Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers : Fortune's Wild

As the fight continued to unfold around Red Team, Nathan moved out of the range of another Rick Dom as it tried to take a swipe at him using it's heat saber. Once he was out of range, Nathan pulled out his suit's shield and beam rifle and quickly lined up his rifle with that of another incoming Rick Dom. In an instant, Nathan pulled the trigger and obliterated the Rick Dom with just one barely aimed shot.

I... I hit it? I thought for sure that that shot was going to only be a glancing blow.

Naught but a moment later, the same Rick Dom that tried to slash at him with a heat rod earlier had tackled Nathan from behind. "What the-!?" Nathan had yelled out the Rick Dom tried to grapple and wrestle the Gundam "Alex". Nathan responded by fully opening up the throttle on his Gundam, trying to shake off the Rick Dom by rolling, climbing, and descending. Yet the Dom stubbornly refused to let go. "Get off my back!" Nathan yelled out as he elbowed the Rick Dom in the cockpit with his Gundam's shield. Nathan then drew a beam saber from his backpack using his suit's left manipulator, and made a slash that bifurcated the Rick Dom from the left arm to the right leg.

Am... am I getting better? Has my month of training with Stella improved my own piloting skills?

However, there was no more time to ponder. They had a mission to complete. Suddenly, from a hanger bay located on top of A Baoa Qu, a Zanzibar-class ship - with markings that matched of Kycillia's fleet - could be briefly seen before it erupted into a cataclysmic fireball. Nathan then received a new message from the Gray Phantom.

"Yes? Uh huh. Roger, I understand. Red Team, change of plans: we're leaving A Baoa Qu. Apparently our target, Gihren Zabi, has been killed already. We are to head back to the ship."

But just as Nathan finished up his message to his team, another two squadrons (OOC: four suits = one squadron) of Mobile Suits had ambushed them. But these were no ordinary suits. These were Gelgoogs. One squadron was led by a crimson and black colored Gelgoog. Another was led by a black, blue, and white Gelgoog, this was most likely Uma Lightning.
    Last edited by Zeta; April 7, 2018 at 9:00 PM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

"This is a better finale than the one I was expecting. Expected the Zeong, not Zeon's best team." Carmine said smiling and gripping the controls. "I suggest we break off into pairs, and try to separate them, take out the backround guys, then focus on Ridden and Lightning." He suggested dodging fire from Uma's team. "Seems they already want to play!" Carmine exclaimed Dodging he fired back with some Vulcan volleys with his remaining guns. Not too much ammo left. Only about a third in the right shoulder and half in the head. he thought.

Sven hacked his way's through the Rick Doms and emerged with the others at to the final mission area.

Upon seeing the Chimera Zanzibar, he smiled to him self. With out missing a beat, he charged at the Crimson Gelgoog, Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog.

This bastard is one of the hardest OYW bosses. It's been long since I've gone through this scenario...and won. Won't miss the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    "This is a better finale than the one I was expecting. Expected the Zeong, not Zeon's best team." Carmine said smiling and gripping the controls. "I suggest we break off into pairs, and try to separate them, take out the background guys, then focus on Ridden and Lightning." He suggested dodging fire from Uma's team. "Seems they already want to play!" Carmine exclaimed Dodging he fired back with some Vulcan volleys with his remaining guns. Not too much ammo left. Only about a third in the right shoulder and half in the head. he thought.
    "A sound strategy, I shall join you by providing some covering fire," Nathan said as he dodged the incoming fire from Uma's team of Gelgoogs. "Trenton, I would like for you to cover Sven, to work in tandem with like CJ and I," Nathan communicated to Trenton as he noticed Sven charging in towards Johnny Ridden's Hi-Mobility Gelgoog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Sven hacked his way's through the Rick Doms and emerged with the others at to the final mission area.

Upon seeing the Chimera Zanzibar, he smiled to him self. With out missing a beat, he charged at the Crimson Gelgoog, Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog.

This bastard is one of the hardest OYW bosses. It's been long since I've gone through this scenario...and won. Won't miss the chance.
    The Gelgoog dodged not only effortless, but also very quickly, firing back with it's beam rifle at Sven. The three other standard Gelgoogs then surrounded Sven and started firing at him.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

"Good copy," Trenton confirmed as he quickly holstered the pistols and grabbed the floating GN Sniper Rifle. The Cherudim SAGA would've been a better choice for this mission, but I'll have to make do, he thought to himself as he brought the sniper rifle around and aimed at the Gelgoogs around Sven. He fired some quick shots at their current positions and where they might dodge to. This tactic worked as he scored a direct hit on one standard Gelgoog. He then stored the sniper rifle and brought out the Revolve Bazooka in one hand and a Beam Saber in another while he charged in to support Sven.

