Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Gundam Build Divers

New series starting this spring. Didn't see a thread for it. I have to admit the fact they noticed all the fan compairison of the grimoire to the scope dog and then made a red shouldered one for this is far and above the best thing to happen. Not sure about the rest of it but that grimoire is nice.

Re: Gundam Build Divers

Hey I'm all for this if they make it so the kits aren't destroyed in the battles. Honestly, I really liked the concept from the original Gunpla Builders, since it let everyone enjoy the various designs without the series based politics that happen.

Just hopefully we'll see more original designs.

*Data snatch from MAHQ.*

Stuff revealed so far
    -Gundam Build Divers will start airing April 2018
    -Gunpla Battle Nexus Online(GBN for short) is a network game where participants dubbed "divers" can enjoy various missions using gunpla inside the cyber virtual space known as "Dimension".
    -Main protagonist is middle school student Minami Riku. His crew consists of friend Hidaka Yukio aka Yukki, and classmate Yashiro Momoka aka Momo.
    -There is also a girl named Sara, who begins as an enigmatic character who can understand "special feelings" within gunpla.
    -The Tatsuya/Meijin of the show will be Kujo Kyoya, current champion of GBN and leader the force named Avalon.
    -The veteran of the show will be Rommel, a man who leads the force named 7th Panzer Division.
    -In GBN people appear as virtual avatars.
    -Gunpla battles consist of the classic 1 on 1 and a 10 vs 10 team battle mode called force
    -Force consists of two 10-member teams dubbed "force" battling each other while looking for the hidden "flag" unit of the match, if the flag unit is taken out, the team that defeated the flag unit wins
    - Riku's gunpla will be the Gundam 00 Diver, a gunpla based on the 00 Gundam.

Characters
    Minami Riku: Diver name Riku. 14 year-old student who attends a school in a coastal city. He is highly-skilled allowing him to be good at things. However, deep within he is searching for something he can be passionate about. After seeing Kyoya's battle, He makes up his mind to participate in GBN.

Hidaka Yukio: Diver name Yukki. Riku's classmate and best friend. He loves Gundam anime so much that his knowledge is on par with a grown-up's. His skills as a builder is also on point making him a reliable diver in GBN for Riku.

Yashiro Momoka: Diver name Momo. She is Riku and Yukio's classmate and also a member of the girl's soccer team at school. She is very active, and was eager to get Riku into the soccer club, but after encountering gunpla and GBN she goes on to play alongside Riku. She strongly believes that all things cute are just.

Sara: A girl Riku and his friends meet inside GBN. She has a strange ability that allows her to understand the special feelings within gunplas that are put into by its builders.

Kujo Kyoya: Currently GBN's strongest diver, and holds the title of Champion. Although he is a gentleman and has a gentle appearance, he shows a fierce burning passion when it comes to gunpla battles. He is adored and is also Riku's goal in life. Leads the force named Avalon.

Rommel: An influencial leader of the force named 7th Panzer Division. He is a strategist who is dubbed the "wise general" and enjoys a hard fight, but his outward appearance is on the pretty side. He is a long time rival and friend of Kyoya.

Gunpla
    Gundam 00 Diver: Riku's gunpla based off of 00 Gundam. Due to Riku customizing it to his liking, such as adding verniers and wings to the cone thrusters, it has unexpected mobility and has obtained a good balance of offense and defense. It is a gunpla that shows what kind of grasp Riku has towards gunpla.

GM III Beam Master: Yukki's gunpla based off of GM III. Like its namesake, it is armed with beam weapons and its main weapon called changeling rifles allows various methods of attacks. The legs are further enforced to ensure stability when shooting, keeping its feet on the ground.

Momocapule: Momoka's gunpla based off of Capule. It aims for cuteness and therefore is customized to resemble a penguin and also stores Mini Kapools. It got rid of the missile launchers because they are not cute, and its iron nails have also become rounder for cuteness, resulting in a downgrade in offense. But not all is lost as its speed has been enhanced.

Gundam AGE-2 Magnum: Kyoya's gunpla based off of Gundam AGE-2. It has been built under the concept of being a hi-spec gunpla for the champion, and by adding offensive capabilities on the wings and shields it can pull off offensive manuevers in every situation making it a super offense type gunpla. It also hase a variable Phoenix mode proving that it is a gunpla fit for the champion of GBN.

Grimore Red Beret: Rommel's gunpla based off of Grimore. Built under the concept of further expanding its functions, it has been refurbished realistically in various parts of the gunpla, directly showcasing the high-ranking abilities of its user. Be it small or large it has various optional parts at its disposal.

Ogre Jin-X(fighter unknown): A gunpla based off of GN-X IV. It is customized to resemble an oni, and specializes in close combat. When in Trans-Am mode, the visor goes down, tranforming to one-eyed mode. It does not take its eyes off an opponent it has locked onto until that opponent is taken out.

