Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Brand new to Gunpla...checking in from Japan...

Not new to the modeling scene, been building model aircraft and armor for years...but Uncle Sam decided to send me here to Japan back in 2015...where modeling takes on a whole new level...

Every second hand store or hobby store I visit, has Gunpla stacked to the ceiling, so after 2 years and with 3 more to go, Iím drinking the koolaide and giving it a try...seems like a very interesting hobby...

I plan on starting with some cheap HG kits that are a dime a dozen here, getting a feel for the modeling process before moving up to MGís and eventually tackling a PG that the girlfriend decided was a great Christmas present...PG Unicorn Gundam with LED kit...

Excited to share my eventual builds with everyone and get into this hobby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hello!

Marry the girlfriend....

Lord of the 1/144 Corps

Captain of the 1/72 Brigade
    "The Scale of Tragedy"
    Conrad<Kahrys<Shepard<937<Nasir<Malenko<Nathen

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBoy0329 View Post
    Brand new to Gunpla...checking in from Japan...

Not new to the modeling scene, been building model aircraft and armor for years...but Uncle Sam decided to send me here to Japan back in 2015...where modeling takes on a whole new level...

Every second hand store or hobby store I visit, has Gunpla stacked to the ceiling, so after 2 years and with 3 more to go, I’m drinking the koolaide and giving it a try...seems like a very interesting hobby...

I plan on starting with some cheap HG kits that are a dime a dozen here, getting a feel for the modeling process before moving up to MG’s and eventually tackling a PG that the girlfriend decided was a great Christmas present...PG Unicorn Gundam with LED kit...

Excited to share my eventual builds with everyone and get into this hobby!!

Welcome to our site! If you have any questions (either model related or story related) feel free to ask.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

I donít even know where to begin story wise, lol, I would love to watch every episode of Gundam from the very beginning but itís hard to find English dubbed copies...

I don’t even know where to begin story wise, lol, I would love to watch every episode of Gundam from the very beginning but it’s hard to find English dubbed copies...

I know a few places where you can see Gundam material, both officially and unofficially. Right Stuf (online retailer) sells just about every Gundam home media disc and manga book. There's a YouTube channel called GundamInfo that streams Gundam series (both subbed and dubbed). Mind you, what I've described so far are official places. However, I cannot publicly post links to unofficial site such as pirated streaming site. But first a warning: Gundam is a huge property to tackle. A couple series I recommend watching are 0080: War in the Pocket and The 08th MS Team.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Hello fellow new Gunpla builder. As far as places to start watching Gundam, my girlfriends first Gundam series was Iron Blooded Orphans. She thoroughly enjoyed it and wants to watch the oldre series. IBO is a good starting place as any as it's a standalone series.

I would also recommend the film versions of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series. Easy way to get the original series in an easy to digest form. From there I'd recommend my all time favorite OVA of Gundam -- MSG: 08th MS Team. A nice look at the grunts on the ground during that original series.

Thank you and Thank you! Finishing up a series on Netflix, but I know what Iím looking for this weekend to watch...lol...

Welcome to this Board. Thank you, dear.
    Alice

So all the shows, do they follow the same story line? Just different time periods of the same universe? Iím watching the very FIRST series/compilation movie now from the 70ís

So all the shows, do they follow the same story line? Just different time periods of the same universe? I’m watching the very FIRST series/compilation movie now from the 70’s

Yes and No

the Universal Century timeline is within the same universe at different times and perspectives in the stories. (Gundam, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counter Attack, and many more)

Wing/00/Seed/IBO are all alternate universes iirc

Turn A is a culmination of them???
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

All my latest work can also be seen on my Instagram (Gundam and Non-Gundam) jquintel2002

I've not watched Turn A Gundam yet, but that sounds cool and potentially like a huge mess at the same time? From the Gundam wikia it says this.

Relationship with other Gundam series
    Turn A Gundam has been cited by Director Tomino and other sources as a show that would unify the stories from the various Gundam series into one. Throughout the show, mobile suits resembling those from the eras depicted in previous Gundam shows and indicated to be preserved by nano machines for thousands of years, including as those of the Universal Century, are excavated by the show's various factions. In Episode 43, this plotline comes to a culmination as the history of the Correct Century timeline is shown in a collection of clips known as the Dark History (黒歴史, Kuro Rekishi), which is revealed to be events that took place in different Gundam series prior to Turn A Gundam, thus making those events part of the Correct Century timeline's history.
    CORRECT CENTURY TIMELINE, huh? Being a big comic reader and long time Metal Gear Solid series fan -- sounds like continuity spaghetti. I love me a good plate of continuity spaghetti, tho. Loving the big, dumb, beautiful thing despite it's big dumbness. Do they handle that well at all?