Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Question about my 00 seven sword kit.

So I recently purchased a seven sword MG kit, and it's pretty cool and such. Now as I have been building it, I have been painting it with gundam markers since I wanted to experiment using them, however not 1, not 2, but 3 of the parts have just sort of split in 2 or more pieces, and I wanted to know if anyone might know what it is I am doing. I have not applied any pressure to the parts beyond sticking together, and when I am painting them, I barely have a grip on them, but 2 of them split while I was painting them. Repairing them shouldn't be hard, but I wanted to know if it was just the kit, or the paint, or maybe I somehow am using too much pressure. That is all, thank you!

Re: Question about my 00 seven sword kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowarrow64 View Post
    So I recently purchased a seven sword MG kit, and it's pretty cool and such. Now as I have been building it, I have been painting it with gundam markers since I wanted to experiment using them, however not 1, not 2, but 3 of the parts have just sort of split in 2 or more pieces, and I wanted to know if anyone might know what it is I am doing. I have not applied any pressure to the parts beyond sticking together, and when I am painting them, I barely have a grip on them, but 2 of them split while I was painting them. Repairing them shouldn't be hard, but I wanted to know if it was just the kit, or the paint, or maybe I somehow am using too much pressure. That is all, thank you!
    What parts? Pics? I've built 00/7s without breaking parts. Is it a Bandai or knockoff?
    WIP page : http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...rage-of-Gunpla

Completed kits
    http://www.gundamforums.com/showthre...ed-quot-builds

"What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer, Morty? The answer is: Don't think about it."

Re: Question about my 00 seven sword kit.

Did you use enamel thinner for clean up, They will make plastic brittle. Use lighter fluid instead or do a gross coat before panel lining.