Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

wait, how exactly will the try outs work? Are they both seperate try outs with different groups? Or is it simultaneous? Because the if they're separate, that makes sense. Because that means others likely have tried out and failed. And just accepting them all together instead of just pickiing and choosing individuals from other try outs can just come down to "We know they work well as a team."

But also if we're just running both separate try outs, I can just do the AI/traps for one group while Ginga does the other, if they want.Just offering since that seems possibley an easier way to do it. And possibly have both Kaho and Santo trying/judgeng out the different groups seperately.

But that's on Ginga. Again, I'm just wondering how we're gonna do this.

- - - Updated - - -lon

Also storywise I do like this set up. Half/most of the team got split off into the Gems. And it's just Kaho, Nathan, Santo, and Sonny as old comrades trying to build the team back up from scratch. I think being an older member of the team even works into Kaho's powerset, since the funnels effectively let her be in more than one place at a time and thus be able to support/help out any lone member or split up group in the team with the funnels. She can aways be there to help out the new members.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

I am gonna keep the tryout mission scenarios a secret for now, but the 76 people that show up will be split up into 3 man teams, with a Veteran each. We have 4 other Veteran NPCs, though I haven't come up with them yet. So those 4, Nathan, and Sonny will be leading 6 teams through the tryout battle simulation, where each team will be assigned a target/goal to accomplish, which will help "win the overall battle."

So there will be multiple run-throughs of the same battle, until we see what all the candidates are made up.

Does that make sense to everyone else? On the tail end of a 10 hour work day, so I might be writing this a bit confusingly.

Makes sense to me, when do we light this candle? XD

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

If it's alright with you Ginga, I'd like to iron out a few things regarding Stella's background.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Makes sense to me, when do we light this candle? XD
    After the first episode of the anime. So like April 4-5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    If it's alright with you Ginga, I'd like to iron out a few things regarding Stella's background.
    Sure. You want to PM me the details?

- - - Updated - - -

Created another one of our Reserve NPCs. Posted his bio. Figured we needed an Edgelord character.

e2e.jpg

I got a chuckle. That you even went with a red and black Crossbone that looked like it has a trenchcoat. And I like the idea that everybody KNOWS. Sounds fun to interact with.

Wait, did he TAKE Himari's number after she left? Because it sounds like something I could imagine a kid doing out of spite or something. Or should I change Himari's number since I had her as #5 when she was in Fortune's Wild.

Himari was 5 of Hearts, Cecil's 5 of Spades.

Separate suits, shouldn't matter if there's a double up.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

True, true.

Still makes me like imagine somebody saying "I really wish we had the OTHER Five right now." when Coldsteel inevitably jobs hard.

That could still be said by one of the other vets. Or thought.

I don't exactly plan on being that much of a team player at the start. Though frankly this is going to be an easy character to play compared to all the others I'm doing.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"

Hmm, good job on the #5 catch. I looked at the Character Bios thread to see what numbers were available, but not the Rivals to see what numbers were formerly taken. I got a good idea tho. I figure Cecil used to be the 10 of Hearts, and he had a schoolboy crush on Himari back in the day. He was crushed when she left the team, and took the number 5 out of spite/to remember her by. By the way, he chose to switch from Hearts to Spades cuz Spades look like upside down hearts and they are black, and he thought that a black upside-down heart was a "deep and badass" symbol of his crushed feelings.

By the way, not everyone on the team is onto Cecil's true age. Sonny of course is clueless, and thinks Cecil is such a cool badass. Even looks up to him like a Senpai.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    I don't exactly plan on being that much of a team player at the start. Though frankly this is going to be an easy character to play compared to all the others I'm doing.
    This is completely fine. Our team isn't gonna be sticking to tight formations or strategies for the most part. Our strength will be our flexibility and ability to improvise and adapt.

lol, with how I wrote Himari's profile I think I kinda implied that it wasn't even a secret within the team that Himari and Kajo were a couple. But neither a girl being taken or a lesbian will stop the heart/horniness of a foolish teenager, I suppose.

On another Kaho note, I wanna say for funsies that she's either already WRITTEN THE TEAM THEIR OWN THEME SONG or will eventually write one. Since she's in a rock band and is the type of person who would totally do that. Whether the team accepts it as their theme song I guess is another matter entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    lol, with how I wrote Himari's profile I think I kinda implied that it wasn't even a secret within the team that Himari and Kajo were a couple. But neither a girl being taken or a lesbian will stop the heart/horniness of a foolish teenager, I suppose.

On another Kaho note, I wanna say for funsies that she's either already WRITTEN THE TEAM THEIR OWN THEME SONG or will eventually write one. Since she's in a rock band and is the type of person who would totally do that. Whether the team accepts it as their theme song I guess is another matter entirely.
    I am OK with the theme song idea. As for Cecil's crush on Himari, he knew about her being with Kaho. It was just a schoolboy crush as I said, wouldn't of known what to do in a relationship even if she was available and willing to be his girlfriend. Just thought she was cute and nice.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, did anyone else want to make a minor NPC to fill up the last 3 spots on the team? I had an idea for one more NPC, but that's about it. That being said, I can come up with the last 2 if no one else wants to make one.

I'd like to reserve one. I'm sure a minor npc will be fine. Do you want a veteran or newbie? But either way I know I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    I'd like to reserve one. I'm sure a minor npc will be fine. Do you want a veteran or newbie? But either way I know I can think of something.
    The rest of the NPCs would preferably be Veterans, but if you really want to do a Newcomer, that's fine too.

I got one. Just hope that as a side character I won't have to use him often.

- - - Updated - - -

*insert smartass grin*

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

"The Scale of Tragedy"