Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 52 1234561151 ... LastLast

[RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Hello there folks,
    With the premiere of Build Divers a little more than a month away, I figured we could start planning out and discussing the upcoming RP. I will make a Character Profile thread later for posting your characters.

First things first, I saw that most of us would prefer that we would all be on one team/Force, so that's the way it will be. I had an idea in mind for the theme/motif of our team, and that would be poker/playing cards. The team name would be "Stacked Deck" and each of us would have a call sign based off the 14 card faces (Numbers 2-10, plus King, Queen, Jack, Ace, and Joker). You also add whatever Card Suit (Spades, Hearts, Clubs, or Diamonds) you want to your Call Sign. For example, the Three of Clubs or the Jack of Diamonds. By the way, if you want to call dibs on a particular Card Face, you should start now since first come, first serve. Only one Card Face per team please. (PS I call dibs on "King")

That means we would have 10 regular members during the Force Battles, and 4 reserve members. We had 8 people interested in joining so far, but we could end up with more, so if anyone wants to play 2 or more PCs, the non-main PCs would have to be either a reserve member or someone not on the team.

There will also be roles on the team. For example, Heavy Weapons, Sniper, Close Combat, Recon/Scout, Communications, Etc. You can be an All-Rounder/Generalist if you want to tho.

Finally, I figured we would open the RP with basically our team having an open tryout. Some of us can be "Veterans" on the team, while others can be Newcomers. The team itself has only been around for a year or so, but is starting to make a name for itself.

Let me know if you have any questions/suggestions/concerns. I am also open for a better team name suggestion. Stacked Deck was the best Poker-themed name I could think of, other than "Fortune's Wild."

Re: [RP] Gundam Build Divers Official Discussion Thread

Hmm... I like the team name (both are pretty good but I'm partial to Fortune's Wild as Stacked Deck implies cheating is used). I was thinking of taking the moniker Ace of Spades. For my character, I was thinking about taking up a generalist approach, but also specking into mobility traits to be a Fast Attacker. So for this, my character will be using a transforming type mobile suit (such as the Zeta-type, the Wing line, the Delta-type, or the Saviour) or something out of the Formula line (like the F91). I'll also take up a rookie role. Part of my reason for this choice is because my character is not inherently a Gundam fan. They are more of an aviation person, and is using the Diver Nexus as therapy (think like Sinon from Sword Art Online).

- - - Updated - - -

I also had another character concept who could act as a coach/mechanic/IRL-best-friend for my primary character. They could be somewhat of a veteran in that they've made the team, but always ends up in the reserves and never gets to join the fight. However, they're one helluva Gunpla builder so they stick around to help the team with maintenance and is quite knowledgeable about Gundam. His callsign could be Black Joker. And if this is sounding familiar, yes I am indeed going for a Sei & Reiji dynamic duo.

Edit: I kept the pronouns vague as I haven't decided on my characters' genders yet.
    Last edited by Zeta; March 2, 2018 at 7:16 AM.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Hmm... I like the team name (both are pretty good but I'm partial to Fortune's Wild as Stacked Deck implies cheating is used). I was thinking of taking the moniker Ace of Spades. For my character, I was thinking about taking up a generalist approach, but also specking into mobility traits to be a Fast Attacker. So for this, my character will be using a transforming type mobile suit (such as the Zeta-type, the Wing line, the Delta-type, or the Saviour) or something out of the Formula line (like the F91). I'll also take up a rookie role. Part of my reason for this choice is because my character is not inherently a Gundam fan. They are more of an aviation person, and is using the Diver Nexus as therapy (think like Sinon from Sword Art Online).

- - - Updated - - -

I also had another character concept who could act as a coach/mechanic/IRL-best-friend for my primary character. They could be somewhat of a veteran in that they've made the team, but always ends up in the reserves and never gets to join the fight. However, they're one helluva Gunpla builder so they stick around to help the team with maintenance and is quite knowledgeable about Gundam. His callsign could be Black Joker. And if this is sounding familiar, yes I am indeed going for a Sei & Reiji dynamic duo.

Edit: I kept the pronouns vague as I haven't decided on my characters' genders yet.
    Sounds good, though I would ask that you keep the Joker call sign open for now. I figured the non-numbered call signs would be the most popular, so I was going to ask that any non-main PC stick to the numbers until everyone gets a first pick.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I felt the same way about the name "Stacked Deck," as in it implies that we are cheaters. Maybe we should go with "Fortune's Wild" for now unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Sounds good, though I would ask that you keep the Joker call sign open for now. I figured the non-numbered call signs would be the most popular, so I was going to ask that any non-main PC stick to the numbers until everyone gets a first pick.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I felt the same way about the name "Stacked Deck," as in it implies that we are cheaters. Maybe we should go with "Fortune's Wild" for now unless someone else has a better suggestion.
    Alright, I'll leave the Joker callsign open. Instead I'll go with Eight of Spades (there's a pun in the choice of the cards I picked, see if you can pick up on it) for the non-main PC. And yeah, "Fortune's Wild" sounds better than "Stacked Deck".
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Alright, I'll leave the Joker callsign open. Instead I'll go with Eight of Spades (there's a pun in the choice of the cards I picked, see if you can pick up on it) for the non-main PC. And yeah, "Fortune's Wild" sounds better than "Stacked Deck".
    Hmm, the Dead Man's Hand eh? I dig it.

http://kamenrider.wikia.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Blade

Ten thousand years ago, a massive battle known as the Battle Royal was fought by fifty-two demons known as the Undead, each representing a species fighting for dominance over all others. The winner was the Human Undead, known as Category Two of Hearts, giving dominion of the Earth to humanity. In the present day, archaeologists discover the sealed Undead, and accidentally set them free. Thus, a new Battle Royal begins.

