Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

(OOC The counter is solid, but there are some glass display cases to either side of it, if that helps.)

Santi smiled rather bittersweetly as he heard the stranger's request, as he too used the now-closed store's parts shop on occasion before the owner retired.

"I know what he is asking for Simon. Give me one second sir, be right back."

Santi disappeared into one of the backrooms before returning shortly with two large plastic bins full of spare parts. Between the occasional damaged-during-shipping model kit and leftover runners/parts from customers working on their kits at the store, as well as leftover parts from his own kitbash and custom works, Santi had gathered quite a collection of spare parts, which he sometimes let customers pick through for a small fee per piece.

"Feel free to look through the bins, you can use the modeling tables for your convenience, Mr.---?" Santi said, inquiring of the stranger's name.

Dan was at work when he got the notification email stating that he had made the team. Well, looks like I'll have time after work for the introductions and stuff. But I don't expect Trenton to bond with them at first like he did with Celestial Being.

"Belmont. Able Belmont. But you can call me Abe...everyone does Mr-?" said the cheery young man, now identified as Able, he offered a hand to shake, showing an air of slight decorum under his slightly disheveled appearance. E.V at that moment walked out, looking wide eyed at him when he said his name.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Ringaling! The bell of the door chimed as Himari Yamazaki stepped into Sweetwater. Past the intitial displayed, the counter, and shelves of gunpla and supplies, the place seemed to transform. The store counter gave way to that of a restaurant. The menus were emblazoned alongside gundam posters. Tables doted the back of the building. It was a cafe as well as a gunpla store. Sweetwater's stock was not quite as good as a lot of other gunpla places, but it still had plenty of kits, basic supplies, a room in the back with few tables to build and a couple GBN pods. It had everything you needed, and Himari felt at home there. Both her and Kaho had even built their first gunpla there.

“Yamazaki, it's been a minute!” A somewhat portly middle aged woman greeted Himari in with a smile. However, almost immediately she cocked her head to one side as she noticed something. “Where's your Guntank? You aren't going into Nexus today?”

“N-no, Mrs. Saito.” Himari shook her head. “ Actually, I think I'm done with the Guntank for a while. I kinda want to try something new.”

“Well, then. Would you like me to help you find something? Perhaps a Jesta or Adele? In fact,” She scratched her chin, thinking. “I believe we just got some Catsith in stock yesterday.” Mrs. Saito had grown to know Himari's taste in mobile suits quite well. While Kaho preferred herself a cyclops, Himari would never build something without a visor.

“I'll consider those, but... I think I want to look around for myself.” Himari squeaked as she looked off to the side towards the shelves. Guncannon? Dagger? Genoace? There were just too many choices. She picked up the box for a Gundam Local Type for a moment before putting it back. Nah, it just wasn't for her, but neither did her old gunpla anymore. She was in a new situation: single again and with a new team. She also couldn't just choose something she liked; she needed something that'd help her contribute well to the team. She couldn't leave them hanging. While she thought hard on her choice, a sound interrupted her. It was a familiar voice.

“I think it just fits our new sound, ya know? Maybe we should put it at the end of the set!” It was Kaho, yapping along as she was wont to do. She was at one of the tables, enjoying some yakiniku barbecue with one of her band mates. He was a tall, strongly built and intimidating looking man wearing shades and a leather jacket. At that moment, Himari panicked. Why was Kaho in Sweetwater!? Of all the people in town why did it have to be her ex-girlfriend!? Though the logical part of her brain knew exactly why. Sweetwater was right next to Taria Corp and this was around time for Kaho's lunch break. Of course she'd be there; they'd met up here at this time a lot when they were still dating. Himari began to pace back and forth. Should she ignore the two? Should she say something? If so, what? It was a public place, so she didn't wanna start a scene. Argh, it was so awkwa-

Thunk! A couple boxes of gunpla had felled onto the floor. Himari cursed to herself in English; Japanese was too polite to have the right vocabulary. She bumped into the shelf, and now was worried she'd ruined something. Without Himari even noticing it, Kaho had gotten up from her table and had picked up one of the boxes.

