Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Meowth

So how is the next round going to play out aside from expositioning the MS lives of our characters? Are we going to do missions out of the gate or is this going to be more of a training exercise.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Meowth

So how is the next round going to play out aside from expositioning the MS lives of our characters? Are we going to do missions out of the gate or is this going to be more of a training exercise.
    A bit of both. Sorry for the delay, busy days at work. Should slow down tonight. Will make my post then.

Are people able to receive messages while not in the GBN? Or are we just saying that they can?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Are people able to receive messages while not in the GBN? Or are we just saying that they can?
    Are you referring to Stella and Nathan's exchange? Cuz they are real life friends and I think Zeta mentioned it was a cellphone text message between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Are you referring to Stella and Nathan's exchange? Cuz they are real life friends and I think Zeta mentioned it was a cellphone text message between them.
    Precisely.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

And that ladies and gentlemen is not only my eulogy to a great hobby store, but my intro to Able

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

No, others have received messages while not in the GBN.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    No, others have received messages while not in the GBN.
    I assumed I could link my email to my GBN account so that even when I'm offline it'd let me know I have a message. And since IRL I can check my email on my phone, feels like an easy jump to be able to check messages from GBN on a phone thru some type of app.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

I was under the impression they were E-mails.

Well unless we see it dismissed officially by the show at some point, I don't see the harm in saying we can link our GBN account with our email. Don't know any games that allow you to do that personally, but then again, outside of League of Legends a few years ago, I have never been much of an online gamer.

Well unless we see it dismissed officially by the show at some point, I don't see the harm in saying we can link our GBN account with our email. Don't know any games that allow you to do that personally, but then again, outside of League of Legends a few years ago, I have never been much of an online gamer.
    We're in a world where plastic models can be scanned and used in a VRMMO, what we've suggested seems more than reasonable as far as tech improvements go.

Or am I the only one who remembers when the cell phones started to introduce smartphones as the norm?

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    We're in a world where plastic models can be scanned and used in a VRMMO, what we've suggested seems more than reasonable as far as tech improvements go.

Or am I the only one who remembers when the cell phones started to introduce smartphones as the norm?
    Yeah, exactly. Not trying to say that your idea is far-fetched, I actually quite like it and it will be a good way for us to communicate easier as teammates.

I just mentioned this cuz I am genuinely curious if anyone knows a current video game where your in-game messages get sent to your email. It seems like it would be an easy enough system to implement, and a handy one. Nothing like that in WoW or something??

I remember quite well when smartphones first came out. As someone who grew up with a corded house phone, and didn't get his first flip phone until he was 16, it actually trips me out sometimes how fast technology has improved and developed in the past decade.

I would still own a flip phone if not for a 2010 Black Friday deal that Verizon had. It was a buy one, get one Droid Incredible free; it was too good to pass up.

Since Kenico introduced Able I figure I'd do the same with Himari and get Kaho ready for when our Nexus stuff starts.

Sweetwater is based on reading about the Code-G gunpla cafe in Seongnam, but I'm sure there's many others like it in Japan. Obviously named it after the colony in CCA.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Decided to kind of follow suit and introduce Diane now, as well as one of her sisters, the one she's closest too and helped build her Gunpla. I may make a bio for her, but she's mostly gonna be a side NPC here and there.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I hope it's cool that I use that nobel for the training, figured the damage would take more than a day to fix, since it seems there is some sort of actual damage from the line episode two or three where Riku was asked if he had fixed the 00 Diver yet. Though that could of meant modification of some sort since I thought it was odd there is damage in it at all, so I'll leave that to you to decide Ginga, if there's no damage IRL I'll just edit my post, but if there is I'll use it.