Having developed the Rider System, based on the Joker's ability to copy sealed Undead, the organization BOARD (Board Of Archaeological Research Department) equips two young men, who become Kamen Riders: Kazuma Kenzaki and Sakuya Tachibana fight together as Kamen Rider Blade and Kamen Rider Garren to protect humans from Undead and seal them. Also fighting Undead is the mysterious Chalice, a Kamen Rider whose purpose is unknown. In addition, a young man struggles to free himself from the control of the sealed Undead powering his own Undead-made Rider System, fighting as Kamen Rider Leangle.
    This feels like it could be relevant. I mean, damn are there a few coincidences.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    Hmm, the Dead Man's Hand eh? I dig it.
    Ah-Ha! This guy gets it.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

By the way, I plan to use the same Mobile Suit I was going to use in the Build Fighters RP, my personal Kitbash, the Hyaku Shiki Valiente.

GIL_5243.jpg

GIL_5233 (1).jpg

GIL_5256.jpg

I might bring back some of my old designs, but in the beginning I want my primary character to start out with a plain (but sturdily constructed) Delta Plus. However, this is a bit deceptive as while the kit itself is basic, because of my primary character's background - as soon as they turned 18, they got their actual pilot's license before their driver's license - he/she displays incredible pilot competency skills that would rival most Gunpla Battle veterans (and even some aerobatic pilots).
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I poke/card theme is neat. I do wanna bring up that I think at least some of the player characters should pick the same cards as the Shuffle Alliance. I guess because it'd be a nice reference we pulling a "SHUFFLE ALLIANCE ATTACK!" during a match or two would be lovely. And as such I'd kinda like to reserve Queen of Spades.

There's a character I did have in mind, already made a character sheet for her for another build fighters RP that never took off. Basically somebody who treats gunpla battles as a game and more concerned sorta their own enjoyment and putting on a good show for the spectators than actually winning. Outside of gunpla, she has a very shitty office job, probally in her early-mid twenties, and is part of a local rock band. Basically trying to establish somebody with a life and passions outside of gunpla, but it still enthusiastic about it. I had her be into gunpla since she was in middle school, but wasn't any good at it until recently. I can change that and have her be one of the veterans on the team though. I think I likely should.

For battle role I originally had her be a close combat type with a Gastima custom, but I can change that to whatever ya'll need. I'm not stuck on that.

I might bring back some of my old designs, but in the beginning I want my primary character to start out with a plain (but sturdily constructed) Delta Plus. However, this is a bit deceptive as while the kit itself is basic, because of my primary character's background - as soon as they turned 18, they got their actual pilot's license before their driver's license - he/she displays incredible pilot competency skills that would rival most Gunpla Battle veterans (and even some aerobatic pilots).
    I just found this Montero custom I think you might be interested in. It's basically a kitbash of the Montero with a A-10 Thunderbolt. Ie it's a combination of a gunpla and a model of a real airplane, mainly using the Thunderbolt's weaponry. So I think that seems really appropriate for your character? Obviously keep the Delta if you want it. But I figure this might be something you'd wanna consider.
    https://imgur.com/gallery/DWwjB

- - - Updated - - -

Oh second though I'm a bit interested in running THIS G Lucifer based kitbash. https://imgur.com/a/UwBOf#lvroz8Q
    What kind of team role would funnels/bits mean? Sniper? Support fire? Scout? Because I could see it being all three. Or would it just be classified as Newtype/Psychommu/Funnlels? so I guess either that or a close combat type.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

My character is gonna start out as a bit of a dick. A high school drop out whom after possessing a unhealthy streak of bad habit is trying to use Gunpla as a more safe hobby to get back on his feet. Being someone whom often obsesses over things, he is set on becoming good at the battle. Even if he isn't always the best or the most coolheaded.

I already picked the suits I want to use. That's if we can use multiples.

Barbatos Schwerkämpfer (Swordsman)

Qanta Roter Ritter (Red Knight.)

He is a CQC guy through and through. Swordplay is his key strength.

I would like to reserve "9", please. My main character wouild be Recon/Scout sniper or main sniper, depending on what they used.

I like we already seem to have...
    Heavy Weapons
    Speedster / Hit and Run (Ace of Spades)
    Sword fighter / Close Combat
    Funnels / Long Range (Support fire?) (Queen of Spades)
    Sniper /Scout (9)

Also I'd like to add my vote to Dead Man's Hand as the team name.
    Last edited by Riah; March 3, 2018 at 5:00 PM.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

Vote for the Dead Man's Hand from me. And I call dibs on 6 of Spades.

My vote is on "Fortune's Wild." Personally I think "Dead Man's Hand" would be a better name if we just had 5 members, since that would equal an actual poker hand.

Glad to see this thread starting to get some posts. Gonna make the Character Bio thread when I get home tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering what we should do for the overall storyline for the RP. I was thinking we could keep it basic and in line with the anime for the first few chapters, but after that I had a few ideas.

- One is that we keep going with the anime and just build up to entering the Battle Tournament and keep it grounded in the canon.

- Two is that we find out that the whole Gunpla Diver system was just a test to find capable pilots to fight off an upcoming alien invasion (Basically the movie The Last Starfighter)

- Three would be that we get teleported into the Game World (ala dot Hack Sign or Sword Art Online) and we got to find our way back to the Real World.