"Wouldn't be becoming of me if I lost to someone younger."* Carmine reffered to Uma as he gunned it for his group, dodging fire from the support Gelgoogs. Need to remember left side is weaker, still depending on the difficulty can't let the enemy know that. Either way, Fly my Gundam we can do this.

He dodged Gelgoog fire, as he readied his left middle finger and thumb he aimed it at one of the Gelgoogs as he made a slight course correction to their left. "Conneticut! SMASH." he let the bust of energy fly out towards the outter most Gelgoog from the group before stopping suddenly and begining to juke towards their right heading in for them again.

(OOC: Uma's only 14 at this point)
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; April 10, 2018 at 4:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    "Good copy," Trenton confirmed as he quickly holstered the pistols and grabbed the floating GN Sniper Rifle. The Cherudim SAGA would've been a better choice for this mission, but I'll have to make do, he thought to himself as he brought the sniper rifle around and aimed at the Gelgoogs around Sven. He fired some quick shots at their current positions and where they might dodge to. This tactic worked as he scored a direct hit on one standard Gelgoog. He then stored the sniper rifle and brought out the Revolve Bazooka in one hand and a Beam Saber in another while he charged in to support Sven.
    With one Gelgoog down, the rest Johnny Ridden's squad regrouped formulated a new plan. Now, the squad would use rushdown tactics to attack the two Gundams, with one of the Gelgoogs using covering fire from it's beam rifle to fire at Trenton, while another would pincer it from behind using the beam naginata. The Johnny Ridden Hi-Mobility Gelgoog, then aggressively engaged Sven at close range with its own beam naginata.

"Wouldn't be becoming of me if I lost to someone younger."* Carmine reffered to Uma as he gunned it for his group, dodging fire from the support Gelgoogs. Need to remember left side is weaker, still depending on the difficulty can't let the enemy know that. Either way, Fly my Gundam we can do this.

He dodged Gelgoog fire, as he readied his left middle finger and thumb he aimed it at one of the Gelgoogs as he made a slight course correction to their left. "Conneticut! SMASH." he let the bust of energy fly out towards the outter most Gelgoog from the group before stopping suddenly and begining to juke towards their right heading in for them again.

(OOC: Uma's only 14 at this point)
    Meanwhile, Nathan and CJ were engaging with Uma's squad. Both suits worked in concert and fired back at the four Gelgoogs, working together put some distance between.

Damn! I'm starting to have regrets about setting the difficulty level this high.

When CJ unleashed his Connecticut Smash once more, it knocked two of the standard Gelgoogs off-balance.

There! An opening!

Nathan lined up his sights and pulled the trigger, firing off a couple of glancing shots from his beam rifle onto the vulnerable Gelgoogs, destroying them. Uma and the other Gelgoog decided to switch tactics. Uma pulled back, firing off a barrage at Nathan's Gundam NT-1. Nathan dodged and also responded with fire from his beam rifle, but that was okay, for it was all part of the plan. The other standard Gelgoog opted to go for a pincer maneuver and closed in on Nathan with it's beam naginata drawn. In any other One Year War suit, this attack would have been impossible to see coming, but Nathan was in the NT-1, which has a 360 degree panoramic monitor - the very first one in fact - installed in his suit. Nathan blocked the attack with his shield, momentarily stopping the blade before it cut through. Nathan then threw off his shield from the suit's arm as it was cut in half. "Bastard! You nearly hit!" Nathan then responded by drawing his left beam saber and cutting the other Gelgoog in half, but this left his back exposed to Uma, who had Nathan's NT-1 lined up in his sights.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

"No you don't!" Carmine came in from behind seeing his opportunity now releasing a Char kick style move towards the Back of Uma's Gelgoog, but just as it went to connect Uma turned around Sheild at the ready, the force of the kick was still enough to send him backwards though Space. "As I'd expect from someone of your caliber and a Newtype no less." Carmine half smirked half gritted his teeth, as he charged the Gelgoog, as it Charged him coming in beam Naginata at the ready "Shame I have to win you're my favorite out of the bunch." he said going in with a punch with his right fist towards the side holding the sheild, it connected with the sheild but not much happened aside from a slight recoil on uma's end but it bought him the split second needed to grab the gelgoog's wrist holing the Naginata using his left arm. The damaged left arm contained it but not without the loud protest of warning Buzzers blaring and messages flashing all over his cockpit. He grit his teeth as he kept as much force as he could up.