“I took a peek. Nothing's broken.” Kaho said casually. “You okay, Himari?
    “I-I'm f-fine. Just kind of lost in thought, I suppose. You know how I get.”
    “Just take care of yourself, okay?”

Himari nodded and looked down at the box from the floor she had just picked up. It had a half off sale sicker on it and proudly displayed the Nemo. It was an MG. A grin came across the young woman's safe. This gave her idea for something to do, and it wouldn't break the bank. She looked around a bit for an HG Nemo to go with the MG, and then headed straight to the counter. By the time Mrs. Saito rang up Himari's purchase, Kaho's bandmate seemed to be gone and the only trace of Kaho was the muffled sound of her talking into the Nexus pod's microphone.
    Last edited by Riah; May 5, 2018 at 6:58 PM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

GBN, Thunderbolt Sector PvP Area

A lightning bolt flashed a crossed the sector and with it she squeezed the trigger of her control stick, the beam lashed out striking true at a Clanche that wandered into her firing line. The Bertigo Sternengesang relaxed slightly as did it's pilot. "That's the fifth one so far sis. Damn." a screen appeared to her side, a Redheaded girl with brown highlights that looked similar to Diane herself appeared on the screen she wore a tank top, and had goggles around her neck as well as a bandage a crossed her nose. Her gunpla floated next to her sisters, a Mass Production ZZ, it had a GM sniper II visor as well as a modified Hyaku Shiki backpack and wing-binders it carried a modified GM K9 Sniper Rifle.

"Another one." she said gripping the controls as she did the Sniper visor lowered and she fired missing the incoming Zudah, she fired again another miss as she growled, one more and a wiff. "DAMN IT JUST HIT." she fired and hit it this time, she obviously lacked her sister's skill at long range. "Look at that, an anger power up." she gave a thumbs up.

Diane rolled her eyes "You need to pace yourself Laurel." she said.

"Or we could go do something a bit more fun than you know, sniper target practice." another suit was coming in two of them, Laurel began firing at one, as it moved, Diane sprung out some funnels and fired at it, while Laurel then fired the High Mega canon at the other.

"You made that gunpla just to practice, and you asked me to help you." Diane said flatly, normally Laurel mained a Theta Plus for space and air fights, while she used a modified ZZ Ground type for ground battles, while she wasn't a stranger to long range it was mostly either shelling or giant beams as suppressing fire "Something up?" she asked, as they backed out of the mission.

"I mean I do want to practice my precision shooting, but mostly just wanted to hang out, it's been awhile. I think I'll just use a beam smart gun." she stood hands on her hips, as she did it rattled her avatar's several SD mobile suit figures on lanyards around her belt, there was a Bertigo, a Qubeley, a ZZ, a Blitz and a Strike.

"Smart guns are crutches for snipers." she replied.

Laurel chuckled "Marida used one though."

"She wasn't a sniper. Diane deflected "Anyways We share a bedroom, and live in the same house, we hang out all the time." Diane replied with a small smile trying to be reassuring.

Laurel stood up on her tip toes and karate chopped her sister's avatar's head, not that it'd hurt but more of an emphasis thing "Not like that, I mean like this. We haven't played GBN together in what feels like ages." she said. "I should be asking if something is up with you instead of the other way around."

I suppose she's right. Diane thought with a pang of guilt. "Just been, doing other things I suppose. My bad, plus everything going on with this 'split up' plan." she threw out air quotes, she and Laurel were both against the whole scope out the competition before entering the major tournaments next year plan her eldest sister and her cousin both came up with, with Laurel full on refusing to do it.

"I told you not to do it." Laurel said matter of factly, she lately had just been doing minor things with friends in her own small time force mostly just for fun lately "'Sides big sis, how are things going with the force you're in? They any good, maybe even cool people? Had your first real match not to long ago right?"

