Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 802
  1. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    I think it'd be cool if the Epyon's wings were replaced by the energy absorption claws from the Gold frame amatsu/Nebula Blitz.
    Oohhhhh! I forgot about those. Good call ZRC.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  2. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Across the Stars
    Posts
    14,148

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Very good call. And finished Able Belmont's profile. Just need a sign off on Ginga's part and I'll be good to go

    "Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

    “Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

    Sword Freak

  3. #198
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    The Dutchy of John
    Posts
    1,871

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    I planned for that already. The Gatling Gun Forearms of the Powered GM Cardigan will be modified to instead shoot out bean-shaped energy pellets that replenish the Particle Reserves of his teammates' mobile suits.
    "SENZU BEAN!!!""
    Though for healing I think I have an alternative idea, if you wanna go with it. Well I'm proposing this because it was something in a gundam table themed battle century g game I was in....
    HARO BITS. Naturally, the Haro bits act as repair bots. And they're even still green... because Haro
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun


  4. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    32,008

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Oohhhhh! I forgot about those. Good call ZRC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Very good call. And finished Able Belmont's profile. Just need a sign off on Ginga's part and I'll be good to go
    Aye it's one of my favorite things (well both suits) from the CE. Used them both in the SEED RPs. Also got crafty and used them to syphon from a reactor powered suit of an ally a few times to bypass battery limits a little.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    The GM Cardigan is already a custom build fighters gunpla though. How do you make a custom of a custom? You couldn't buy it in a store. How did they get a hold of Fumina's gunpla? And it feels really sad that some loser is in possesion of her gunpla and likely DOWNGRADED it with a shitty custom.

    And even the that feels wrong to do, incestuous. Recycling build fighters kits for build fighters instead of.... any of the other bajillion mobile suits
    We don't know if Divers is in the same world since it works so differently. Could be like Gunpla Builders was to Build Fighters. Unrelated but similar concept.

  5. #200
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern Cross Isle
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    The GM Cardigan is already a custom build fighters gunpla though. How do you make a custom of a custom? You couldn't buy it in a store. How did they get a hold of Fumina's gunpla? And it feels really sad that some loser is in possesion of her gunpla and likely DOWNGRADED it with a shitty custom.

    And even the that feels wrong to do, incestuous. Recycling build fighters kits for build fighters instead of.... any of the other bajillion mobile suits
    I assumed Build Divers was it's own separate universe from Build Fighters, much like Gunpla Builders was separate from Build Fighters. If you remember, the Beginning Gundam from Gunpla Builders turned up in Build Fighters as the personal suit of Reiji, so the Powered GM Cardigan showing up as one of our characters' Mobile Suits shouldn't be too strange.

    I was assuming Build Fighters Try would turn out to be just a fictional cartoon in the Build Divers universe, and it's featured Gunpla available to purchase in the store, much like Gunpla Builders was a fictional series in Build Fighters, with its Gunpla available to purchase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    We don't know if Divers is in the same world since it works so differently. Could be like Gunpla Builders was to Build Fighters. Unrelated but similar concept.
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Of course if Build Divers turns out to be in the same universe as Build Fighters I will change it. Though Sakai did build the Super Fumina gunpla based on the Powered GM Cardigan, so there is even an in-universe example of someone borrowing from that design already.....

  6. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    32,008

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Honestly even if is the same universe, there was that Zakrello in the shop that was a Rainer crimsoner custom, which implies people who are famous enough have gotten kits printed of their MS as well. People could easily borrow ideas, copy homework so to speak.

  7. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Honestly even if is the same universe, there was that Zakrello in the shop that was a Rainer crimsoner custom, which implies people who are famous enough have gotten kits printed of their MS as well. People could easily borrow ideas, copy homework so to speak.
    If I had to guess, Build Divers either takes further down Build Fighters road, or in an alternate setting. If it's the latter, then it will very much be like the difference between regular Mega Man and Battle Network Mega Man (i.e., same hero but different technological progressions). If it's the former, then that will be interesting because the shift from a physical arena to a digital arena is quite a dramatic change. As far as we saw in Build Fighters, physical arenas powered by Plavsky Particles were the way of the future. Which begs the question: If both series are part of the same universe, why would you shift away from this kind of battle in favor of a digital one?

    On a side note, I got a reply from WhiteWolf. He's not interested in participating in our RP.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  8. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern Cross Isle
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Posted the bio of the DBZ Abridged Krillin homage NPC. Named him Sonny Landis after the voice actors of Krillin in the Funimation dub and Abridged series (Sonny Strait and Nick "Lanipator" Landis respectively). Let me know what you think.

