1 and successful at it Carmine meanwhile was a skilled relative unknown he blended in the background.

"Seems so." he said there was a nervous quiver in his voice as he said it, Michael patted him on the back. Michael patted his pupil on the back.

"Don't worry. You'll do fine kid. I believe in you." he assured him.

Carmine's confidence seemed to swell just from here that, he nodded and gave his mentor a determined smile. "Yeah." it had still all felt unreal to him the last six months, his job, meeting Michael and becoming his student moreover inheriting the Emperor Burning Gundam from him just a few weeks ago. He'd been practicing with it and getting used to it, so far he was adjusting well but this would be his first real test. This is where it'll all begin. At least I hope so. he thought as they took a place to stand over on the edge of things, Michael unlike the others wasn't here to participate but to watch over his charge to see how he did. He wasn't quite ready to go into the backroom though wanting a few more minutes by his side.

"Nah, Stella's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less. We're friends because both of our fathers were friends and served in the same air wing. My dad was a chief mechanic, while Stella's father was a top notch fighter pilot. While she hasn't exactly followed her father's path, Stella is a fully licensed and certified pilot. Or was at least."
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Simon noticed the other players entering the room. A swell of dread fell over him but he kept his face as calm as a cucumber.

More contestants...more competition for the tryouts...any chances of getting on this team have become tougher than I expected
    he thought to himself. The dread got more like a pit in his stomach till he heard her voice again in his head...

"Hey Simmy! Can' I Play with your gunpla!?" the voice echoed. Simon did all he could not to scowl, the pit turned to pain then the fire again as he tapped the side of his hip, tapping the gunpla pouch that had his old firend, Gundam AXL.

"You've never failed me in the past AXL...You've got one shot to help redeem me...don't blow it" he said quietly, keeping the fake smile on his face as he looked around and resting his hands behind his head, "This is gonna be a long day" he said with a bit of wit in his voice. Just got to get on the team. This and keep winning matches. The more I win, the more I gain. The more I gain, the more I move closer to my Victory...after this...then It can be over for good...He thought, the objective and vision he saw as clear as day before him. The fake smile turned genuine as the fire burned in his eyes, his determination now roaring into full gear as he balled his fists behind his head.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Getting his concentration broken when the others finally entered the room, the balls Chi-Re had been juggling a moment before, fall to the ground, and bounce across the room. With a sudden flash of colors in his robe to red, Chi-Re's eyes become angled with annoyance. Sticking his right arm out, with the frayed ends of his robe appearing like a human hand shaped like a pistol, he proceeds to pop each of the balls into digital dust pretending to shoot.

"Meh, I was never any good at that anyways." he says with a little sigh. Looking around both rooms, he raises his arms, and shakes his little skull.

"So how many others are we still waiting on? It's starting to seem like a Zeke-gassed colony in here."
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

“Fair enough.” Kaho nodded her head. Everything Santi had he was doing was just trivial, nothing out of the ordinary he’d have to do as captain. But everybody seemed nervous about this and Santi had a right to vent.

“Hey, Gearhead! It’s been a minute!” Kaho said greeted Nathan as he went in. Her eyes turned towards Stella through the window. She chuckled for a second. She couldn’t deny the catgirl avatar was pretty darn cute. “Well, she’s got good taste. D’awww. Cute ears. ” She then snapped her fingers and smiled after hearing about Stella being an aircraft pilot. This Stella gal may have been what the team had been waiting for. “Really now? That certainly has my attention. A REAL pilot behind the controls could be exactly what we need to get an edge. Can't wait to see her fly!”

“Well, yes, and no. We don’t really know what will really carry over or not from experience.” Nova interrupted, matter of factly at first. She had pulled her attention away from the window and held a finger up. Though admittedly she was interested too and a little alarmed. Presumably, this newbie’s play style would completely different from most everybody else’s. And she assumed that if Stella was a pilot, she would have to be using a transformable suit somewhat like Nova's own. And that meant somebody else would have her niche on the team. Her voice became a little more nervous.“After all, this isn’t really dog fighting. And umm...” She then turned tilted her head to the side. “Was?”
    Last edited by Riah; March 18, 2018 at 7:49 PM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

In the common room, the woman named Stella was sitting by a window and starring out into space. For her, it was soothing to see the stars twinkling and dancing amid the nebula clouds in distance while surrounded by the blackness of space. In her ears, were a set earbuds as Stella listened to track which she considered calming and therapeutic.

Suddenly, mid-way through the track, she was interrupted by another Diver who had been invited to these tryouts.

"Hey there little lady. Haven't seen someone like you right here. What's your name honey?"

Stella ignored the tall and broad man as he approached her, instead turning her eyes back out of the window into space.

"Aw, come on. Don't be like that. We're all Divers here. Me and my friends are here to become world class Divers in pursuit of fame and glory. So tell me, what's a pretty girl like you doing here?" the man said as pointed to two of his entourage friends in the room. Stella was starting to get impatient and uncomfortable around this boorish man. She figured that perhaps a simple response would leave her alone.

"Therapy. That's why I'm here."

"Therapy? That sounds boring and lame. You should join our group. All of us are seeking to become members of Fortune's Wild."

"You know that not everyone's guaranteed a spot on the team. Some are bound to be stronger and better than others."

"Not us, we're the strongest!" the man boasted, his confidence hiding his uncertainty and insecurity

"Then why are you not in a leadership position?" Stella snapped back hoping to shut him up. This struck a nerve in the man as his little entourage started snickering. The man then gave a glare back at his entourage which shut them up.

"You know, I might be willing to overlook that if you join us."

"No thanks, I've got my own partner. Now please, leave me alone," Stella said in an annoyed tone as the man was clearly getting on her nerves.

"Why not? you would be a great asset to us," the man said was brought his arm around her shoulders. "What do you say... sweetheart?" he said as he moved his hand closer to her butt. This was it, the last straw. After hearing those words and picking up on what he was really after, a fire lit up inside Stella.
    Last edited by Zeta; March 19, 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church