Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast

Re: Gundam Build Divers

Welp, here's where most of the budget seems to have gone, lol.

For the most part this battle was great. Kyoya and Rommel in particular were amazing. I was even okay with Riku mastering Trans-Am, but the whole "Wings of Light" randomly being able to remove the Break Decals for no explainable reason was too much of a stretch. Also, Tsukasa was kinda lame in this episode - the second things don't start going his way he devolves into a temper tantrum of a five year old.

I am interested in the next episode though. Looks like Tsukasa schools Riku in old school Gunpla Battle and I'm super curious as to where they'd go from that since the Break Decal arc seems to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronové View Post
    Welp, here's where most of the budget seems to have gone, lol.

For the most part this battle was great. Kyoya and Rommel in particular were amazing. I was even okay with Riku mastering Trans-Am, but the whole "Wings of Light" randomly being able to remove the Break Decals for no explainable reason was too much of a stretch. Also, Tsukasa was kinda lame in this episode - the second things don't start going his way he devolves into a temper tantrum of a five year old.

I am interested in the next episode though. Looks like Tsukasa schools Riku in old school Gunpla Battle and I'm super curious as to where they'd go from that since the Break Decal arc seems to be over.
    I have been pondering the "wings of light" thing, I think it may have to do with Sarah. Lots of people have been speculating she is a program or something, perhaps she gave Riku/his gunpla the power. This is pure speculation but it would not surprise me.

Yeah we get to see the old version of Gunpla battle which will be interesting in how that differs. Although by the end of the episode maybe Riku will show Tsukasa the power of friendship, and revive his love of Gundam or some similar typical trope.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    I have been pondering the "wings of light" thing, I think it may have to do with Sarah. Lots of people have been speculating she is a program or something, perhaps she gave Riku/his gunpla the power. This is pure speculation but it would not surprise me.

Yeah we get to see the old version of Gunpla battle which will be interesting in how that differs. Although by the end of the episode maybe Riku will show Tsukasa the power of friendship, and revive his love of Gundam or some similar typical trope.
    That's what I've been thinking as well. I believe in an earlier episode, she was seen napping. When does anyone ever take a nap in the GBN? After all, you can never get tired in the GBN.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    While I have no doubt that it was due to Sarah, either directly or indirectly. The major problem I have is with how convenient it is. Feels like major Deus ex Machina and I hope this doesn't become a trend in Divers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    That's what I've been thinking as well. I believe in an earlier episode, she was seen napping. When does anyone ever take a nap in the GBN? After all, you can never get tired in the GBN.
    The cast did wonder if her IRL self fell asleep at the controls, but yeah she pretty much does appear to be an Aura clone, for better or worse.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    While I have no doubt that it was due to Sarah, either directly or indirectly. The major problem I have is with how convenient it is. Feels like major Deus ex Machina and I hope this doesn't become a trend in Divers.
    Yeah but again I really feel the writing in Build Divers is sub-par to classic build fighters, BFT was emulating Shonen, and this appears to be emulating classic Saturday morning cartoon style, reminds of watching Yu-gi-oh, Digimon, and other Anime when I was younger, they are classic, simplistic (from a story telling point of view), and they only ever fool children for the most part.

Also I thought it was pretty obvious from the very beginning she was not a "player" she has no gunpla, does not seem to even know or understand what gundam/gunpla even is, has strange super power empathic connection to digital information.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

Not sure where else to put this, but news has dropped that not just one but two variants of the G-Self from Reconguista are going to appear in the Gundam Build Divers manga.

The G-Self Custom.

And the G-Else

Gundam Astray Edgelord, so edgy!

GP Duel fight wasn't bad. Ready for mid-season upgrade!

Also, Ayame once again steals the show right at the end. Best girl indeed.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
    Gundam Astray Edgelord, so edgy!

GP Duel fight wasn't bad. Ready for mid-season upgrade!

Also, Ayame once again steals the show right at the end. Best girl indeed.
    Say what you will about the Astray No-Name but it really does have a nice design. I'd love to have a kit of it made eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Manatees View Post
    Say what you will about the Astray No-Name but it really does have a nice design. I'd love to have a kit of it made eventually.
    Wish granted:

"You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Speaking of stuff from the manga. that messenger, he's the pilot of that G-Else

Be neat to see it or the main suit of the Manga the Shining Break and it's Berkut (Yes as in the plane, it transforms into a wave rider that looks somewhat similar to it and is even named shining Berkut whoever designed it is an aviation fan it seems) form show up.

As for the actual episode, it was okay. Like the rest of the show been a decent way to kill some time. Not a big fan of the no-name but I like how it fights and it's cloak weapon thing. Think it'd be better with a different color scheme and head, but it's at least better than the Sengoku was I'll give it that.

Didn't one of the other manga characters make a cameo in the show a few episodes back?
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

This fight gave me vibes from the second Tatsuya vs Reiji fight, though obviously with a different outcome. Fitting that they'd have a character who parallels the original BF series use a SEED suit. Seriously though, the NITRO System? Now that's an obscure reference. I wonder if giving a Psycommu System to a SEED suit was an intentional nod to that ancient theory about Newtypes in SEED?

Curious as to where they'll go from now, I had assumed that Riku would lose and that would drive the next arc...but no, Riku pulled a turnabout and stood up to the Victory (get it because the Angel Halo was in the background ) ... so now what?

Also, that Ayame smile is the most precious thing in the world. I hope she leaves the mask off now. <3

This fight gave me vibes from the second Tatsuya vs Reiji fight, though obviously with a different outcome. Fitting that they'd have a character who parallels the original BF series use a SEED suit. Seriously though, the NITRO System? Now that's an obscure reference. I wonder if giving a Psycommu System to a SEED suit was an intentional nod to that ancient theory about Newtypes in SEED?

Curious as to where they'll go from now, I had assumed that Riku would lose and that would drive the next arc...but no, Riku pulled a turnabout and stood up to the Victory (get it because the Angel Halo was in the background ) ... so now what?

Also, that Ayame smile is the most precious thing in the world. I hope she leaves the mask off now. <3
    Well I told you it was gonna go down over the next 2-3 episodes, they keep Ayame as a friend, they beat this bad guy (who will probably come back, either as an estranged ally to save the day, or maybe as an enemy in the future). I would assume they will focus on squad battles of some sort.

I enjoyed this last episode very much, it had tension, gravity, and emotion. Sure the good guy wins in the end, and it was a bit cliche, but it wrapped up the break decal arc in a nice bow. I am happily awaiting next weeks episode. I really want to see what his next Gunpla will be.

Well...Ayame wins best girl IRL too, it seems.

Not much action, but not a bad breather, with an interesting bit at the end teasing what's to come.

New opening suits...Yuuki continues to make me wonder where he gets his ideas for his color schemes. And if that was a Jesta, definitely not my favorite looking Jesta by far. Looks like we're getting a new MS girl too, and it looks suspiciously like Nanami. I'm not against this, just hoping they'll improve over previous models.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

Quite the interesting combination we got going on for the 00 Sky. A mix between the 00 and the Destiny Gundam, I guess it does make a rather strong combination though. Given that both of them were suppose to be state of the art and top of the line Gundam's in their respective series. Also very glad to see Ayame appear in real life as well now, gonna make the series more interesting. I'm also quite curious on who that mysterious voice belonged to at the end of that scene and specifically what her connection is with Sarah.