  9. #204
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    I missed the chance for a troll move.....

    Kamen Rider Blade, in the series it's a battle for total survival against monsters called "Undead", the 2 of Hearts Human Undead won then some group fucked things up and restarted the Battle Royale in the modern era. There's also an Undead Joker. If the last Undead remaining is the Joker, then the world ends.


    I should have spent time thinking on how to use that. I regret this, that I do.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  10. #205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern Cross Isle
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    I missed the chance for a troll move.....

    Kamen Rider Blade, in the series it's a battle for total survival against monsters called "Undead", the 2 of Hearts Human Undead won then some group fucked things up and restarted the Battle Royale in the modern era. There's also an Undead Joker. If the last Undead remaining is the Joker, then the world ends.


    I should have spent time thinking on how to use that. I regret this, that I do.
    Is it too late to do whatever you had in mind? As far as I know, no one took the 2 position.

  11. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Oh, I didn't wanna take the Human Undead card. I wanted to use the Joker Undead ability. Like, my avatar shields the system from "Undead" status and when I'm the last player on my team my avatar "glitches", turns into a new one and then I get to say, "I'm an "Undead"....and....a Joker. When the last "Undead" is the Joker, the end of this world starts." then it'd crash the system and either give us a Draw or destroys the record of the match as if it didn't happen.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  12. #207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The California Base
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Posted the bio of the DBZ Abridged Krillin homage NPC. Named him Sonny Landis after the voice actors of Krillin in the Funimation dub and Abridged series (Sonny Strait and Nick "Lanipator" Landis respectively). Let me know what you think.
    I like him. He'll be good comic relief.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    Oh, I didn't wanna take the Human Undead card. I wanted to use the Joker Undead ability. Like, my avatar shields the system from "Undead" status and when I'm the last player on my team my avatar "glitches", turns into a new one and then I get to say, "I'm an "Undead"....and....a Joker. When the last "Undead" is the Joker, the end of this world starts." then it'd crash the system and either give us a Draw or destroys the record of the match as if it didn't happen.
    That... sounds very OP and almost like cheating.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

    "Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

  13. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Floating in a Void behind Time and Space
    Posts
    19,411

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Ironically, the only time it came into play was in a video game world. In Blade, the Joker Undead also sealed the Mantis Undead and Human Undead in it so it could camouflage itself as a human and be a Kamen Rider. However, by the end of the series the Joker having spent so much time as a human didn't want to fulfill his role and wanted Blade to kill him and end the Battle Royale. Blade overused his King card transformation and turned himself into a Joker. Two Joker's put the Battle Royale at a stalemate and made sure that humanity would survive until the end of their time. Then as two immortal Joker's they could finish the Battle Royale.

    Lord of the 1/144 Corps

    Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen


  14. #209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    32,008

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    why would you shift away from this kind of battle in favor of a digital one?
    .
    Complexity. Also proximity. You can be anywhere or anywhere the link systems are to get in and play and play with people from crossed the world, for Gunpla battle you have to be close. Also with giant venues you need go though all the logistics of setting up a tourney. With a digital you don't have to hell you could even use procedural generation to make fields and such so they're always different same goes for venues for the spectators. And since it's all hyper advanced anime future VR, it's like they're actually there, so no real need to be like real E-sports and have big in person conventions and events.

  15. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern Cross Isle
    Posts
    4,173

    Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

    So I picked out the teams for the tryouts. It will be:

    Sonny - Veteran
    Stella - Newcomer
    Kalin - Newcomer
    Simon - Newcomer

    Nathan - Veteran
    Dan - Newcomer
    Carmine - Newcomer
    Rupert - Newcomer

    Santiago and Kaho observing/controlling the enemy AIs that the players will face.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Gundam Build Divers
    By Zeon's RedComet in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 418
    Last Post: December 1, 2018, 7:51 PM
  2. Gundam Build Divers RP???
    By Ginga Bishōnen in forum Role Play
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: March 2, 2018, 11:13 PM
  3. Official Gundam UC (Unicorn) Thread. WARNING SPOILERS!
    By Zeta-G in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: October 29, 2016, 5:12 PM
  4. Official Awakening of the Trailblazer thread. SPOILERS!
    By NanoSpore in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 2, 2011, 8:33 PM
  5. Official Gunpla Builders Beginning G thread. SPOILERS!
    By NanoSpore in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 17, 2011, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •