Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

What do you think should be the next Perfect Grade?

In wake of the release of the Perfect Grade GN-001 Gundam Exia, I just wanted to start a group speculation what would most likely to be the next release in the Perfect Grade line of Gunpla Kits. As for when the next Perfect Grade is going to be released, I would not expect it until 2020 in my opinion. I feel like the long wait is most likely due to the recent pattern in terms of how often Perfect Grade kits get released. As a demonstration of the pattern I noticed, Might I remind you that ever since the Strike Freedom PG came out in 2010, Unicorn released in 2014, leaving a 4 year gap. After that, the Exit came out just earlier this month (December 2017), leaving a two year gap between it and the Banshee Norn. Also note a little thing called the Gunpla Evolution Project ​leading up to the 40th Anniversary of Gunpla!

As for the potentially upcoming Perfect Grade, likely to come in 2020, which mobile suit would most likely be represented?

Re: What do you think should be the next Perfect Grade?

I really don't have much of a say here as I really don't get the appeal of the perfect grade. They are HUGE and expensive... Plus, like you said they really dont even have a chance at having a wide verity.

Just wish they would release MG's as frequently as they do HG's...

BUT! If I had to choose one MS for a possible PG release just to see it in absolute perfection that is the perfect grade, it would have to be!

NU GUNDAM!

... But lets all be serious here. We all know what the next perfect grade is already... Another BARBATOS!

Super Moderator

Next PG will be coming next year.

https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

I am no longer a Moderator despite what the user title says. Please do NOT pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related or with issues with the board. Just ask in a related thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDelmo View Post
    I really don't have much of a say here as I really don't get the appeal of the perfect grade. They are HUGE and expensive... Plus, like you said they really dont even have a chance at having a wide verity.

Just wish they would release MG's as frequently as they do HG's...

BUT! If I had to choose one MS for a possible PG release just to see it in absolute perfection that is the perfect grade, it would have to be!

NU GUNDAM!

... But lets all be serious here. We all know what the next perfect grade is already... Another BARBATOS!
    In terms of Gundam Media I watched, I only saw Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky, Build Fighters Try Island Wars, and the first quarter of char's counterattack. So unless those red insignias scattered across the Barbatos' armor light up in the anime (I couldn't quite tell by looking at screencaps), maybe the ASW-G-08 Gundam Barbados will be the 1st perfect grade since the Strike Freedom from 2010 where the LED unit is reserved for the Head. However, if the red insignias do light up in the Anime, than we could get have the Barbatos follow the recent trend of Prefect Grades with LED units spread across the entire inner frame, a trend started by the RX-0 Gundam Unicorn.

As for the tubing throughout Barbatos' inner frame, maybe Bandai could cut costs (if they wanted) by reusing Heat Rod parts from the Master Grade MS-07B Gouf Ver.2.0, like they did with the P-Bandai exclusive FHA-03M1 Mega Bazooka Launcher for the MG Hyaku Shiki Ver.2.0.