Seravee Gundam Scheherazade(fighter unknown): A gunpla based off of Seravee Gundam. It boasts high maneuverability which contrasts its appearance, And based on its obvious fine craftsmanship it is a high performance gunpla with a high level of firepower. Whether it has a hidden gimmick like its predecessor suit Virtue is yet unknown.

Voice Cast
    Riku: Kobayashi Yusuke(Kazuki in BBK/BRNK, Arslan in The Heroic Legend of Arslan)
    Yukio: Fujiwara Natsumi(young McGillis Fareed in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Ophans)
    Momoka: Hieda Nene(Cardfight Vanguard G)
    Sara: Terui Haruka(Yuki Yuna in Yuki Yuna is a Hero)
    Kyoya: Kasama Jun(Kuzunoha Amehiko in Idol Master Side M)
    Rommel: Hayami Sho(Ginias Sahalin in Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team, Exkaiser in Brave Exkaiser, Da Garn in Brave of Legend Da Garn)
    Last edited by TheWhiteWolfofSolomon; February 2, 2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: data added.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post

New series starting this spring. Didn't see a thread for it. I have to admit the fact they noticed all the fan compairison of the grimoire to the scope dog and then made a red shouldered one for this is far and above the best thing to happen. Not sure about the rest of it but that grimoire is nice.
    Looks pretty-

Fun.

I like said in a previous thread, it looks like Sunrise and Bandai took the virtual reality concept of SAO and mixed it with Gunpla Battle. The result is... interesting, to say the least. I will need to see more before making a judgment call.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I like the Age II
    --------------------------------------------------------

Wait a VR Anime where the player's don't get trapped inside the game?

lol

but seriously @Build Divers you have most certainly got my initial attention...even if you have this...

|
    |
    |
    v

Mind you this doesn't bother me in the least bit and will not deter me from watching the series come April but rest assured I WILL be comically ripping on Build Divers for adding this element XD...in a non vulgar way that is and tastefull mind you XD

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

So, how does the GBF and GBF:T cast fit into all of this?

This is were I point out that character is a Avatar on the internet lol. 5 mins of browsing this site, even looking at my own (FNC/Funco from Uppotte!!) show people like to put whatever they find amusing, or like lol. Honestly, that character matches what I have seen, style wise from various japanese sites, like Pixiv, and the like.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    So, how does the GBF and GBF:T cast fit into all of this?
    I don't think it does. Probably it's own separate thing like how Gunpla Builders was unrelated to Build Fighters, despite similar premises.

Makes me want to paint a Rick Dias white now lol
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) jquintel2002

It's interesting. Seems like a lot of franchises are dipping into the VR theme. The new Yugioh series has the duels take place in cyber space using avatars and digital cards.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post

Mind you this doesn't bother me in the least bit and will not deter me from watching the series come April but rest assured I WILL be comically ripping on Build Divers for adding this element XD...in a non vulgar way that is and tastefull mind you XD
    My issue with him is that his name is Rommel, his team is the 7th Panzer Division, and he isn't a Desert Fox. That or looking like Resert Rommell from ZZ like Ral looked like Ral. Though maybe that's what he looks like IRL since the Ferret is an avatar.

IKR?! I mean Dammit! If you are going to take the name of the man who inspired Rambal Ral (As we all know of course XD) at least have him as a fox not a ferret! though Ferrets are sneaky little critters ROFL!

just saying if Rommel is Ral in Meat Space Ill Die Laughing and a happy man.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Eh, the furry avatars just seem like a natural thing because it's the internet. And if you're in a virtual social hang out like that, you're gonna find people with furry avatars, fabulous fox boys, and people looking like demons/oni. People will present themselves online in more fantastical ways that they can't do in meat space, because you can and the internet is liberating.

I really like AGE's designs and especially grunts, despite my issues with the show itself. So it's great to see AGE and G Reco kits finally get some focus in Build Fighters.

10 v 10 and having objectives seems really interesting. You have full squads, and possibly really vary up the fights by having different objectives. Though that makes me worried they're gonna have to juggle an ever more massive cast than usual, and thus nobody is really gonna get fleshed out.

That said, I just wish we didn't have a literal Nazi fur as a main character. I've encounter too many of those folks online, thank you very much. Taking the name Rommel and hazing a PANZER division is just straight up Nazi cosplay. At least with regular Zeon, despite the undertones and Gihren being "a Hitler follower", they weren't LITERAL NAZIS. And they weren't treated as cool friendly rivals.

I might have to sit out this series on that bullshit alone because I really don't wanna deal with it.
    Ways to reach me if the site really does go down:
    Discord: BadWrongFun#0889
    Email: badwrongfun@gmx.com
    Mastodon:https://glitch.social/web/accounts/41917
    Twitter: @bad_wrong_fun

I think this is a cool idea, we shall see what the story holds. This seems like it takes place further in the future (based on the increased level of tech).
    Me and a buddy have are own Anime podcast starting up so hit us up, and let us know where you are from!

https://youtu.be/5agAXvUeI1E