"Yeah." she sounded a bit uninterested in that "Some of them are good people and they're all skilled. Qualifiers went well." she said with a shrug. "Not a fan of how Glorious leader can act from time to time." she said a bit sarcastically.

"That so?" Laurel asked as they walked into a virtual food court of sorts and sat. "Think they have a shot at the big title?"

"Until we get closer and see more of the competition, I don't know." she replied. "Feels weird helping someone else to victory." she said it was made doubly so when she was already starting to feel Gunpla Fatigue of a sort. "Team also feels...fracture. Allot of the members apparently broke up from some other force that's trying to go to the top."

"I bet, well I'll be rooting for you. Maybe some of the other too if I like their gunpla." she shrugged sensing her sister wasn't wanting to talk to much about it right now. "How about we do a survival mission or something?"

Carmine's House

Carmine walked into his room and began looking at his Gunpla shelf,The shelf was loaded everything from rather straight builds to various customs, his eyes tracked the shelves, a White Mobius Zero, a Black Gyan a Purple X Gundam, and a Black and Orange Gundam Artemie all grabbed his eyes, but his hand went Straight for the Emperor burning.

"Okay, drive safe!" she called, Carmine assured her he would as he went into the garage, his Blue Alfa spider was parked next to his mother's wagon, on the far side of the Garage was his mom's 'toy' as she called it an early model Suzuki Hayabusa she's had since before Carmine was born, it was clear Carmine got his love of engines and such from his mother. Carmine put the top down since it was nice and fired up his car pulling out of the garage and driving off towards the hobby shop he used.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; May 8, 2018 at 8:23 AM. Reason: Missed a line I wanted to put in originally

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    "Belmont. Able Belmont. But you can call me Abe...everyone does Mr-?" said the cheery young man, now identified as Able, he offered a hand to shake, showing an air of slight decorum under his slightly disheveled appearance. E.V at that moment walked out, looking wide eyed at him when he said his name.
    "The name is Santiago Rojas, but you can just call me Santi. You are welcome to my store any time," Santi said with a smile after giving the man a firm handshake.

E.V. approached the counter, hastily scribbling down on her notepad as she did so. When she finished, she smiled and waved at Able and lifted her notepad for him to see.

"Hello Alucard, it's me, Quartz. Nice to bump into you in real life. Thanks for saving me last night at the semifinals, that Bawoo came out of nowhere. Thought I was a goner."

Able smiled and moved up his hands "Pleasure to meet you again Quartz! Small world Huh!?" he said in sign language, causing the trios' eyes to widen, "I have a cousin who lives with my family whose deaf" he explained with a chuckle looking back towards E.V., "no problem" he replied in SL, "Just remember to keep an eye out in your peripherals. Flanking attacks are really good. No disrespect but if your leader had known that I wouldn't have had to save his ass. At least you said thanks." he chuckled finishing the sentence in SL before digging around in the bin. Simon stared at him for a moment suspiciously.

"So...what exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help?" he asked Able. Able looked up and smiled.

"Why thank you! In that case do you have any Epyon or Talgeese III Heat Whip parts? The Heatwhip for my Krusnik was damaged in the semifinals and I'll need to replace it-AH! There we are!" he said pulling a few sprues from an Epyon and a Tallgeese III, "Got anymore? I tend to make my heat whip a bit more articulate like they show in the well...show" he said chuckling, with Simon eyeballing him with a grin and raised eyebrow

This guy's a pro builder, he thought, looking over at Santi and EV wondering what they were thinking.
    Last edited by Kenico; May 8, 2018 at 5:02 PM.

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

With the last message from Nate received, Stella grabbed her purse and set out to meet her friend.

"Hey boss, I'm going to take my lunch break now."

"Okay, be back in an hour."

Before she could walk out the door, Stella was stopped by her coworker Charlene.

"Sooo... where are you headed?"

"Just out to lunch."

"Uh huh, right. You know something?"

"What Charlene?"

"I think you've got something to hide."

"Wha- what do you mean by that?"

"I think... that you... have a boyfriend!"

"Um... what?"