"Hold on my Gundam. Bear with me." he urged He let out two kick close range kicks with his right knee at the Gelgoog knocking it off letting go after that the warnings subsiding along side their grappling match, until he held out the left arm and fired off another Connecticut snap blowing out another finger on that arm, down three now igniting the warnings anew. I need to finish this now, getting into too long of a deadlock with him won't be good either way. The burst of energy struck true however taking out the shield Uma had as Uma moved to dodge. Carmine fired off his remaining Vulcans getting Uma to strafe a bit, but it was just a set up, getting him into the right position as he maneuvered around as well There! Perfect distance for this ploy.

"Witness! Witness this machine's burning Brilliance!" He declared as he began charging in readying his right arm for a punch, the flaps on the back and chest Jewel revealed it's self, a white light shone around his Gunpla's right fist. "EMPEROR!" He exclaimed, setting up the emperor fist quite obviously, Uma began moving in as well, dodging left, then right. Suddenly Carmine pulled back the joysticks, "Just kidding!" he grinned he Feinted hitting full thrust backward as he did stopping just short of doom as Uma slashed into nothing but the vacuum of space carmine didn't miss a beat launching upwards the light appeared again but this time around his leg. "PENSYLTUCKY DROP." he spun a back-flip, bringing the leg down right onto Uma's Gelgoog taking it out. "Running on fumes now." he laughed over the team radio, the Emperor burning was pockmarked from the struggles, out of ammo, and didn't have much juice left in it but it still stood triumphantly right hand fist out as if it was waiting for another fight. "Good work on those Gelgoog's Boss." he complimented Nathen. "That machine of yours is quick."

In the spectator Room

Michael was standing up once more, it was all he could do not to try and jump though the virtual monitors as he watched the fight between Uma and Carmine unfold. "Young man this is exactly what I expected of you!" his excitement was palpable, as he fist pumped. "Brilliant, a little rough around the edges over excitement and all, but brilliant none the less, and the showmanship!" he just about squealed his Grin a mile wild as he did obviously excited about his protege's fight.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; April 12, 2018 at 10:41 PM.

“My group was a bunch of goof balls.” Nova said as she opened the door and came back into the private observation room. She corrected herself as soon as she realized the unintentional pun. “Amateurs, I mean. They couldn't keep their cool. By the way, what did I miss?” She hopped into a chair and turned on a view screen.

Soon enough, Kaho as burst through the door in the room. She was panting, having hurried to try to get back after the talk and laps with Sonny. She leaned on her sword, using it like a walking stick until she found a seat. Quickly enough, she caught her breath and began to observe the fight as well, beering at Nova's view screen.

“Lucky me!” Kaho commented with a twinkle in her eye. She hadn't missed everything at all, and in fact was just in time for the Chimera Corps to be launched. This was good part. “Just in time for the climax! It's like I only skipped the commercials.”

“Aren't we going to review the recordings later anyway?” Nova asked the first mate.

“That's just re-runs though, Nova. Every act is better when you watch them live.” Kaho interjected and continued to watch the match with a smile on her face. As the Pensylvania Drop crushed the Gelgoog, Kaho banged her fist on the table. Nova was busy taking notes.

“Yo! Kid saved Gearhead's hide AND took out Uma Lightning!?” She turned around to face Micheal. "Well I be damned... you taught him well, Emps. His name was CJ, right?" First Sonny's team took out the Zams without him with Stella's dogfighting and Rider's wicked strong Exia, and now this? This proved to be a very exciting group of recruits for Kaho. Maybe getting new members wasn't so bad.
    Last edited by Riah; April 13, 2018 at 4:06 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

"Can't give me all the credit, he wasn't half bad when I met him." Michael still grinning. "Also Gearhead did good too, cleared the way for Carmine to get in that close to begin with."

"Running on fumes now." he laughed over the team radio, the Emperor burning was pockmarked from the struggles, out of ammo, and didn't have much juice left in it but it still stood triumphantly right hand fist out as if it was waiting for another fight. "Good work on those Gelgoog's Boss." he complimented Nathan. "That machine of yours is quick."
    "Thanks, but I was just barely hanging on," Nathan said as he floated towards CJ. "This Gundam's specs have been tuned to their maximum output. The downside is that it takes a special kind of pilot to bring out it's full potential. In other words, it's more or less like riding a bucking bronco. If you manage to land a slot on our team kid, you'll find that the suits I create will either make you... or break you."
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    "A sound strategy, I shall join you by providing some covering fire," Nathan said as he dodged the incoming fire from Uma's team of Gelgoogs. "Trenton, I would like for you to cover Sven, to work in tandem with like CJ and I," Nathan communicated to Trenton as he noticed Sven charging in towards Johnny Ridden's Hi-Mobility Gelgoog.

