Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    i've been building gunpla since i was 5. only now when I'm 23 and less busy I try to step up the game.
    the kit is airbrushed using Vallejo paints. I found the paint not very durable as the paints get scratched a lot.

    click on picture for bigger size
    4.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California base.
    Posts
    932

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    You did a good job. The zgok looks very clean. My only recommendation is that you should spend a little more time on seam line removal and maybe and a few decades.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,343

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Nice colors, and i really like the weathering. Vallejo are acrylic, so you should be careful when moving the kit around. Easy to chip off.


    https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

    Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

  4. #4

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rxslinger View Post
    You did a good job. The zgok looks very clean. My only recommendation is that you should spend a little more time on seam line removal and maybe and a few decades.
    thank you so much!!

    I tried removing seams on the arms and it went well. but the seams on the shoulders are tricky.

    thank you again, for your recommendation

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    Nice colors, and i really like the weathering. Vallejo are acrylic, so you should be careful when moving the kit around. Easy to chip off.
    thank you so much!

    the weathering is also my first time using tamiya weathering kit. the kit is more of an experimental than a complete build.

    about vallejo, now I switched to Tamiya acrylics and Mr. Hobby lacquers...

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,343

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceDivision View Post
    I tried removing seams on the arms and it went well. but the seams on the shoulders are tricky.
    If you paint the insides first, then mask them off, it makes removing that seam much easier!


    https://www.facebook.com/Squeesworkbench

    Please do not pm me with questions on how to do something hobby related. Just ask in a related thread.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Squee View Post
    If you paint the insides first, then mask them off, it makes removing that seam much easier!
    that's the whole point 😁 somehow I hate masking. hahaha my bad. i'm gonna get this exact kit and gonna try your advice tho..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Stuck behind a damn desk now, finally off the road!!
    Posts
    3,561

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    I use Vallejo a lot. To keep them from chipping I put a top coat of Future (Pledge) on and then they are good to go. Then you can add decails and weathering, then after you can put on the satin or dull coat to get the finish you want.



    List of things to do today. 1. Get a sword. 2. Name it Kindness. 3 Kill people with Kindness.

    My WIP: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...816#post274816

    My built stuff:http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...eys-Big-Garage

  8. #8

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Looking handsome!
    And wow you have been building since 5 years old, thumbs up!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by gundammonkey View Post
    I use Vallejo a lot. To keep them from chipping I put a top coat of Future (Pledge) on and then they are good to go. Then you can add decails and weathering, then after you can put on the satin or dull coat to get the finish you want.
    I heard that Future Pledge is the key. sadly, Future Pledge is not available in my country and I am not very sure of the equivalent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by heathorn View Post
    Looking handsome!
    And wow you have been building since 5 years old, thumbs up!
    thank you very much! I quit for some years tho


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Just about any varnish will do. I recommend a semi gloss. But with any acrylic paint you use, whether it's Vallejo, Tamiya, whatever it is it will not be durable by itself. A top coat is pretty much required for any acrylics.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wespac78 View Post
    Just about any varnish will do. I recommend a semi gloss. But with any acrylic paint you use, whether it's Vallejo, Tamiya, whatever it is it will not be durable by itself. A top coat is pretty much required for any acrylics.
    well noted! i learned the hard way. I thought the acrylic paint will harden if I mix it with lacquer paint.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    West Yorkshire UK.
    Posts
    937

    Re: HGUC Z'GOK - first time using air brush!

    Nice work.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Weathering with Dry Brush
    By Auxilla in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 29, 2016, 3:16 AM
  2. How to prime, brush paint and seal
    By Focke Wulf in forum Modeling How-To, Tips, and Tricks.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 15, 2014, 5:23 PM
  3. Brush adventure - My Gunpla Projects
    By Edimasta in forum Works-In-Progress
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: March 25, 2013, 10:59 AM
  4. Time
    By swark34 in forum The Gundam Universe
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 2, 2012, 9:30 AM
  5. 1st Time
    By Ikaoru in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 30, 2012, 9:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •