Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Question What was the most difficult build for a Gundam Model Kit (based on your experience)

Out of every Gundam model kit you have ever built, which one had the most difficult, complex, and/or frustrating building process behind it?

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

Re: What was the most difficult build for a Gundam Model Kit (based on your experienc

For me it was the Meteor Unit. That thing just did not want to be built. But I think it had more to do with Murphy's law than the kit itself. The paint would not go on right, or if it did I would then see that something got in the wet paint and dried. Or parts would just "snap" by looking at them to hard.I finally just put it back in the box, never to open again. Well for now anyway.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/

Re: What was the most difficult build for a Gundam Model Kit (based on your experienc

This recent Gyan nearly pushed me to sell all my equipment and drop the hobby out of shame of being this big of a failure.

Kinda like Monkey it was a case of everything going wrong. Otherwise the MG Gyan is a good kit.

Toss between the MG Wing TV or HMM Lighning Saix. Literally everything went to crap with the Wing and I hate myself for it. Good runner up is MG God Gundam, everything went wrong with that one as well.

I think mines been the same issues as others here; Murphy's law and bad luck.

RG Wing Zero Custom...uhh...Custom was nothing but broken pieces, mysterious painting errors, and misfitting parts for me.

Besides it, all the others been pretty pleasant.

I bought a bootleg MG Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode, which was a gigantic pain in the button to build and made me never go near bootleg models ever again. The plastic was so cheap and brittle that it snapped on half a dozen parts before I was even halfway through building it. Even after moving and building at a slower and more careful pace, several more parts broke before I was done. Had to super glue the left arm basically into one position to make up for the damaged parts, and that limits the way I can display it. The whole thing made me so pissed off that I still have it locked away in the garage after 4 years, despite all the work I put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    I bought a bootleg MG Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode, which was a gigantic pain in the button to build and made me never go near bootleg models ever again. The plastic was so cheap and brittle that it snapped on half a dozen parts before I was even halfway through building it. Even after moving and building at a slower and more careful pace, several more parts broke before I was done. Had to super glue the left arm basically into one position to make up for the damaged parts, and that limits the way I can display it. The whole thing made me so pissed off that I still have it locked away in the garage after 4 years, despite all the work I put into it.
    Personally, I never built a fake Gundam (e.g. TT Hongli) before. I did not even use kits with original content provided in conjunction with stuff copied and pasted from official Bandai products (e.g. Dragon Momoko). To be honest, It's kind of unfortunate how unlike Transformers (e.g. Maketoys, Fanstoys, DX9), Gundam Model Kits lack in any 3rd party product without stealing Bandai's molds. In fact, if you have a design that is built around the MG Freedom Ver.2.0, I would avoid including copied and pasted I & J plates all together and just make your customer buy the Freedom 2.0 separately in order to complete the build for your 3rd party offering.

Super Moderator

Probably the PG Wing Zero, simply because i was building it when i first started with gundam kits. Way too advanced for me at the time. I had to have my brother help me with the wiring.

Legit hardest for me was the 3rd party 1/100 Wondwart. That kit is a nightmare. On top of the bad fitting, the mold release agent on the parts was very strong. Even after washing them twice, it still dried out my hands and i could feel a chemical burn happening lol

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.