Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Build Divers

00 Seven Swords is still the best 00 variant, but this new one doesn't look bad at all. I'll have a better opinion when I see it in action. Either way, the show's been kinda on the boring side to me. Not as much mecha fan service for me compared to the other Build series.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by extend View Post
    For me, it's not about the balance or technical stuff. It's just about aesthetics. I find 00 Raiser better than something that stretches outside.
    I guess, but I like it, not gonna go as far as to say it will be my favorite 00 build or not but I am gonna wait to see it fully animated.

On another note I am surprised we have not gotten any Unicorn builds out of any of the "build" series' considering how loved it is within the community, and the hype of a new Unicorn in the next series.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    On another note I am surprised we have not gotten any Unicorn builds out of any of the "build" series' considering how loved it is within the community, and the hype of a new Unicorn in the next series.
    Well, from my understanding when the original Build Fighters aired they weren't allowed to use anything post 00 Season 1 which would also exclude Unicorn. That embargo with regards to Unicorn seems to have been lifted prior to the Battlogues shorts since we had that white Sinanju in Episode 2.

And now we have the SD Unicorn in the form of the Zeromaru within Build Divers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronové View Post
    Well, from my understanding when the original Build Fighters aired they weren't allowed to use anything post 00 Season 1 which would also exclude Unicorn. That embargo with regards to Unicorn seems to have been lifted prior to the Battlogues shorts since we had that white Sinanju in Episode 2.

The Unicorn Gundam did have a small cameo in one of the Build Fighters series though. It was just painted in the aesthetic of the RX-78-2. So it did make an appearance but I don't believe it had any appearance in any of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post
    The Unicorn Gundam did have a small cameo in one of the Build Fighters series though. It was just painted in the aesthetic of the RX-78-2. So it did make an appearance but I don't believe it had any appearance in any of the fights.
    Taking a closer look you are indeed right. The Unicorn in the RX's colors did indeed cameo in the final episode of Try thanks to winning the fan entered contest "Original MS Championship". I imagine that's what allowed them to squeeze it in.

Though interestingly, it did not use any of the Unicorn OVA's sound effects for the Unicorn Gundam (most notably it had the wrong beam rifle SFX). I guess winning the contest didn't extend that far.

This is true the Zeromaru is about as close as it gets. I did not know they could not use anything post 00 S1 that is interesting, I wonder why, at least not why 00 S2. Either way I hope that gets removed, and we can get more just seems like crazy Unicorn variants would be money makers which is pretty much the point of the build universe.

Even though Victory is pretty awful I would like to see the Victory 2 variant get a moment as well, I love the V2 from an aesthetic stand point.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    This is true the Zeromaru is about as close as it gets. I did not know they could not use anything post 00 S1 that is interesting, I wonder why, at least not why 00 S2. Either way I hope that gets removed, and we can get more just seems like crazy Unicorn variants would be money makers which is pretty much the point of the build universe.

Even though Victory is pretty awful I would like to see the Victory 2 variant get a moment as well, I love the V2 from an aesthetic stand point.
    You have to also remember that the Vagan Gear was featured in Build Fighter Try. which obviously was well after 00 Season 1.

You have to also remember that the Vagan Gear was featured in Build Fighter Try. which obviously was well after 00 Season 1.
    Again that's Try though, which is a separate matter from the original series.

But bringing this back on-topic to Divers for a hot second, after some thought the 00 Diver Ace is my favourite of Riku's main three (assuming the 00 Sky doesn't get another upgrade) Gunpla and that's the one I'll probably buy of the three. <3

Again that's Try though, which is a separate matter from the original series.

But bringing this back on-topic to Divers for a hot second, after some thought the 00 Diver Ace is my favourite of Riku's main three (assuming the 00 Sky doesn't get another upgrade) Gunpla and that's the one I'll probably buy of the three. <3
    I mean true, but that was the also the first and I believe the only time you see any mobile suit from Age in the Build Fighters series. Also I have to agree, the Diver Ace is awesome and very likeable. I'm sure when I actually get to see the 00 Sky in action I'll probably like it more.

I mean true, but that was the also the first and I believe the only time you see any mobile suit from Age in the Build Fighters series. Also I have to agree, the Diver Ace is awesome and very likeable. I'm sure when I actually get to see the 00 Sky in action I'll probably like it more.
    This is often how I feel, I remember seeing the images for the original Celestial Being Gundams I really disliked them but after seeing them animated it made a world of difference.

After seeing the 00 Sky perform I can honestly say that's it's quite the impressive Gunpla. Even though this episode was absolutely full of crap given how slowly that timer went. However I also feel that the 00 Sky might be a little OP given all the tricks it has.

Administrator

When it comes to timed missions in shows/movies. I have given up on those actually being represented. They either go way to quickly or to slow. Never actual time. I thought it was rather good. The team put their heads together, and come up with a solid plan of action. As for the Sky being OP, its really not different that the Star Strike Cosmos or the Build Burning Gundam. All rather OP in their respective shows.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar

Quote Originally Posted by thwalker13 View Post
    When it comes to timed missions in shows/movies. I have given up on those actually being represented. They either go way to quickly or to slow. Never actual time. I thought it was rather good. The team put their heads together, and come up with a solid plan of action. As for the Sky being OP, its really not different that the Star Strike Cosmos or the Build Burning Gundam. All rather OP in their respective shows.
    True but even though I don't think any of them compared to the speed that the 00 Sky can output. Riku can literally win in every circumstance if he goes Trans-Am since nobody else would be able to keep up with him.

We finally got to see the 00 Sky in action. Putting a beam shield on your shin so you can kick beams back like they're soccer balls...Riku is a madman. O_o

I really appreciate them bringing up Koichi building a kit of the ship which certainly require a higher level of skill to build than a HG Gunpla. <3

Not much else to say really. This episode felt very filler-esque.

Administrator

Well seeing as how Riku combined the Trans-Am, with the Voiture Lumiere system from the Destiny. Both of which increase the propulsion output of the suit. While the Trans-Am increases the overall power. The 00 Sky is going to be insanely fast due to having the use of both systems. It's brilliant really. But let's not forget that Trans-Am has it's limits. And it's possible that using both systems could end up being crippling to the Gunpla.
    "Born to lose, Live to win" - Lemmy Kilmister
    https://fb.me/ThWalkersMechHangar