"I mean, it's the only explanation for your upbeat and cheerful attitude."

"It's not a boyfriend Charlene."

"Uh huh, riiiiight."

"I'm serious here!"

"Alright, so it's not a boyfriend. Well whatever it is that you're doing, it's put a spring in your step and a smile on your face, for which I am glad to see from you."

"Thanks Charlene."

Stella then sighed heavily as she left the front desk and headed for her car: a silver Mercedes-Benz C-300 sedan. The trip to the nearby shop did not take very long, only a few minutes as it was right down the road from both Nathan's and Stella's workplace. Outside the shop, Stella could see Nathan fiddling on his phone.

"Hey Nate."

"Hey Stella."

"What are you doing?"

"I was checking something. So it looks like we won't meeting the rest of the team right now, but that's not why we're here."

"Okaaay, so why are we here?"

"It's a surprise."

Stella raised an eyebrow in puzzlement as she followed Nathan into the shop. The shop was more than just a hobby shop: it was the ultimate nerd den. It had shelves upon shelves dedicated to comic books, board games like Munchkin and Dungeons & Dragons, plastic model kits, and statues of superheroes for sale. This shop also had a few video games in stock.

"Hello Will."

"Ah, if it isn't grease-monkey Nate. Here for some more time on the Battle Nexus?"

"No, actually I'm here for a pickup. You got that 'item' I requested?"

"Yep," the shopkeeper said as he pulled a large box our from under the counter. "Here you go."

Meanwhile, Stella was in another part of the shop browsing through the various shelves. She had been here before, but had never browsed around so much on her own. Stella then came across the manga section of the store. The shelf contained a lot of mainstream titles like Dragonball, One Piece, and Attack on Titan. Browsing more closely, Stella noticed a hardcover book among all of the paperbacks. This book was the first volume of the hardcover version of Gundam: The Origin. Ever since yesterday's, Stella became a bit curious about Gundam. Flipping through the pages, Stella became enthralled by not just the art, but also by the few bits of dialogue. "I'm going to buy this," Stella said to herself as she made her way back to the counter.

"Ah, there you are Stella. What do you have there?"

"Well since I'm now part of the team, I figure I should get myself up to speed on Gundam," Stella said as she revealed the book to Nate.

"Ah, good choice."

Stella and Nate then made their transactions with the clerk Will, and then left the store.

"So what's in the box?"

"Actually, this is for you."

"Wait, me!?"

"Yep, this is a home version of the GBN system you see in shops. You still have that PC of yours that you used to play Steam games on, right?"

"Yeah."

"Just hook this up to your computer and voila."

"There's just one I don't understand: why?"

"Well, this way it will be easier for you to battle with the rest of the team, and consider a late birthday gift."

"Thank you, Nate."

Stella then placed her new console in the trunk of her car and the two friends went off to have lunch. After lunch, Nate and Stella then headed back to their respective workplaces. Tonight though, they would dive and meet the rest of the team.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

*Kalin had headed to bed at 5 in the morning, he got like three hours before he woke up and tossed and turned for another three, he finally opted to get up*

Damn it to hell. I hate this bullshit. he thought as he dressed, he took a soda from his mini-fridge and headed to the bathroom, after he was done he walked downstairs to find his mother sitting on the couch scrolling thru whatever she was reading on her tablet with the tv as background noise, "Mom."

"Kalin! Can't sleep?" she asked

"Duh." he responded

"Sorry. How did your thing go? You just left the house and didn't say anything."

"It went fine. Made the Force. I'm a team player now." he said mockingly, "I'll still do my solo stuff but the team will come first."

"That's good progress."

"So can I get my GBN console back? Or did dad destroy it and toss it like he said?" asked Kalin

"I have it. We just didn't want you holed up in your room alone....I don't get it."

"....It's different. There, I'm someone else, just a character with a role. I don't have to think about my own problems....I know people online, it's not like I'm a total solo player. There's no point in bringing rudeness in. Sometimes I like the team mission I'm asked to join, sometimes I don't." he said about his GBN life, "I feel like I'm more myself in GBN than I do outside of it. There, I understand the world and what's happening most times. Here, I can barely figure out my own problems...."

