Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647 LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post
    I suggested Cheramai Leigh (Claudia in Thunderbolt, Kudelia in IBO, Cagilli in the new Seed dub) for Stella but that's up to Zeta.
    You forgot to mention that Cheramai Leigh is also the voice of Sailor Venus (in the new Viz dub) and (arguably her most iconic role) Lucy Heartfilia. As for Cheramai as Stella... eh, maybe. Personally, I think that Stella would have the voice of either Michelle Ruff, Wendee Lee, or Luci Christian.

As for Nathan, I think that Yuri Lowenthal would be a good choice, but only upbeat Lowenthal and not melancholy Lowenthal.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Huh...Not bad choices for Stella though Tara Platt is another choice and would work well against yuri Lowenthal imo

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Carmine: Justin Briner (because Deku)
    Emp: Christopher Sabat (because All Might)
    Carmine's could work I suppose, though honestly never liked Sabat much beyond his DBZ voices because they all remind me of either Piccolo of Vegeta too much and not enough and I can't get past it nothing against him just my own childhood working against me. If I had to choose, it'd probably be Kirk Thornton for him (Origin Ral and Gato) He has a good voice for sounding mentor like. If I had to pick a VA that's done gundam stuff for Carmine, it'd be Steve Staley, mostly because of Banahger and Seabook's voices are two of my favorite. Honestly he does Teenage voice better than most english VA's.

ZRC, who would voice Trenton?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ZRC, who would voice Trenton?
    Young Mel Gibson, with his Australian accent. At least in the game. Unless Dan is aussie as well.

I was going to go with James Arnold Taylor and his Captain Rex Badassery but that is a good choice as well XD

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Young Mel Gibson, with his Australian accent. At least in the game. Unless Dan is aussie as well.
    Man, did you mention this during the 00 RP? Gonna be reading Trenton's lines in a whole new light now. Sigh, I really wish Char would magically show up. The 00 Part II would of been so epic and awesome. Had so many big plans.

BTW, as for the VAs of my PCs:
    Santi = Nathan Fillion (His Castle voice, as opposed to his Malcolm Reynolds. Tho he will occasionally slip into a Southern-y accent that will sound Mal-esque)
    Sonny = Lanipator aka DBZA Krillin
    Shojiro = Chuck Huber (Hiei from YuYu Hakusho and Android 17 from DBZ)
    E.V. = As stated in her bio, just a generic, slightly robotic French accent. Only speaks in GBN tho, as she can't in real life.
    Athena = Janet Varney (Korra from the Legend of Korra)

Holy Gundam Scrolls this is such an ensemble cast! XP

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Man, did you mention this during the 00 RP?
    I don't think I did. Partially because usually I don't think of VA's for most of my characters and just kinda have voices in my head he just happened to be one of the rare exceptions where I did have something in my mind, also because figure I just leave it upto everyone's imaginations.

So for a while now, I've been think of some ideas for Gunpla that Nathan has in his arsenal; after all, he's a builder and not that much of a fighter. Here's one that I came up with:

Gunpla: TS-MA3S Swordfish III

Armaments: 4x 20mm wing-mounted machine cannons, 1x plasma beam cannon mounted on rotating turret. A total of four missiles can be mounted on external hardpoints on the wings.

Special Features: This Gunpla uses the TS-MA2Mod.00 Moebius Zero mobile armor as a base, but it has been extensively modified to look like the Swordfish II from Cowboy Bebop. For power, it uses an ultra-compact fusion reactor connected to directly to a single afterburning thruster. This thruster though has a vectored-thrust nozzle that allows for V/STOL flight. On the body, various apogee motors have been added on to increase this MA's maneuverability to put it on par with that of a MS's. The gunpods have been removed in favor of two wings that can allow this MA to achieve atmospheric flight and reentry; additional, external drop tanks can be mounted to further extend flight time. The wings can also fold up to allow for easy storage. A 360 degree monitor has been installed to allow for its pilot have clear panoramic visibility.
    Last edited by Zeta; May 13, 2018 at 3:05 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Oh, I'm wondering if maybe Chapter three or four or whatever could maybe focus on the Hidden Gems a bit? Like get a scene or two of them together and get an idea of how the big rival group functions as a team.Could certainly be a short chapter. But especialy since I kinda mentioned Himari not eactly respecting Shoji as a leader and Ginga said he looks forward to her calling him out on his bullshit, I'd like to maybe see Shoji be a total jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    You forgot to mention that Cheramai Leigh is also the voice of Sailor Venus (in the new Viz dub) and (arguably her most iconic role) Lucy Heartfilia. As for Cheramai as Stella... eh, maybe. Personally, I think that Stella would have the voice of either Michelle Ruff, Wendee Lee, or Luci Christian.