- - - Updated - - -

The Gelgoog dodged not only effortless, but also very quickly, firing back with it's beam rifle at Sven. The three other standard Gelgoogs then surrounded Sven and started firing at him.
    Sven pressed on the attack against Ridden. He made large horizontal swipes followed by rapid stabs. The Gelgoog was faster and accelerated quicker than the Barbatos allowing Ridden to avoid Svens initial attack.
    Shit, I have forgotten the dodge order for this thing.
    He soon spotted additional Gelgoogs moving up behind him. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Suddenly, one of the Gelgoogs exploded. Trentons Sadalsuud flew past him. Huh, this guy really seems to know his stuff.

With one Gelgoog down, the rest Johnny Ridden's squad regrouped formulated a new plan. Now, the squad would use rushdown tactics to attack the two Gundams, with one of the Gelgoogs using covering fire from it's beam rifle to fire at Trenton, while another would pincer it from behind using the beam naginata. The Johnny Ridden Hi-Mobility Gelgoog, then aggressively engaged Sven at close range with its own beam naginata.
    Sven spotted Riddens attack and made a rapid dodge downwards. Ridden pressed his attack, Sven clashed his blade with the beam naginata. The heat of the beam started to melt down Svens sword.

Sven separated Barbatoses right arm arm from the hilt of the swords and used it puch Riddens Gelgoog in the face. The suit was flung backwards fair bit, before Ridden could stabilize.

This is it, this is the distraction I need. Sven lunged forwards, ready to drive his blade through the Gelgoog. Ridden managed to return to optimal stabilization just in time to avoid the game ending strike. Sven continued his failed attack with a another, performing a horizontal swipe again. Ridden dodged again, but this time, Sven was prepared. He used his right arm mortar to hit the Gelgoog as it was recovering from the dodge. This momentary loss of balance made and opening for Sven to strike. With a single clean slash, the Gelgoog was cut in two, followed by and purple colored explosion.

"Don't get me wrong." Kaho shrugged her shoulders and closed her eyes for a moment. "I see the natural talent. And Gearhead has got me out of a few jams myself; don't know what The Force would be without him, really." As matter of fact as she was about it, she did genuinely respect everybody in Fortune's Wild. They had been through a lot together together in the last tournament. And more than that, they were the ones who stayed with the group when others had fled with Shoji and Himari. She learned who she could trust.

Boom! Another explosion, another Gelgoog out of action. Kaho did a fist bump. While it wasn't quite as entertaining as the first time, she was still very much into the match she was watching.

"Even Johnny Ridden went down..." As she said this her hand went down started to stroke her chin. "Very nice!" It wasn't just CJ doing well, the pilot of the Barbatos and the whole of Red team seemed to be doing rather well. Finally, after the disastrous first set of try outs, she was finding some talent in the Red and Orange teams.
    Last edited by Riah; April 16, 2018 at 1:53 AM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Trenton slightly tossed and let go of the Revolve Bazooka to provide a minor distraction as he switched his grip on the Beam Saber to a reverse grip and parried the Gelgoog behind him. Using the point at which the blades met as a fulcrum he pivoted behind and slashed the Gelgoog. Without looking he grabbed the bazooka and with precision fired three rounds into the last oncoming Mobile Suit, taking it out.

"Seems it's done." Michael said "Impressive bladework for a sniper. Reminds me of someone I knew." Michael said remarking impressed about Trenton's swordsmanship. "The reverse grip as well, seems dedicated to the bit. That's the last bit of tryouts isn't it?

----------------------------------

"Thanks, but I was just barely hanging on," Nathan said as he floated towards CJ. "This Gundam's specs have been tuned to their maximum output. The downside is that it takes a special kind of pilot to bring out it's full potential. In other words, it's more or less like riding a bucking bronco. If you manage to land a slot on our team kid, you'll find that the suits I create will either make you... or break you."
    "I can respect that. If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." Carmine replied "At least that's what Mario Andretti said, but I suppose the same could be applied to mobile suits in a sense."