"Kalin, I'll dig it out later. Just, you know, don't hole up completely with it."

"Thanks mom, I'll try."

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Able smiled and moved up his hands "Pleasure to meet you again Quartz! Small world Huh!?" he said in sign language, causing the trios' eyes to widen, "I have a cousin who lives with my family whose deaf" he explained with a chuckle looking back towards E.V., "no problem" he replied in SL, "Just remember to keep an eye out in your peripherals. Flanking attacks are really good. No disrespect but if your leader had known that I wouldn't have had to save his ass. At least you said thanks." he chuckled finishing the sentence in SL before digging around in the bin. Simon stared at him for a moment suspiciously.

"So...what exactly are you looking for? Maybe I can help?" he asked Able. Able looked up and smiled.

"Why thank you! In that case do you have any Epyon or Talgeese III Heat Whip parts? The Heatwhip for my Krusnik was damaged in the semifinals and I'll need to replace it-AH! There we are!" he said pulling a few sprues from an Epyon and a Tallgeese III, "Got anymore? I tend to make my heat whip a bit more articulate like they show in the well...show" he said chuckling, with Simon eyeballing him with a grin and raised eyebrow

This guy's a pro builder, he thought, looking over at Santi and EV wondering what they were thinking.
    "So this guy is on Shojiro's team eh? He seems like a very good builder, they are putting together quite the team. I know it's a bit cruel to E.V., but I had hoped they would of been kicked out of the qualifiers by now...." Santi though bitterly. He was not looking forward to the possibility of facing off against his former protege at all.

"Sorry friend, this is all the spare parts we got." Santi said with his hands spread out, looking like he truly regretted it. In truth, he was kinda glad they didn't have all the parts Able wanted. He could never willing let a customer down, but helping a member of a potential rival team seemed a bit wrong, especially if it was Shoji's.

"Darn" he said a bit disheartened, but he nodded as he took the heat whip parts off the tallgeese and epyon kits he found. Simon looked at him for a moment nodding.

"So Abe, What kind of Kit you running?" he asked nonchalantly.

"I run with an Epyon" replied Able bluntly.

"That old 90s kit?" asked Simon rather perplexed.

"Did some modifications to it with some more modern parts to make it up to date. Epyon Krusnik has been a sort of project I've been working on in the three years I've been in this hobby. I have to say I'm really proud of the work i've put into it. along with the experience I've gained in both building and in combat."
    stated Able in a bragging but humble tone.

Simon hid a cringe, a sting hit him hard and he knew why. He had been like that before, enjoying working on a kit year in year out and trying to get it perfected and to his liking. Sadly all he did now was keep AXL in working order till he reached his goal. To him, this hobby became nothing more than a means to an end. A path to redemption before walking away forever, "I see. Seems you're pretty confident that your Epyon Krusnik can help your team out" he said.

Able paused for a moment as he got the last parts out and sat them down, "I am. EK has never failed me before and I don't count on him failing me now" he said with a smile, one that made Simon secretly cringe even more, knowing he once had the same look on his face at one time, "So Mr. Rojas how much do I owe you?" he asked as he sat the parts in front of Santi.

Sword Freak

"For these parts, just $3.50 plus tax. You can pay Simon, I got to put the rest of this stuff back. Nice to meet you Mr. Able, you are welcome back any time."

E.V. signed "Bye, and see you tomorrow night for the Finals" and left to go clean the back storage area.

Able stood up, putting the parts on the table and pulling out a five dollar bill, "Keep the change, I love to support a great hobby shop like this...especially since its so close to my apartment" he chuckled, standing up and noticing EV's signing, "Likewise, Just hope that i'm still on the team, you heard how your boss chewed me out for 'Humiliating his team'...or rather him" he winked at her and chuckled, "Not going to lie, if he doesn't get his act together you could always join up with me. I wouldn't mind leading or being part of my own Force. Hell I wouldn't mind you leading over that guy" he finished with another chuckle, "Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Rojas, I'll see you guys around" he said, turning and taking his leave, the parts tucked into a small baggie as he left the store.

