Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post In 2017 alone, there were 3.5 P.Bandai exclusive MG for every standard release.

Thoughtout 2017, there have been six different Master Grades released in standard retail. But when it comes to P-Bandai exclusives, there have been 21 Master Grades. In other words, there have been 3.5x as many P-Bandai Master Grades than there are normally released MGs in 2017 alone. But then again, aside from the Enhanced ZZ conversion kit, every P-Bandai MG released in 2017 was Color and/or Parts variation of previous releases.

This dynamic is also applicable to 2017 HGUC releases, all be it to a lesser degree. There were only 7 HGUC kits that got a standard retail release. There were also 15 P-Bandai exclusive HGUC kits.

Personally, if I ran Bandai, I would rather have more HGUC P-Bandai kits than MG. This is because HGUC kits are more simplistic than Master Grades. More over, this will allow a greater amount of elbow room for Bandai to expand their horizon into making Model Kits based on more obscure Mobile Suits. For example, Bandai could make a P.Bandai exclusive Parts variation of the HGUC RGM-79FP GM Striker, an HGUC RGM-79FC Striker Custom. However, I would like to know your thoughts and opinions.

Re: In 2017 alone, there were 3.5 P.Bandai exclusive MG for every standard release.

How many of those Pbandai MG's were R2/R1 zaku's? Because those were just color and decal swaps.

Re: In 2017 alone, there were 3.5 P.Bandai exclusive MG for every standard release.

What is the point of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Vile View Post
    How many of those Pbandai MG's were R2/R1 zaku's? Because those were just color and decal swaps.
    Only Two from what I can find.

The MS-06R-1A Shin Matsunaga's Zaku II (Custom Type) was released in June of 2017

The MS-06R-1A Masaya Nakagawa's Zaku II was released in August of 2017

The MS-06R-1 Breniss Ox's Zaku II was released in October of 2017

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    I admittedly got lost towards the end, I admit to struggling at making up my own mind. However, I just wanted to emphasize a point pertaining to recent business practices from Bandai.

But then again, I doubt Bandai has malicious intent.
    Last edited by Gouf_Ball; March 16, 2018 at 7:31 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    A question i ask myself for most of his threads lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post

He's trying to be social and instigate discussions but some remediation on quantity, quality, and importance would be beneficial for all.

To help with future thread creations Gouf:

1. Have less
    2. Phrase them as questions in regards to others opinions. Blatantly stating facts doesn't really further discussion.
    3. Make then more fluid. This is a social zone, not a school essay or work report depending on which stage of your life your in.

I'm not trying to attack or be rude. But taking some of these tips may help to further your attempted discussions and prevent others from attacking you.

We're all here for fun and Gundam, so relax and let it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    I ask myself that when I see his and the other guys post.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justicebeaver View Post
    He's trying to be social and instigate discussions but some remediation on quantity, quality, and importance would be beneficial for all.

To help with future thread creations Gouf:

1. Have less
    2. Phrase them as questions in regards to others opinions. Blatantly stating facts doesn't really further discussion.
    3. Make then more fluid. This is a social zone, not a school essay or work report depending on which stage of your life your in.

I'm not trying to attack or be rude. But taking some of these tips may help to further your attempted discussions and prevent others from attacking you.

We're all here for fun and Gundam, so relax and let it happen
    There's nothing wrong with having a discussion, but I do have a issue with when there is a new thread everyday. Especially when things could be condensed or could go in a different thread.

I fully agree with you and I failed to mention that important point; search for relevant threads.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys. I myself am at the same mindset. But, i want gouf to know he's welcomed here and his contributions are from a base of knowledge (and appreciated for said knowledge) he just needs to learn our "culture and etiquette" a bit more before continuing.

Thank you JusticeBeaver & Rxslinger for the helpful advice provided by the two of you.

The reason I have failed in the past to make the questions more fluid is because of how I the mindset I developed from being in college for 4 years and counting. More over, I admit to not even bothering to go beyond the rough draft when it comes to phrasing my questions.

In other worst, have been in the past what is to Gundamforums what Watchmojo is to Youtube. But for now on, I will try my best to be more considerate of the Gundamforums environment.

I might have to go as far as saying that the whole "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" dynamic is not "one size fits all", and thus does not work well with everything.

So, as i try to relax in the meantime, I have some relaxing music to share with y'all.

Maybe he wants this to be a wake up call to the P-Bandai fanboys who defend it to the death.

P-Bandai is there cash machine. They get to charge "some what foolish" individuals 3 times what a normal kit is sopost to cost.

Why would they not want 3x as much profit for the same effort? I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai straight up stopped making "Normal" kits and solely released every model as a P-Bandai exclusive. Why? because Why not?

BRING IT ON FANBOYS! I'm READY FOR YA!!

lol Just messing with you. I know this comment is probably going to trigger a few out there. But its all in fun

Quote Originally Posted by LeDelmo View Post
    Maybe he wants this to be a wake up call to the P-Bandai fanboys who defend it to the death.

P-Bandai is there cash machine. They get to charge "some what foolish" individuals 3 times what a normal kit is sopost to cost.

Why would they not want 3x as much profit for the same effort? I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai straight up stopped making "Normal" kits and solely released every model as a P-Bandai exclusive. Why? because Why not?

BRING IT ON FANBOYS! I'm READY FOR YA!!

lol Just messing with you. I know this comment is probably going to trigger a few out there. But its all in fun
    First of all, that price gap is only applicable to Aftermarket Prices. The actual pricing of P-Bandai is no different than that of regular Releases. A good example is the Master Grade GM Sniper Custom and its color variant. On the P-Bandai shop, the GM Sniper Tenneth A. Jung Custom is 4,320 yen/ (Tax Included/税込), no different than what Bandai Hobby Net says to be the price tag of the regular GM Sniper MG.

Second, some of the kits that get P-Bandai releases are more popular in the west (e.g. the U.K. and the U.S.A.) than in Japan (e.g. anything Gundam Wing). On one hand, those who complain about some of the things Bandai decides to pull the P-Bandai card on are due to cultural differences (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...cansHateTingle). On the other hand, Bandai can come across as inconsiderate of foreign customers, intentionally or not. This does not help matters as Bluefin has barely localized any P-bandai kits until recently.

As for my opinion on Bandai's distribution practices, it seems like that with the exception of Lead Gundam Suits (e.g. the RX-78-2), it seems as if Bandai is just about as consistent as those "Dank Memes" compilation videos on youtube. In the case of the average "Dank Meme" compilation, just by clicking on one is a gamble on how much cringe, pain & suffering, happy feels, lulz, etcetera you are about to be exposed to. As for Bandai, it can seem as if they just use the results of slot machines to determine how retail available an HGUC G-Saviour, for example, would be.

As for what I would do with P-Bandai, I would just save it for stuff like Gaia Gear, Doozy Bots, G-Savior, Gundam X Hyper Guide, etc.

Honestly you're just better off making one giant thread of your thoughts. You really don't need to make a new one for every idea that pops into your head..

Super Moderator

This line of posting/questions feels exactly like when Suiton first started posting online.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

thats exactly who came to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by Iris_Aznable View Post
    thats exactly who came to mind....
    At least I now know I'm not the only who thought of him.