Welcome to the Gundam Forums.

Themed builds and other project ideas

Hi folks,
    I'm semi stalled on my current project due to an impending multi-state move and inability to procure some much needed parts. So... Who else has themed builds or unique project ideas? My project is a "Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai" mashup with MG Gunpla. Forgive me if I posted this before; I forget things sometimes. The Seven are:

#1) MS-18SBX Kämpfer Schwere Befels version (Armored Command; mounts a Mega Gatling Beam Cannon; 2x Mega Beam Sniper Cannons; a Sazabi rifle; a round shield w/ 2x Beam MGs, 6x twin-tube missile launchers, a mega beam lance from the shield boss, and either 2 beam sabers or 1 mega beam saber that projects from a cutout over the hand; 2x Gatling beam guns; 2x beam machineguns replacing the head Vulcans; 2x beam sabers; and a beam greataxe with a beam saber projecting from the top and 2 smaller beam sabers projecting from the back) Color is Hot Metal Violet over Gunmetal with Gold trim and Nordic knotwork. "The Professional" (All I need is the shield)

#2) AMS-119JgX Geara Doga Jäger (mounts a Mega Gatling Beam Cannon; Mega Sniper Beam Cannon; 6-tube Heavy Guided Missile Launcher w/ radar; Heavy Pulse Beam Rifle; 2x Beam Machine Pistols; 2x Beam Sabers; Heat Hawk; Binder Shield w/4x Sturmfausten). Color is Polished Gunmetal with Gold trim. "The Smartass" (I need a Geara Doga!)

#3) MS-18KX Kämpfer Kommando (mounts a Mega Sniper Rail Cannon; 4-barrel Mega Gatling Beam Cannon; 6-tube Heavy Guided Missile Launcher w/radar; 2x Beam Machineguns; 2x Beam Machineguns replacing the head Vulcans; a compact Heavy Pulse Beam Rifle; 2x Gatling Beam Guns; Kämpfer Shotgun; 2x Beam Sabers; Heat Hawk; 2x Sturmfausten). Color is Tiger Stripe camouflage w/zimmerit & camo netting. "The Cold One".

#4) MS-14JgX Gelgoog Jäger Custom (mounts Gelgoog Mega Beam Sniper Rifle/Machinegun; 2x Heavy Beam Machineguns; 2x Gatling Beam Guns; Beam Machine Pistol; 2x Beam Sabers; Heat Hawk; Binder Shield w/2x Sturmfausten). Color is Candy Violet with Gold Trim. "The Schemer" (I need the Jäger conversion kit).

#5) MS-09R2X Rick Dom II Custom (mounts the Mega Beam Bazooka over the right shoulder; 2x Mega Gatling Cannons; 7-tube Heavy Guided Missile Launcher w/radar; Kämpfer Shotgun; Beam Machine Pistol; 2x Beam Sabers; Heat Seax). Color is Flat Black with Flames in a red/purple/blue shift. "The Friendly One" (I need the RII conversion kit)

#6) MS-07B-3SX Gouf Custom Samurai Special (mounts a Mega Gatling Cannon on Binder Shield w/Beam Naginata; Mega Beam Cannon, perfected copy from RX-78-4; 2x Heavy 3-barrel Gatling Beam Machineguns; 2x Beam Sabers,; 2x Heat Katana/Wakizashi sets; head from a RX-78 w/Kabuto Helm; 2x Beam Machineguns replace head Vulcans). Color is Candy Ruby Red over Gunmetal with Gold trim. "The Quiet One" (I need the RX-78 head, RX-78-4 Cannon, & Shin Musha Gundam Samurai armor)

#7) RGM-96XC Jesta Cannon Custom (mounts 2x Plasma Cannons; 2x Quad Barrel Heavy Gatling Beam Cannons; Combination Heavy Sniper/Pulse Beam Rifle w/38cm Grenade Launcher; Beam Machine Pistol; Kämpfer Shotgun; 2x Beam Sabers). Color is Candy Cobalt Blue with Silver trim. "The Kid"
    Last edited by Drachenherz; November 16, 2017 at 3:32 AM. Reason: Update
    Why do I prefer combat over social events? Simple: in combat, if you don't know what to do, you can always open fire. That tends to be frowned upon in social events.

Administrator

Re: Themed builds and other project ideas

I've never thought of something like this. I'd really like to see where it goes.

I'm stalled til after the move. Plus, lack of livable pricing is making procurement of needed kits and parts a nightmare!

I still need the shield for the Command Kämpfer, the Geara Doga, the Gelgoog Jäger conversion set, the Rick Dom II conversion set & a Seax, and for the Gouf (at minimum) the RX-78 head, RX-78-4 beam cannon w/ power pack & cable, and at least the Kabuto & shoulder armor of the Shin Musha.

- - - Updated - - -

I had thought about doing a build based on the legend of Beowulf, too, but that'll depend on how well this one turns out. I
    Last edited by Drachenherz; November 16, 2017 at 3:25 AM. Reason: Update
    Why do I prefer combat over social events? Simple: in combat, if you don't know what to do, you can always open fire. That tends to be frowned upon in social events.

I assume that these will all be High Grades.
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

My Seven are all MG... Whyever would I go smaller??? I need to maintain my level of insanity!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenherz View Post
    My Seven are all MG... Whyever would I go smaller??? I need to maintain my level of insanity!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    "You see, there's no need to wonder where your god is. Because he's right here! And he's fresh out of mercy!"
    -Kirito (SAO Abridged)

"Well, what good is being a god if you can't smite some people?"
    - Epsilon Church

Nope! In the Army dictionary you can see my photo next to the term "Rat, S**thouse, Crazy as"!

OK, there's been a changeup in the roster.

#6) The Quiet One is now piloting a MS-08TX/SSX Efreet Samurai Special Custom. It mounts a Mega Beam Sniper Cannon, 2x 3-barrel Heavy Gatling Beam MGs, 4x Heavy Beam Cannons, 2x 4-barrel Gatling Beam Guns, 1x Kämpfer shotgun, 2x Head Vulcans, 2x Heat Katana, 2x Heat Wakizashis, 4x Cold Kunais, a Heat Lance, a Beam Naginata, and a Binder Shield. Colors are still Candy Ruby Red over Steel with Gold trim.

#7) The Kid is now piloting the MS-07B-3X Gouf Custom Special. It mounts a Mega Gatling Cannon on the Binder Shield, 2x 4-barrel Heavy Gatling Beam MGs, 2x triple Heavy Beam MGs, a Kämpfer shotgun, a Beam Machine Pistol, 2x Beam Sabers, and a Heat Seax. Colors are Candy Cobalt Blue with Gunmetal trim.

Overall, this works better, plus procurement of the necessary conversion parts for making the Gouf into the Samurai Special was beginning to irk me to no end.
    Last edited by Drachenherz; November 16, 2017 at 3:34 AM.