Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Re: Gundam Build Divers

Ep2 has impressed me alot. Basically whatever I say has already been said here and better even. This is shaping up to be an interesting Show in the Build Universe.

"Ignorance is the Enemy...Understanding is the Weapon"-Anonymous

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

That was a good episode. Momoka is growing on me, that cosplay fail at the end had me dying. Loved the reference to Shakti. They're really emphasising the Build aspect of Gunpla which is really cool.

The fact that the Ogre GN-X is based off of the GN-X IV really makes me want to buy it. I don't recall the original getting a regular release?

Is Patrick Colasour going to be in every episode like a game of "Where's Waldo"?

---
    But to be honest, it's that preview for Episode 3 that's got me most hyped. Kyoya is donning the Char clone and even using the Dark Hound as a disguise Gunpla which is amazing. Also Death Army which is cool I guess.

I'm quite excited for the next episode, knowing that there's gonna be G Gundam elements in it. This episode was quite nice overall though. I'm also wondering how Riku could've overlooked the fact that the 00 struggles to utilize Trans-Am without the Raiser. Given how experimental of a system the Duel GN Drive system was. So far though this series has been quite a joy to watch. Honestly the Build series of Gundam are some of my favorites given they're such a fan service. Anyway, now I can't wait for next week and episode 3.

One thing I'm enjoying so far about Build Divers is how subtle it can be sometimes. Build Fighters was often bold, brash, blatant, and in-your-face in regards to references to previous Gundam series. Build Divers, however, is much more subtle. It's like Lord of the Manatees said, the 00 Gundam cannot engage its Trans-Am System without the 0 Raiser to help synchronize the 00's GN Drives. Only the most ardent and knowledgeable Gundam fans would know that fact.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Yeah but since it's also a model that restriction may not apply and it may be as said just quality of the build. Be neat if it did though but I wouldn't put a bet either way. Though I admit part of me is just hoping for no raiser. (prefer the 00 without it)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon's RedComet View Post
    Yeah but since it's also a model that restriction may not apply and it may be as said just quality of the build. Be neat if it did though but I wouldn't put a bet either way. Though I admit part of me is just hoping for no raiser. (prefer the 00 without it)
    I have a feeling that the mid-season upgrade will have a custom variant of the 0 Raiser, one that Sarah will pilot. That being said, I think that quality of build may also be a factor as well.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Speaking of Sarah I'm very curious about who she is and her origins. She has a similar look to Reiji's and Aila's daughter. However it seems like she was always stuck in the GBN. I'm excited to see how or if they'll explain her origins.

I think Sarah has a very similar vibe to Quorra from Tron Legacy...y'know...only exists in this alternate world but by the end of the series, she'd probably be brought to the real world by the protagonist. Then again, that's just me and it's only been two episodes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
    I have a feeling that the mid-season upgrade will have a custom variant of the 0 Raiser, one that Sarah will pilot. That being said, I think that quality of build may also be a factor as well.
    I am pretty sure that the ACE set will work like the O Raiser and would also explain why it comes separate from the 00 Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane79 View Post
    I am pretty sure that the ACE set will work like the O Raiser and would also explain why it comes separate from the 00 Diver.
    This.

It'll be stabilized using something similar to the 00 Seven Swords unit I bet.

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Aside from the subtle nuances and character traits, what I'm really digging is the mystery namely Sarah's origins, I'm really interested how she's there and how the mystery behind her plays out. What I'm REALLY hoping for on that front is that they don't reveal everything up front, but they don't keep us guessing (asin, that becomes an unresolved plot point XD) and basically like a good mystery they reveal more and more as the story progresses. Well see how that plays out.

Now...about those Mass Divers...is that an illegal program mod or is that something the game installed as a test to see if players can be seduced by the dark side of the Gunpla XD

“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Sword Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    This.

It'll be stabilized using something similar to the 00 Seven Swords unit I bet.
    Seven Swords is better than 0 Raiser. But a 007S/G+XN Raiser would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenico View Post
    Now...about those Mass Divers...is that an illegal program mod or is that something the game installed as a test to see if players can be seduced by the dark side of the Gunpla XD

lya1r0pw2gr01.png
    "It's not a mistake...it's BATTLE DAMAGE!"
    Plamobot's build threadPlamobot's trade thread

I have been reading that as Mass Driver this whole time.

So the Mass Divers are using illegal parts, but are they bootleg parts or official Bandai products?

So basically...Steroid Abuse...Gunpla Style XD what do those break Decals actually do other than increase performance...and where do they come from Mystery thickens

Sword Freak