Simon put the five dollar bill in the register, and was about to hand Belmont the receipt but the latter had already left the store. Simon sighed and tossed the receipt in the trash, looking over at EV. He pulled out his pen and pad, writing something down for her to read, "So...What's that guy like?" he asked her.

Sword Freak

Sven rolled at the stores parking lot. It was quite small, housing places for twelve cars. Sven parked at an empty slot and exited,carrying a red lunch box.

He walked in from the front door and headed towards the register. He spotted his father looking over the register, counting the cash register.

"Morning pops."
    Gustav looked at his son below his eyebrows before returning his sight to the cash.

"You are a bit late for a morning shift. " Gustav said, continuing to count the cash.

"I overslept, I'm sorry. I'll be taking the evening."

"All right. You have an actual reason to be here?"

"Yeah. You forgot your lunch." Sven showed the lunch box to Gustav.

"Oh, yeah. Put in the back room, I'll take a look at it later."

"OK."

"And Rupert..:"

"Yes?"

"You got selected?"

"Yeah."

"All right. You have done well."

"Thanks pops."

At the European server......

"How the hell is able to move like that?" The leader of the challenger team was starting to panic. He had lost most of his team, leaving only him, Astrea and Akatsuki.

"Is that the power of the top level player?" Astrae pilot was also starting to feel nerveous. The trio was taking shelter at between buildings and tried to find Il Falco.

"Any one see him? "

"No sight."

"Negative."

For a few agonizing moments, nothing happened. Absolute silence invaded the field. Nothing moved. All three pilots scanned their surroundings in hopes of seeing their elusive tormentor.

"I must say I'm rather intrigued at this strategy of yours ." Suddenly, Il Falcp was standing on top of the Zero.

"What the......

"No matter, It appears that you simply ran out of luck."

He suddenly jumped into the air, about twenty meters above the enemy suits. He spread his cape like a pair of wings and as he descended, G-Knight formed around him.

"Shoot him!" All three suits opened fired at the G-Knight. This was in vain however. Il Falco had no trouble in dodging the shots and blocking the few shots that came in his way, As he landed, he rushed at the Akatsuki,maneuvering past it's Dragoons and striking it at the chest. One down. The Astraea swung it's hammer at Il Falco. A slash from the lance cut it down. As it tried to deploy it's GN Launcher, Falco fired the machine guns of the lance, causing damage to Astraeas launcher. This opened up his defense for Falco to exploit. One thrust with the lance. Two down. The Leader in his Zero fired the dual buster rifles at Falco, destroying everything at it's path. Falco dodged the shot with a graceful spin. He fired his shot lance as he was upside down during the maneuver. The lance hit the Zero dead on. Three down.

BATTLE ENDED. WINNER THE FALCON.

Simon put the five dollar bill in the register, and was about to hand Belmont the receipt but the latter had already left the store. Simon sighed and tossed the receipt in the trash, looking over at EV. He pulled out his pen and pad, writing something down for her to read, "So...What's that guy like?" he asked her.
    E.V. stopped for a second and stared thoughtfully out in space. Finally she made a few signs.

"Strong.....and also kind."

With that said, she walked into the backroom to bring out some new Gunpla kits that just came in.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Santiago walked into his office. On the walls were several shelves, displaying all the trophies and awards he had won over the years for both battling and modeling. In a special case all by themselves were his former main Gunpla, with most notably the custom Sandrock EW that he originally made his mark with in the solo rankings as "The Red Sword Saint."

Santi sat on his chair, and tinkered with the Haro toy at his desk as he got lost in his thoughts.

"Just one more win and Shoji and his team are in the pro league. Dammit, why couldn't they have lost by now?"

Santi turned from his dark thoughts and started sketching down some plans for the upcoming practice...