Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gundam Build Divers RP???

Hello everyone,
    Long time no see. I just saw the Prologue for Gundam Build Divers, and I thought it would make for a great setting for an RP. Not sure if anyone would be interested, since you guys seem to already have several RPs going on, but I just thought I would check and see if there would be any takers. Seeing as we don't know much about the series so far, I was thinking we would have some wiggle room when it comes to developing the world for the RP. So far, what I had in mind for the RP is below, let me know what you guys think.

- We would all be part of the same 10 man "Force," that way we could interact with one another more freely, and we wouldnt have any "losers" in the tournaments and battles. I suppose we could do 2 rival teams, if we really wanted to, and people wouldnt mind losing every now and then.

- While the 10 vs 10 team battles with "Flag MSs" presented on the show looks like a lot of fun to play around with, and we could get a lot of mileage out of it, I was also thinking we could occasionally bring in some different battle modes. Stuff like the Assault and Oddball battle modes from Halo, or Zombies/Horde battle mode from Call of Duty/Gears of War.

- We could also do a storyline dealing with the real world if we wanted to, or strictly limit it to battles and stuff in the virtual world.

Re: Gundam Build Divers RP???

Sounds like an interesting concept. However, I'd wait until the series actually starts to kind of get feel of what kind of direction the series takes (and how many fans will be drawn to it). So for now, I recommend a wait and see approach until you see if the series catches on and has a few fans. That being said, I might be interested only if we keep to the same team.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    Sounds like an interesting concept. However, I'd wait until the series actually starts to kind of get feel of what kind of direction the series takes (and how many fans will be drawn to it). So for now, I recommend a wait and see approach until you see if the series catches on and has a few fans. That being said, I might be interested only if we keep to the same team.
    When does the actual series premiere? I was thinking it would be months away, but if it is just a few weeks away, I wouldn't mind waiting to see what the official rules and setting looks like.

It'll be in the first week of April if it's in the spring line up.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

I think the series premiers in April, which is typical for Gundam shows (if I had to guess, I'd say early April). I still stand by this approach as we only of the basic synopsis of this series. We don't know how everything works (the Diving tech, how to get a Gunpla into the network, etc.) nor do we have a feel of the, like you said, tactics & strategy, and the modes used in Build Divers. Let's see if the series gathers a following first, then we can start an RP.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I would be down, especially if my Referees from GBF could appear. Twitch would definitely appear, perhaps Tomi.

- - - Updated - - -

Conversely, we could do an IBO RP during the Calamity War.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I would be down, especially if my Referees from GBF could appear. Twitch would definitely appear, perhaps Tomi.
    I think that if "referees" were to appear in Build Divers, they would probably be systems administrators or moderators. Or maybe even just a program with a logic protocol.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I'd be down with this kind of deal. The teaser already has my attention and I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this goes...

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Well we got 3 people at least interested in this RP, so that's good. After all the suggestions that we wait until the show actually starts to see how the world of Build Divers works, I guess we should wait until the show premieres to actually start it.

I think that if "referees" were to appear in Build Divers, they would probably be systems administrators or moderators. Or maybe even just a program with a logic protocol.
    Moving on to be system admins would make sense if they "switched companies" to work for the Dive company.

But if I am not able to bring them over then perhaps one of my characters will have an avatar and Gunpla be exactly like someone's RP character here. Now I just have to choose whom...

After thinking it a bit I could be down for it. However, I must join Zeta
    and say we wait till the series starts in proper to get the feel for it so to speak.

Ginga could also finish the GBF and 00S2 RPs instead of starting a new one...

- - - Updated - - -

I would not mind having characters on different teams since I have a few character ideas floating around.

I would not mind having characters on different teams since I have a few character ideas floating around.
    I'd rather we stick to one character per player all on a single team. It's keeps things nice and tight, and it would allow others to specialize into other roles. Much a traditional Dungeons & Dragons team, you could have your martial guys (Fighters, Paladins, Barbarians, etc.) on the front lines, your casters (Wizards, Clerics, Bards, etc.) providing support from the rear, and your rogues (assassins, thieves, etc.) performing stealth strikes.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I'd rather we stick to one character per player all on a single team. It's keeps things nice and tight, and it would allow others to specialize into other roles. Much a traditional Dungeons & Dragons team, you could have your martial guys (Fighters, Paladins, Barbarians, etc.) on the front lines, your casters (Wizards, Clerics, Bards, etc.) providing support from the rear, and your rogues (assassins, thieves, etc.) performing stealth strikes.
    Yeah, I second this.

- - - Updated - - -

Ginga could also finish the GBF and 00S2 RPs instead of starting a new one...
    The 00 S2 RP probably will never happen, since I don't want to do it without Char, and he hasn't been on here for years now. As for the GBF RP, I think this Build Divers RP would be a better version of what I had in mind for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginga Bishōnen View Post
    The 00 S2 RP probably will never happen, since I don't want to do it without Char, and he hasn't been on here for years now. As for the GBF RP, I think this Build Divers RP would be a better version of what I had in mind for it.
    You do know that I will continue to nag you about those until the end of time, right?