As for Nathan, I think that Yuri Lowenthal would be a good choice, but only upbeat Lowenthal and not melancholy Lowenthal.
    I'm well aware of those roles. I just specifically only mentioned the Gundam roles for every VA except for ZRC's BnHA inspired ones because it's a Gundam thing and it'd take forever to label every really big role every one of those VAs has done. Like my first thoughts for Kari Wahlgreen's roles are Kagami from Lucky Star and Haruko from FLCL, not Annamarie from Gundam F91.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Carmine's could work I suppose, though honestly never liked Sabat much beyond his DBZ voices because they all remind me of either Piccolo of Vegeta too much and not enough and I can't get past it nothing against him just my own childhood working against me. If I had to choose, it'd probably be Kirk Thornton for him (Origin Ral and Gato) He has a good voice for sounding mentor like. If I had to pick a VA that's done gundam stuff for Carmine, it'd be Steve Staley, mostly because of Banahger and Seabook's voices are two of my favorite. Honestly he does Teenage voice better than most english VA's.
    Fair enough. I shouldn't have assumed the BnHA voices would be the ones you'd imagine/want.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Oh, I'm wondering if maybe Chapter three or four or whatever could maybe focus on the Hidden Gems a bit? Like get a scene or two of them together and get an idea of how the big rival group functions as a team.Could certainly be a short chapter. But especialy since I kinda mentioned Himari not eactly respecting Shoji as a leader and Ginga said he looks forward to her calling him out on his bullshit, I'd like to maybe see Shoji be a total jerk.
    I was actually going to have Shoji make his in-RP debut at the end of the chapter, tho it will just be a quick 1 on 1 conversation with Santi. I was going to have the Hidden Gems make their debut as a team properly in chapter 6, with it being the first time we square off against them. I supposed we could do a short scene with them in battle before then. I actually know just the place in the storyline.

BTW, Shoji is an arrogant jerk off the battlefield, but he is also pretty solid leader and gifted strategist when in battle, tho he has the tendency to bark orders and be a bit demeaning, expecting his team to quick do whatever he wants them too. No one would of followed him out of Fortune's Wild during the split if he was a totally irredeemable and incompetent jerkass of a leader after all.

Shoji also is the best Fighter of my PCs, being #14 in the world ATM. Athena is #22, Santi was #37 years ago when he was still mostly a solo player, now he is only top 100, maybe like around the 70s-80s. The rest of my PCs don't scratch the top 400 or so.

I never really thought much about where my guys all rank. Michael would easily be the highest out of them especially in solo stuff if it was only factored though, only one that's well known out of my PC's. Lady Stardust is the lowest but she's been doing it the shortest time, though. Probably relatively middling, nothing super known but not bottom of the barrel.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. I shouldn't have assumed the BnHA voices would be the ones you'd imagine/want.
    It's fine they were the safe assumption. Honestly though given what I found out about another roll Deku's English VA does it'd of made my Nobel Refrence I was gonna do a bit better.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; May 11, 2018 at 11:58 PM.

Sounds like I have to change Kalin's ranking up, I thought being a top 500 ranking player was good enough. He's pretty much been solo only since he started. Since more about the world gets released with each new episode my bio isn't really lining up much anyways.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Given the ranking and such, I'd have to say Simon had the potential to hit at least the top 100s since he had been doing this since he was 10 years old. However He went into a self imposed exile at 18 after his sis' accident ergo he blew any chances at the time. Its only now he's come back into it and has been doing it for a year...As stated he's still the veteran but due to the fact he's been out of the game for almost 7 years he's a bit rusty, but there was a time he could have been ranked pretty high

as for Able, he's been in this for 3 years and as said in his bio he's had a meteoric rise due to his reflexes and skill. Not to mention he's infectiously likable, Don't know where'd I'd put him in rank till I take him to the battlefield but I'd say hes' getting there :P

Sword Freak