Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Whats your thoughts on Gundam using 50 episodes a series?

How does everyone feel about this subject?

Do you like the idea of them using 50 episodes? Or What would you prefer them doing differently?

There are still two Gundam series that I still want to watch. Victory and X. But at 51 and 39 episodes. It makes it really hard for me to justify the 40 hours needed to watch. And with no guarantee I will enjoy them. Plus, there are other things I could be doing with that time.

I would hate the idea of another Z experience.

Re: Whats your thoughts on Gundam using 50 episodes a series?

One factor you have to take into account when running through any sort long-running series is episode pacing. This is how quickly the plot of the story moves, and is measured by how engaged the series keeps you interested. As one who has seen Gundam X, I can tell you that the pacing on that series is a little slow initially as the story is told in arcs (which last about 3-5 episodes on average). Arc based storytelling usually feels slower, as it tells its story over time. That being said there is a lot of good stuff in Gundam X, so it's really up to you if you think it's worth watching. I haven't seen Victory yet, so I can't comment on that series, but I have heard that it's a bit of a slug-fest to get through.

Really though, most Gundam series average at about 48 episodes per series. The difference lies in their pacing. G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, and G-Reco have pretty brisk pacing. On the opposite end of the spectrum, shows like Gundam ZZ, Gundam Seed, Gundam X, and Zeta Gundam have a pretty slow pace.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by LeDelmo View Post
    How does everyone feel about this subject?

Do you like the idea of them using 50 episodes? Or What would you prefer them doing differently?

There are still two Gundam series that I still want to watch. Victory and X. But at 51 and 39 episodes. It makes it really hard for me to justify the 40 hours needed to watch. And with no guarantee I will enjoy them. Plus, there are other things I could be doing with that time.

I would hate the idea of another Z experience.
    If you end up not liking a series after a few episodes and feel you're wasting your time, you can just drop it. Why slog though a show you're not enjoying? it's not like someone's gonna ask to turn in your Gundam Fan badge and gun.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; February 14, 2018 at 9:13 PM.

As someone who has seen every gundam series, and had to (unperks of running Gundam RPs that use every tech), I can definitely say some shows are harder to watch than others. Some have too few episodes to carry the story the right way, G-Reco, Age, being simple to name examples, while others have way too much fat that draws out the series, Zeta, V, that could have been better if the wasted time was cut or re-purposed.

As to the named shows, X was pretty good, but suffered a bit from slow pacing at times, followed up by compressed storyline at the end when they cut the number of episodes down.

V was a slog through the deeps of time wasting, and abridged story facets.

If you really want to watch a show, check out X. Unless your a completionist, skip V, and read the cliffnotes.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I'll probably have to check out Gundam X than. Seems allot of people seem to be recommending it.

Gundam Victory I wasn't crazy about. But I really like the GunEz team. I dont know anything about the story at all though.

I really wish Bandai would stick with the normal 12-25 episodes a series. Thinking back its not like they even use all that time efficiently. All of my favorite Gundam series are all in the 12-13 episode range.

I do like to finish what I start. But I don't have to watch every series. ZZ being one that I will probably never watch. It just so annoying to start something and not know where it was all going.

My main problem with the longer series is the time needed to watch them.