Welcome to the Gundam Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: A Tale of Two Zetas and Char's Heel Turn

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Aznable View Post
    No one cares about Puru or Puru II. Both die and the ZZ crew don't miss a step once she's gone.
    I need to watch the ending of ZZ again, but I could have sworn Ple II was in the group shot at the end of the show. And I must say, Amuro Aznable, that even though I enjoyed ZZ quite a bit, you do have quite a point in your post.

Who's TPTB? All I can come with is Toilet Paper Toilet Bowl.
    Pro tip for fixing seam lines: It rubs the puddy on its seam or else it gets the hose again.

Re: A Tale of Two Zetas and Char's Heel Turn

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsAndDust View Post
    I need to watch the ending of ZZ again, but I could have sworn Ple II was in the group shot at the end of the show. And I must say, Amuro Aznable, that even though I enjoyed ZZ quite a bit, you do have quite a point in your post.

Who's TPTB? All I can come with is Toilet Paper Toilet Bowl.
    Puru II isn't in the final shot. She dies after helping Judau navigate from Axis.

TPTB = The Powers That Be

Cool Re: A Tale of Two Zetas and Char's Heel Turn

Quote Originally Posted by Amuro Aznable View Post
    @Nightchaser

Did you like the Dublin Colony Arc with the Z characters teaming up (in a manner of speaking) with the ZZ characters?

It's really the high water mark of the show. Makes you want to weep for what ZZ could've been if TPTB had taken things from Z to ZZ seriously.

As for feelings in ZZ, nothing makes sense and nobody cares about anyone else.

Judau doesn't like anyone but ends up with Roux... For some reason.

Judau spent half of ZZ questing to rescue his sister Leina, only to abandon her right after being reunited with her.

Elle was the closest to Judau and supported him and said she wanted to stay with him, but she ends up with Beecha because...

Haman is attracted to Judau because is Newtype presence reminds her of Char. Funny, because both Haman and Scirocco mocked Char in Zeta for failing to become a true Newtype. Put Char next to Amuro, Kamille, and Lalah next to Char as well, and he also comes up short. Haman was just into teenage boys to weaken her. Better that she just gone MIA/died after the Titan war like in the Zeta game. Or fell out of favor once Char came back to take command of Zeon.

No one cares about Puru or Puru II. Both die and the ZZ crew don't miss a step once she's gone.

The bridge crew, engineers/mechanics and doctors aboard the Argama don't care about their fallen AEUG comrades. Kamille, Emma, Katz, Reccoa, Captain Hanken and crew of the Raddish were all seemingly forgotten by the Argama crew. Judau and co met and heard about Kamille at least 3x before the Dublin arc and they still had to be told he (Kamille) was the former pilot of the Zeta. Fa worked hard on the ship, helped repaired the mobile suits and rescued Judau and Bright didn't both to mount a rescue when she was in distress in episode 10. Leaving her to be saved by Side 1 survey teams who, "might" pass by and see her.

TPTB of ZZ didn't care about character relationship, continuity or making a good show. They had it all and flushed it down the toilet.
    I like the Dublin Arc for sure. Kamille is the better of the two pilots Z and ZZ. I'm touched by Fa's unwavering love for Kamille. I'm impressed that with the colony drop, Judau's feelings for Haman did not change. My favorite character in ZZ is Elpea Ple.

I feel totally sorry for Emary in ZZ, Bright did not even mention her. @Amuro Aznable -- ZZ looked and felt bad when watched directly after Z because it seemed that nobody cared about the Z team that was lost, especially Kamille and Char. Now, I watched ZZ without re-watching Z, it's better.

I don't want to reason why Haman falls in love with Judau and vice versa but Sarasa and Rasara said clearly they are connected (possibly through their newtype personalities) and that they are "exactly the same", they can read each other's heart and inner thoughts. I don't think their falling in love has got to do with Char or Haman's difficult childhood although those may be contributing factors. Judau seems to know what Haman wants and he will to the best of his ability given his circumstances do what she wants.

Quote Himura Kenshin. "Death is the easy way out, the challenge is to live." I would like to see how Judau live his life after Haman's death. That is going to be very difficult, he's emotionally unstable. I would like to see how his life ends. Haman could have taken Judau with her in death, when a battle is lost, the rule is to take the enemy with you. She let him live....may be, that's her way of agreeing with his ideologies, let him live to fulfill his vision of peace.

I like Haman Khan, I am very angry Judau ran off with Roux in the end! Why Roux? I prefer to see Judau pair off with a more major character like Sayla Mass or simply stay unattached. I don't know why Sayla appears in ZZ, as if she was there waiting in case Haman defects! Her role in ZZ is not fully utilized. Pity because she's a powerful character (Char's sister). If Judau is anything like Char, Char's sister should interest him. For unknown reasons, I always thought that Sayla's art work (appearance) resembles a blonde Haman.

My focus in ZZ is on Haman. I would have Judau more expressive of his feelings for her. Even if she dies, she would be happy to have found that someone special.

My most memorable scene in ZZ is when Roux got used as a shield!!!! That was such a scene like no other, the MKII was literally picked up and used as a shield. I dislike Elle and Roux but to be used a shield!!!! Poor girl. Who would have thought of doing that!

My most memorable scene in Z is when Haman smashed the gold gundam. I have never seen any other pilot smash the other so violently, she's soooooo fierce! She just smashed, smashed and smashed some more.
    Last edited by Nightchaser; November 9, 2018 at 1:12 AM.