Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Hello from Minnesota

Joined the forum as I am wanted to get back into making Gundam model kits. I used to build them as a kid but a friend of mine got me back into the scene.

So I was thinking about building some for decoration around my gaming room.

Ideally, I would like to put allot more effort into these ones than I did with my old childhood ones.
    Detail work is going to be the biggest hurdle for me. And will definitely appreciate advice from some vets.

The kits I plan on buying first will be the MG GM Sniper 2, MG Rx-79 "Ground type", MG Gouf Custom, and MG Efreet Kai. I want to go these ones first as they are all right around the $30 mark.

After I develop some skills I would like to also get a Nu Ver Ka, GM Sniper 2 White dingo "Not sure why this ones so much more expensive", And maybe the Efreet Schneid, possibly a Kampfer, and a Zaku "But there are so many its hard to pick one"

Anyways, right now that's my list.

I am also playing with the idea of making metal casts. So I could make a metal one. "Which I think would be cool" But it would come with its own set of complications. Not even sure I would be allowed to do this...

Anyways nice meeting you all. Look forward to hearing form you.

First question, does anyone know if you can buy individual parts? I.E. Backpacks from certain kits, certain set of arms, certain weapons,
    I would like to try and use the Nu Gundam's back-pack on the Rx-79 "G" without the funnels. And maybe swap out some arms around.

Thanks

Re: Hello from Minnesota

Welcome to our site.

First off, there is no Master Grade of the Efreet Kai, but there is kit that comes in the same scale as Master Grades. It's called the Reborn 1/100 line. Build-wise they're pretty simplistic, but for about $30 you get a 1/100 kit.

Secondly, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Lastly, no you cannot buy individual parts. However, there are some places that allow you order spare parts and there are some weapons add-on packs you can buy.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Thanks, Would the Efreet Kai even be worth picking up than?

Do you have any recommended places to check out for spare parts? And does anyone know if the Nu back-pack will even work with a RX-79 "G"?
    Just verifying things before I dive in.

The Efreet Kai is still a solid kit, and definitely worth buying.

Normally, the Nu Gundam backpack would be incompatible with the RX-79(G). However, with some modification work, you can make it fit.

There was a site that I used to have bookmarked that would sell spare parts. However, I think they discontinued their service.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

I am disappointed there is no MG Gerbera Tetra. Love the MS.

They made a Reborn 1/100 of the Gundam Gerbera (what the Gerbera Tetra was supposed to be), I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai created one of the Gerbera Tetra.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

You really think they would after so long?

Also, Was wondering how active is the forum still? I was looking around and it doesn't seem all that active. With some the last reply was a full month ago.
    I dont do Facebook, Tweeter or YouTube. So these Forums are about the only means to communicate with a online community.

Thanks Zeta for always replying.

The Reborn 1/100 line was specifically made so that obscure suits (Gundam Gerbera, Gundam Mk.III, Dijeh, Nightingale, Efreet Kai) could be made without having Bandai to invest a lot of money into a new Master Grade frame that most likely won't turn a profit.

As for this site. This site is active daily, it's just that some days are slower than others and some threads are not as active when compared to others.
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

- Epsilon Church

Do these model kits ever go on sale? Just wondering if I should order two now and two later. Or wait for black Friday and get all three at once with a sale?

Sales can happen I can remember who but someone just got a hi nu mastergrade for like 8 bucks or something on a crazy sale and I picked up my 1/100 vidar for like 24 bucks at barnes and noble because it was on sale

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk