Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24247484950515253 LastLast

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

All good. I'm getting prepared for big things myself sot tyt lol

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

TBH it's kinda whatever to me. Not good IRL times for me.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Hey guys, sorry about the longer delay than anticipated. To make a long story short, I managed to injury my legs pretty badly running down a hill on Tuesday. I'm OK now, but it led to a slow down at work and doing errands at home, so I fell behind on stuff. Will try to restart tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Hey guys, sorry about the longer delay than anticipated. To make a long story short, I managed to injury my legs pretty badly running down a hill on Tuesday. I'm OK now, but it led to a slow down at work and doing errands at home, so I fell behind on stuff. Will try to restart tomorrow.
    Hey, take it easy man. Just relax and recover at your own pace.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Sooo... how is your recovery going Ginga?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Sooo... how is your recovery going Ginga?
    The recovery was good, but then I got sick again. Fell pretty behind at work, been trying to catch up. Nearly there, will try to start things up before the weekend. Finally got enough free time to watch the latest 3 Build Divers episodes, and it fired me up a bit. Good world building on this show, too bad it's only a 25 episode series. Feels more like it should be a 100+ episode series, since they going the slow burn approach to it.

The recovery was good, but then I got sick again. Fell pretty behind at work, been trying to catch up. Nearly there, will try to start things up before the weekend. Finally got enough free time to watch the latest 3 Build Divers episodes, and it fired me up a bit. Good world building on this show, too bad it's only a 25 episode series. Feels more like it should be a 100+ episode series, since they going the slow burn approach to it.
    Yeah it does feel like they're taking their sweet time, despite being over half way though and not really touching the main plot. It's been a fun slice of life esq thing though which is where the build shows shined. That said yeah allot of things that seem like neat ideas to implement here like alliances and the real estate thing especially from last episode.

So before we restart the RP, want to outline the mission better. So each team will encounter 3 generators and 3 force field gates on their routes, with the generators coming before each gate. The Generators from the Deck route will turn off the gates for the Red Hand route, the generators for the Red Hand turns off the gates for the Black Hand route, and Black Hand turns off for the Deck route. The teams will try to have to move at a quick but steady pace through their routes, fighting off random enemies along the way. Move too fast and you run the risk of getting stuck before a still active gate with more enemies respawning or having enemies you didn't finish off or tried to just run past hitting you at a later part of the route. Move too slow and you will not only be leaving another team stuck in front of their own gate, but the AI system will also start spawning more enemies to try to overwhelm you.

The Deck route consists of a narrow-ish set of canyons and more open valley areas, with plenty of overhanging rock platforms for hidden snipers and what not.

The Red Hand route consists of a much wider canyon route with some twists and hairpin turns, plenty of room for the Flyers in our team to maneuver. Not only will enemy MSs be around, but also cannons built into the canyon walls and on the ground. Basically think of this route as a "shoot 'em up game" come to life. Ronnie and Sven will be equipped with Base Jabbers or Dodais or some other flight platforms to keep up with Stella and Nathan. The route will be longer than the others, to make up for the fact that you will be moving at faster speeds.

The Black Hand route will consist of underground caverns, with an underground lake and it's underwater cave system being in the middle of that route. Enemies will try to ambush from behind cover a lot and space could get limited at times.

Will leave what enemies pop up to each team in their routes, tho I expect Air-based MS to appear in the Red Hand route and close combat MS to appear in the Black Hand route. Guarding each generator will be some souped up Ace MS and/or elite team.

Any questions?

So before we restart the RP, want to outline the mission better. So each team will encounter 3 generators and 3 force field gates on their routes, with the generators coming before each gate. The Generators from the Deck route will turn off the gates for the Red Hand route, the generators for the Red Hand turns off the gates for the Black Hand route, and Black Hand turns off for the Deck route. The teams will try to have to move at a quick but steady pace through their routes, fighting off random enemies along the way. Move too fast and you run the risk of getting stuck before a still active gate with more enemies respawning or having enemies you didn't finish off or tried to just run past hitting you at a later part of the route. Move too slow and you will not only be leaving another team stuck in front of their own gate, but the AI system will also start spawning more enemies to try to overwhelm you.

The Red Hand route consists of a much wider canyon route with some twists and hairpin turns, plenty of room for the Flyers in our team to maneuver. Not only will enemy MSs be around, but also cannons built into the canyon walls and on the ground. Basically think of this route as a "shoot 'em up game" come to life. Ronnie and Sven will be equipped with Base Jabbers or Dodais or some other flight platforms to keep up with Stella and Nathan. The route will be longer than the others, to make up for the fact that you will be moving at faster speeds.
    Sounds good, also thanks for the recap and the update. Personally though, I would prefer if you the GM would send enemies at us.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I understand the gist of it all. Agreeing with Zeta that I'd rather have the GM launch whichever enemy suits are coming at us. Too many option to pick from.

As for those in the flying side of things. Someone use the Flying Armor!

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/FXA-00_Flying_Armor

Look at that sexy thing. Make me want to GN condenser one up.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

I'll call the Flying armor and just need to know whose on what Hand in the Deck.

Btw I won't be able to respond on the 31st and the 1st. Maybe the 2nd. im moving to an apartment and I'll be out of commission (hence probably why I haven't been speaking much XD)

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

This missions sounds cool to me.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    I'll call the Flying armor and just need to know whose on what Hand in the Deck.

Btw I won't be able to respond on the 31st and the 1st. Maybe the 2nd. im moving to an apartment and I'll be out of commission (hence probably why I haven't been speaking much XD)
    I would like to concur with this mans statement in who's in which group(I kinda forgot....)

The team make up is...

Deck: Santi, Kaho, Trenton, Sonny
    Red Hand: Kat, Gearhead, Sven, Ronnie
    Black Hand: Nova, Grayson, CJ, R1D3R
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Quote Originally Posted by Riah View Post