Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Permission to board White Base?

Greetings, all! Been a fan of Gundam series since Wing in 1995, and have recently become such a fanatic about the many series and iterations that I had to dig up a Gundam forum and hop in!

Unabashedly, with a birthdate of 1979, I've been around almost as long as Gundams have! I realize I'm probably dating myself as one of the oldest forumites here (in terms of actual age, not forum lifespan obvs.), but so be it.

Before I discovered Gundam along with many other Toonami watchers in 1995, I was a fan of the Robotech saga,and any other anime I could get my hands on in the 80s and 90s, always the most impressed by those who, like Gundam, treat mecha as a natural extension of the tools of warfare (like Robotech and it's constituent anime elements).

I also enjoy the Front Mission and Armored Core games of the 90s for the same reason.

Apart from that, I'm an aging rock fan, as much actually aging as a fan of, well, aging rock. I like many different kinds of music, and have over 1000 songs saved to my phone, but 145 of them are from the albums of Rush. I'm also a fan of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes, and ELO.

Here's hoping I find a place to fit in here. If not, I'll simply "blame it on the misfortune of my birth".
    "His mind is not for rent, to any God or government. Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is." Rush, "Tom Sawyer"

Re: Permission to board White Base?

You are indeed welcome to come aboard... cadet. Welcome to our site. If you have any questions, feel to ask. Also make sure to read over the rules of our fair site.

I think your date for viewing Wing on Toonami is a little off. While the series did air in Japan in '95, it didn't hit the US shores on Toonami until 2000. Unless of course you got your hands on an import, hmm?
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Well He did admit to being an aging fan of aged rock. You know what they say about the memory going first.

Jokes aside, welcome from someone only a year younger than you. There are plenty of older members here, you aren't the oldest lol.
    "What do you mean it's OUT OF STOCK/BACK-ORDERED!?!?!"

If Newtypes can predict the future, and feel their opponents intentions, how come none of them were ever able to dodge the Bright Slap?

D'oh! You guys are right, it was 1999 or 2000 when Toonami started to air Wing. I remember now. Still, glad to be welcome.
    "His mind is not for rent, to any God or government. Always hopeful yet discontent, he knows changes aren't permanent, but change is." Rush, "Tom Sawyer"

Quote Originally Posted by AcePilot0079 View Post
    Greetings, all! Been a fan of Gundam series since Wing in 1995, and have recently become such a fanatic about the many series and iterations that I had to dig up a Gundam forum and hop in!

Unabashedly, with a birthdate of 1979, I've been around almost as long as Gundams have! I realize I'm probably dating myself as one of the oldest forumites here (in terms of actual age, not forum lifespan obvs.), but so be it.

Before I discovered Gundam along with many other Toonami watchers in 1995, I was a fan of the Robotech saga,and any other anime I could get my hands on in the 80s and 90s, always the most impressed by those who, like Gundam, treat mecha as a natural extension of the tools of warfare (like Robotech and it's constituent anime elements).

I also enjoy the Front Mission and Armored Core games of the 90s for the same reason.

Apart from that, I'm an aging rock fan, as much actually aging as a fan of, well, aging rock. I like many different kinds of music, and have over 1000 songs saved to my phone, but 145 of them are from the albums of Rush. I'm also a fan of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes, and ELO.

Here's hoping I find a place to fit in here. If not, I'll simply "blame it on the misfortune of my birth".
    Welcome....have a nice gunpla day....

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!

wait did any of you actually read his bio??? Did you see that little bit about ELO!!??? That's it Pal your outed! We don't need this kind of riff raff around here...... Now GET OFF MY LAWN! little punks have no respect now a days.... :P
    From one decrepit old man to another, Welcome aboard brother, have fun and welcome to the money pit we lovingly call Gunpla. I'm a child of the 70's and 80's so there are a bunch of us on here, your not alone.

To error is human, to forgive is divine, Luckily I'm neither of these things!

My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

My Blog postings. https://gundammonkeysgarage.wordpress.com/