Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253 LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Apologies again for more delays, had a pretty bad weekend, personal/family problems. Doing better now so let's get this ball rolling again.

OK, so I was planning to keep things basic for the first few battles, which makes sense in-game considering we are basically a brand new team. Planned on having the Force operate in 3 separate groups during battles, a 4-man team which includes the Flag MS called "the Deck" and two 3-man teams called "the Black and Red Hands." The Deck's job is to basically protect the Flag MS, while the Hands operate independently as seek and destroy assault teams. There will also be a "Redraw" command, which is basically just switching out members from one Hand to either the Deck or the other hand, or vice versa, to match up better to any changing battle situation.

So what do you guys think? Is this too basic??

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I should mention that being on the Deck team doesn't just mean you are just stuck on babysitting duty. The Deck team still actively participates in the battles and seeks out opponents, it's just that they proceed with more caution and avoid the more unknown areas of the map aka likely to be ambushes and such. Also we will rotate who is on which team.
    I think that this scenario is fine. After all, this is supposed to be a team exercise.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Tactically speaking, the 3-4-3 will show, more often than not, which group has the SVMS-01 and which one is guarded by the other 3. Of course, AEU-09 operations would throw that off.

I like the idea and the theme of the set up but I think Twitch raises a good point, it'll be obvious, or at least become obvious if we stick to it strictly especially since you bet other teams will be reviewing battle footage. But the concept of generally splitting into three teams (not even needing to start split but having an understanding of when the order comes who is in what team to break off from the whole force or a combined hand) is cool as well as shuffling between them, could lead to some interesting combinations and it gave me a new idea for my mid season upgrade I hadn't thought of before as well. Sidenote on Black Hand, I couldn't help but think of the group of the same name connected to the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, but I like it.

Also question on the Berserker system from G gundam is it just gonna be a generic power-up or does it have an effect on the pilot, I'd imagine no on one hand, but on the other hand I remember in the Build Fighters RP we were gonna have it work like in G so figured I'd ask. Guess this also kind of applies to other systems (EXAM, HADES, NT-D sorta)

Habits make you predictable, and predictable makes you vulnerable.

For my above explanation:
    SVMS-01 = Flag
    AEU-09 = False Flag

I was reading it as Enact, was a bit confused. That's a good one though.

I like the feedback, did mention it would only be for the first couple of games, 2-3 at most. Figured it would make sense for the Flag MS to be one of the Veterans, since it's the key to Force Battles. That being said, since most of the Veterans are support types, I think realistically the players with the most ability to defend themselves and assure that we don't lose would be Santi, Paul, and maybe Ronnie or Kaho. Later on, we could open the designated chosen Flag MS to everyone, as we start to get more complex with our tactics and strategy and the Rookies get more experience. Did have a funny situation in mind with Sonny ending up being the Flag MS player in one battle. The enemy would never see it coming lol.

BTW, before I finally kick off the practice, just wanted to know who is still with us. Haven't seen Riah or White Wolf around.

Im still here just waiting for the scene where everyone is showing up lol

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Next post is officially up. Everyone can start trickling into the practice session.

Sorry for not checking in sooner. I kinda thought this had died since it's been like a month. Definitely understand family problems can kill you posting, so no problem, Santi.

I have no problem with the formation. I'm guessing Kaho pays uniquely within the formations system. Maybe she's normally part of the Deck, and with her funnels backing up each Hand? Basically always part of each group simultaneously.

Ugh,not getting enough sleep lately made it take a while for me to post. Lol, I hope Zeta doesn't kill me for that really bad dogfight bit.

Oh, I might have Kaho gift all the new recruits Zaft uniforms as a welcoming gift in the next post or so, but I personally do not care if the characters actually wear them or not.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    Sorry for not checking in sooner. I kinda thought this had died since it's been like a month. Definitely understand family problems can kill you posting, so no problem, Santi.

I have no problem with the formation. I'm guessing Kaho pays uniquely within the formations system. Maybe she's normally part of the Deck, and with her funnels backing up each Hand? Basically always part of each group simultaneously.

Ugh,not getting enough sleep lately made it take a while for me to post. Lol, I hope Zeta doesn't kill me for that really bad dogfight bit.

Oh, I might have Kaho gift all the new recruits Zaft uniforms as a welcoming gift in the next post or so, but I personally do not care if the characters actually wear them or not.
    Yeah, that's what I had in mind for Kaho's place on the formation. Part of the Deck, but at the same time she is doing Recon for the Hands.

Apologies for protracted absence. Had to deal with a vacation to near Rome and busted ankle just two days before takeoff.
    I'll be back on Thursday and try to post....something.

Lähetetty minun SM-G900F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post
    Apologies for protracted absence. Had to deal with a vacation to near Rome and busted ankle just two days before takeoff.

You're vacationing... IN ROMA?! Dom, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Tropen MS-09D View Post

It's all good buddy. We will just say that Rupert and Ronnie were late to the practice meeting and you can catch up then. Sorry to hear about your busted ankle, hopefully it didn't ruin your vacation.

Speaking of vacation, I should mention that me and the missus will be going to visit her family in Romania in August for 4 weeks. They don't have internet service at her parents house anymore, so I won't be able to post. We can either put the RP on hold or I can nominate a Temporary DM and y'all can keep going without me for a chapter or two. Don't mind either way personally. We have 4 alternate Force members for a reason, Santi can miss a match or two and someone else can play as Sonny. We can discuss and decide when the date gets nearer.

I just want to use the big gun, 937 style.

Sorry for another mini-delay, I planned on making my next post Wed, but then stuff came up, and while I was ready to make one on Thursday, Dom mentioned he might of been able to make a post then, so I wanted to wait for him and maybe White Wolf. Gonna move on now, and they can catch up whenever they can.