Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Build Divers

Quote Originally Posted by windkami View Post
    I just do not prefer this simple story, it lacks anything grand, the best episode thus far has been the team battle against the Rommel team. I want more of that less, random people with break decals, and typical illogical villain who has some completely unrealistic hatred towards Gundam, or VR, or whatever it will be.
    I will agree that the virtual world hijinks episodes so far have been quite weak and only now with the direct confrontation with Tsukasa have I really been enjoying the last couple of episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronové View Post
    I will agree that the virtual world hijinks episodes so far have been quite weak and only now with the direct confrontation with Tsukasa have I really been enjoying the last couple of episodes.
    Yeah if the break decal stuff did not feel like it was written 20 years ago I would be okay with it. Just feels like something I have seen before, and am not really interested in. At least during a Tournament we get some good action. Or if we just got better fights for any other reason. Perhaps if the story had some real level of intrigue, or real world problems, but there is no gravity to their situation, and the "Build Fighters" series has gone from an outside the box concept that made for a good action series using Gundam/Gunpla, and has now devolved into some cliche anime, that hardly has any real fan service (at least I hardly feel as if any of the characters are truly Gundam fans in comparison to Sei).
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E

Super Moderator

Your last 2 posts, they pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

I've been liking the more slice of life aspect, but then again I always thought that the strongest parts of the last two build series were those I can see why one wouldn't though it has kind of meandered for 9 episodes. I expect we'll probably enter some sort of tourney after this which those are hit and misses for me personally but seeing as I've been enjoying it so far I have faith. That said the guild Drama in today's episode with Ayame's backstory hit home. Also the SD's and their divers all looking for the most part like typical RPG classes was kind of freaking adorable.

I really hope we get HGs of these soon. Even my Qubeley Mass Production Type is from MC Model.

Nice to see someone other than a Puru die in a MP Qubeley lol. (I have always liked the MP's design before anyone says anything.)

The RM RX-0Maru was pretty cool to, and it's use of the NT-D was awesome, though the full gold face is a little meh. I wonder if the kit will be done like the Star Winning, if so I hope they use HG joints this time. The limited movement on the SW really hurt the kits posability. Especially the vertically mounted ball joints for the hips.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Your last 2 posts, they pretty much hit the nail on the head for me.

Were you referring to me or Ronove?

Also the first ten episodes thus far have been character development/world building which I do not mind, except if this series is only 25 episodes like the previous build fighters series then I feel we are moving at a snails pace, and the second act will be rushed to give us a full circle story. Although I do feel this series seems geared towards a season 2.
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

I am only here for the Immortal Patrick and Best Girl Ayame.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon View Post
    Nice to see someone other than a Puru die in a MP Qubeley lol. (I have always liked the MP's design before anyone says anything.)

The RM RX-0Maru was pretty cool to, and it's use of the NT-D was awesome, though the full gold face is a little meh. I wonder if the kit will be done like the Star Winning, if so I hope they use HG joints this time. The limited movement on the SW really hurt the kits posability. Especially the vertically mounted ball joints for the hips.
    I think its interesting that we only saw the unicorn head once before in a earlier episode while majority of the time it used the gundam head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    I think its interesting that we only saw the unicorn head once before in a earlier episode while majority of the time it used the gundam head.
    In a strange way, it kind of makes sense. When the RX-Zeromaru activates it Unicorn mode, it pulls up its face plate and activates its optical camouflage, much like how a ninja would pull up their face mask when going into stealth mode.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    In a strange way, it kind of makes sense. When the RX-Zeromaru activates it Unicorn mode, it pulls up its face plate and activates its optical camouflage, much like how a ninja would pull up their face mask when going into stealth mode.
    I honestly didn't notice that it was in unicorn mode every time it activated its camouflage.

Gotta say, very impressive big battle this episode.

Can't say I was too impressed with the villain, though. Vague motivations (which I suppose will be addressed next episode), just the whole "i want to destroy it all cause I don't like it" thing. Guess you could make an analogy to old school gamers vs. current gen gamers ("they changed it, now it sucks", old Fallout vs. new Fallout, etc).

Also, after some thought on the matter, just how quickly was GBN thrown together that their admin-level people are so powerless and a hacker can use a guest account to cause so much trouble? Sounds like a major lack of proper security measures, to say nothing of protecting your program code at it's core level. Although, I did kinda laugh when the systems display came up and showed the spreading "bugs" cause it made me think of that 90s movie "Hackers". That's kinda what the series has reminded me of in terms of how it's handling a lot of the online stuff...the Wild West days of the internet and online games in the 90s and early 2000s before things were as well refined as they are today. Heck, hackers and cheats are certainly dealt with a lot more efficiently in many games these days, otherwise the game's going to lose its player base and profitability. Seems to me the GBN was rushed through production to get straight to market to show off the "awesome new tech" without a proper beta phase and probably an incomplete development cycle.
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

It's obvious GBN was developed by Bethesda hence the bugs, or rather features. But in all seriousness it is definitely a bit silly how little power the higher ups had over things I can get the excuse to some degree made when they were about to form the coalition that they can't pinpoint it and don't want to hand out bans to potentially innocent players, but even that was a stretch.

Yeah the mainplot is a bit weak, the best bits have been the slice of life in an MMO stuff and the battles. Still liked the episode was nice to see Artemie Gundam.
    Last edited by Zeon's RedComet; June 19, 2018 at 9:19 AM.

From what I can gather, GBN is apparently an entirely self-contained experience where recordings can only be viewed at places with access to the network and via registered accounts, or at special venues for public viewing. That's the only reason I can figure for there being no evidence of cheating out there. Apparently streaming services like You-Tube and T-witch (office network doesn’t like normal spellings of these words…) don't exist here, otherwise evidence would surely be quite clear since there is a visual effect when a Break Decal is used.

And in all honesty it would be fairly simple to push a quick update to their EULA explaining their policy on cheating, give those that can be trusted (Coalition members) GM status, and send them out. Any caught using a break decal are instantly hit with the mighty BAN HAMMER. Do it during the big battle from today’s episode for extra lulz as this leaves only a single person left using an apparent super-user level GUEST account. Trace the IP, and let law enforcement handle the rest.

But of course, that makes too much sense. I can only assume the particular characters we’re following are on some kind of serious RP server. Can’t break character even during a crisis! lol
    It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself with all my modeling supplies...

My Gunpla Blog - http://eastkygunpla.com/

My WIPs - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...8-Urban-s-WIPs

My Completed Kits - http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...-Sniper-s-Hide

Well I would say that this particular Gundam series is most definitely targeted to a younger audience I do not think the realism of hackers is top on their priority when being creative for the story. I would definitely say that if I was like 6-10 I would love this series to death and never think twice about how the hackers are getting away from a realistic stand point. That being said it is a very large problem for us returning adult fans. This series has been highly predictable, ever since they introduced Koichi it was an obvious plug to other characters being upset that old battles were gone. Which I kind of agree with because having the stakes of your actual physical Gunpla being destroyed added a dimension to an otherwise simplistic action series. But I digress, this was an okay battle, I look forward to the next episode but I feel like I should be way more excited for this series but I am not.