Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Like, Kalin probably would've done the precursor to what became GBN and been one of the first people to switch over. Like, seems like it would've been a thing during high school and something he could do with friends at that time. So he wouldn't be some beginning like my bio says. I kinda assumed GBN was like a new thing, not something that's been around.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

I think the tournament shown in the prologue is like the 14th, dunno if those are annual or not though, also IDK if it included the old style battling.

From the time the prologue dropped to the time this RP got suggested was a while. Some things end up getting forgotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Changed Kalin's bio up to reflect new information.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Fair enough I only remembered it while looking up for a post awhile ago to get a rough idea if it's been around awhile.

As for the old style battle, Michael probably got his start there as well. Dunno if I'll add it. Also IDK if I suggested this idea or not, but I've had it for awhile, we should have a mission where the suits on both sides for a fight are swapped to SD versions, same load out and all but some computer shenanigans done by the organizers make it so SD's become normal and visa versa and we have to deal with the completely swapped proportions. could be fun.

So just been waiting for Dom to make his post, and wondering if White Wolf is gonna come back or not. Gonna skip ahead to the following night, to our first team practice, so if anyone wants to post something before then, please do so.

sounds like a plan. I'd like to finish up that convo between Able and the team and I'll be ready for "later that night" :P

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

BTW, it's gonna be tomorrow night, the team practice. Worded that a bit incorrectly.

So anyone got thoughts on the new stuff from the latest Build Divers episodes, aka Force Rewards after battles and the ability to get parts schematics after wins that you can print out in real life. Personally I don't think it changes much, though giving out free parts seems counter-intuitive for a toy company like Bandai. Losing money by giving out free parts when they can just P-Bandai them and make that money.

Honestly? Its sounding like you can design your own stuff but you got to pay for the service and plastic which is t he mainstay (And Gof, an NPC ill be introducing later on as a sort of Gunpla-Weapons smith, would see it as lazy since hes an old school kind of guy. Though in this guys' case his quality kind of reinforces his arguments lol) but yeah its sounding like the mainstay is you traditionally pay for the printing but in Force battles like that you earn a free sprue of parts which honestly is not a bad idea so long as you make the difficulty rating high enough that the risk equals reward.

I would also imagine that Bandai is making so much money off of sponsorships via GBN that the parts are incredibly cheap including the older kits lol.

I'm also liking as stated in my post in the official Divers thread im liking how they are taking their time and caring for the world building and making this kind of world I WANT to live in. Seriously between this and the Fighters Universe...I'd rather live here! This is a Gunpla enthusiasts dream! lol

also and finally @Ginga, you ninjaed me lol I think I'll leave Simon off before the scene cut of him watching Able's semifinals fight if that would work?

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

I have nothing new to post.

Sorry for the delay, literally had no time or investment for RPing for the last week or so (not helped by the absolutely burning hot weather, 26 degrees Celsius in mid May at these latitudes....sheesh)

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    wondering if White Wolf is gonna come back or not.
    Just FYI, I sent WhiteWolf a message that soon we will be having our first practice session.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    So anyone got thoughts on the new stuff from the latest Build Divers episodes, aka Force Rewards after battles and the ability to get parts schematics after wins that you can print out in real life. Personally I don't think it changes much, though giving out free parts seems counter-intuitive for a toy company like Bandai. Losing money by giving out free parts when they can just P-Bandai them and make that money.
    I think it makes things slightly more accessible for crazy customization, could also make neat prize weapons and clothes with it at the least I imagine. I imagine if you just want to print something out that isn't something like a reward or promotional item, you have to pay. Honestly I was more impressed by the Kapool than anything that gave me more ideas than the 3D printing.

As I said in the pm I sent to Ginga, I have been trapped in thunderstorm hell . My computer has been off for almost a week now cause of it. Right now I might have a chance to post from it tomorrow unless yall don't mind cell-based auto correct lol.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I got sick and didn't have the energy for posting. Gonna do a timeskip to the next day and the start of practice, tonight, so if anyone wants to make a post before that, please do so.

I'm good to go lol

Sword Freak